Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can someone explain to me why we have an ACC TV network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Can someone explain to me why we have an ACC TV network

Sep 18, 2018, 6:20 AM

Of channels and every game is a blackout. I could understand Clemson at home being blacked out in the upstate viewing area. But I have tried to watch several ACC games of schools like Boston College or Pitt at home. Why are those games blacked out in the upstate area of SC??

Tell me fellow Tigers if I am not watching it on the right channel or if I am doing something else wrong.

I have Charter Spectrum and try to watch the games on ESPN’s app.

Any advice??? Thank you for any advice or help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can someone explain to me why we have an ACC TV network

Sep 18, 2018, 6:55 AM

I have a PS4 and used WatchESPN. I watched some of Pitt game this past Sat. not all but chk'd in a few times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 6:55 AM

There's an acc tv network? whut channel?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Channel 40 in upstate, channel 63 in Columbia.

Sep 18, 2018, 7:01 AM

That's the actual channel numbers, you cable guys will have to interpolate!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can explain it in four words

Sep 18, 2018, 6:59 AM

money money money money (be sure to sing this to the tune of the O'Jays)

Re: I can explain it in four words

Sep 18, 2018, 9:29 AM

i did,... and, before i even read where you told me to... hahaha..

They're blacked out on Sling too

Sep 18, 2018, 7:01 AM

Couldn't watch the GT-Pitt game last weekend because of it. Very frustrating.

why we have an ACC TV network.....

Sep 18, 2018, 7:11 AM

So we (lol) don't miss the big UNC vs Moorehead St basketball game.... Or when Duke has the epic battle with Northern Michigan....

Re: why we have an ACC TV network.....

Sep 18, 2018, 7:53 AM

I saw some of the game on FoxSports South. Channel 646. An ACC game is on there every week.

Furman game-went to ACC Network online and watched feed

Sep 18, 2018, 7:44 AM

from the ACC website. Game was blocked on SlingTV here in Pensacola

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

2 choices..both require watching via the internets

Sep 18, 2018, 7:53 AM

find some 1 who lives in California that you trust.

swap carrier user names and passwords. log into espn app accordinly.

or

buy a VPN service.. it will mask your IP address so espn won't have a clue where you are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 18, 2018, 7:59 AM

The “ACC Network” - as in the cable network equivalent of The SEC Network or Big 10 Network - doesn’t exist and isn’t scheduled to begin until 2019. Unfortunately the ACC is run by idiots and also uses the ACC Network branding for their web streaming, Raycom, and even some of their regional sports net programming. If you’re seeing “ACC Network” on a cable/sat broadcast of an ACC football game it is most likely a Raycom production. I can’t explain why you’re experiencing blackouts because I’ve had no problem with blackouts so far this year and I use web streaming exclusively. Is it possible you’re on a “lifeline” cable plan with access only to basic ESPN?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

If the game is blacked out on espn app, than normally

Sep 18, 2018, 8:37 AM

means that you can receive it OTA (Raycom) or they’re streaming it from the ACC website instead.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:14 AM

Before the Furman game, there was something posted on here stating what the local affiliate was for ACC Network/Raycom sports across the country. Here in Louisville, that channel happens to be ABC, so the local programming changed the Ohio State game to a different channel and had the Clemson game on ABC.

I would never have known the Clemson game was on because the dish guide still said it was the Ohio State game, even while the game was on. The only way I knew it was actually going to be on was because I went to the local affiliate's website to check their guide, and it showed up there. I'm willing to be when it is blacked out on streaming services it is somewhere on your TV, but you have to search for it (not using a guide). And they black it out because of money, which is incredibly annoying!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic