Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them

Nov 14, 2018, 12:25 AM

This again is proof that eSECpn just pushes the narratives they want. You would think they would say it depends how close it is but they know Bama gets in no matter what.

I also think Saban is a complete scumbag forcing Tua to play against Citadel. He has something seriously wrong with his knee. Maybe the Citadel wont hit him but if he just runs wrong then we could seem him coming out of the game barely able to walk.

Saban does not care about what damage he causes to his players career as long as it wins for them now.

Lets say UGA beats Bama by 1 point at the end of the game and Tua was hurt and out for the rest of the season? How does the committee decide if Bama is in the playoff for a second straight year as a non division winner?

I personally think only one team from a conference should be represented. I also don't see how they can let Oklahoma in again with perhaps a historically bad defense but they seem to want Bama Oklahoma for the Semi final if certain scenarios happen. I believe Bama would beat them by 40 + because I think any good CFP team would own the line of scrimmage against that defense and wear them down like we did a few years back.

I know I covered more than the Subject but I just watched the CFP Live from today.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's assuming Bama gets by Auburn.

Nov 14, 2018, 1:01 AM

I've seen crazier things happen in that rivalry outside of just a big upset.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's assuming Bama gets by Auburn.

Nov 14, 2018, 1:06 AM

Then they’d just talk about how a 2-loss Bama would “deserve” to be in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: That's assuming Bama gets by Auburn.

Nov 14, 2018, 1:13 AM

I would be pissed if I was Michigan, Oklahoma, or Washington State if they win out win their conference championship game.

If anyone is going to get shafted due to SEC bias then I think it should be Notre Dame since they refuse to join a conference in football and have no championship game.

Dean

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 loss Bama "cannot" get in

Nov 14, 2018, 1:34 AM [ in reply to Re: That's assuming Bama gets by Auburn. ]

I don't care if Tua gets Hurt on the first play against The Citadel and is out of the Auburn and UGA game and is available for the CFP. 2 loss Bama cannot get in no matter how much ESPN will try to work the "it's a different team" angle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Albarn would have to beat Bama and the Refs

Nov 14, 2018, 8:17 AM [ in reply to That's assuming Bama gets by Auburn. ]

that one is a lock.

And Citadel

Nov 14, 2018, 1:20 PM [ in reply to That's assuming Bama gets by Auburn. ]

Don't forget The Citadel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THUGA will be the team getting smoked.

Nov 14, 2018, 1:28 AM

Anyone who has seen them play knows they are a fraud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them

Nov 14, 2018, 1:52 AM

I just hope we get to play Alabama in the Championship game so they can have no excuses when we become the 1st 15-0 team to win the championship in modern era of football.

This team we have is destined to win and no other team is as good on paper, eye test and especially on the field as our Tigers. I believe we have the best team top to bottom to ever play college football this year!

We will be 2-1 against Alabama, the former best team in championship games over the last 4 years!!

Saban is playing Tua because he understands Trevor is coming fast and great to drive the best team ever assembled without the best recruits on paper.

Our Tigers will be National Champions again! I’m so grateful, thank you to Dabo and all of Clemson for being the best in every area!!??????????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 14, 2018, 2:36 AM

Saban went with Tua after seeing Cam Newton and then Deshawn light up his defenses. Saban is so sure of his decision that he won't let something little like the fact Tua may never walk again this season get in his way.

Nov 14, 2018, 6:31 AM

SHOW ME THE $$$$$$$$$ MOFOS!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone with any level of common sense knows that "BAMA" is the CASH COW of college football!!!!!! Saban and his team doctors will ride that kid's bum knee till he can't walk anymore, then cast him aside, and put another 25 STAR qb in there. WHAT do yall' think?

We are currently 1-2 against Bama in CFP

Nov 14, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them ]

I wouldn't discount the game last year as insignificant. Last year Bama wasn't even a conference champ and they killed us in the playoffs.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the talking heads say......

Nov 14, 2018, 7:06 AM

Head to head matters, but when it comes to bama they could lose 3 and still be the best thing since sliced bread with a SOS of the hall of suckage.

i very much doubt this. i continue to refer to last

Nov 14, 2018, 7:09 AM

year, when Alabama only got in because Whiskey wet the bed. This year the top 4 is not shakey, as long as nobody messes up. If Georgia beats Alabama in the SEC champ game, Georgia may jump Notre Dame and Michigan, but those two will still be in.

Nov 14, 2018, 7:27 AM

I've repeatedly stated this. They are reading my posts I guess. The deck is stacked in Bama's favor and that won't change until someone curb-stomps them.

If that happens, the logic should and will be:

Nov 14, 2018, 7:29 AM

Georgia just beat them once in the post season, so it’s not fair to make them play again.

Nov 14, 2018, 7:31 AM

Well first of all the only way Bama even plays UGA is if they win their division which they already have so this year is already different from last year. I can only assume you meant they don’t win their conference but with the amount of stupid stuff I’ve read on here already this morning I can’t be sure.

Nov 14, 2018, 7:59 AM

Georgia might beat them, but they won't smoke them.

Here is what I don't get about all this Alabama playoff

Nov 14, 2018, 8:04 AM

speculation by the talking heads. If Alabama is automatically in the playoff, then why do they even need to play their remaining schedule. If an Alabama loss does not matter - just have Alabama forfeit their remaining games to save wear and tear on the team for their playoff run. The truth is - winning out for Alabama DOES matter and there is no guarantee that a one loss Alabama is going to be in the playoffs - depends on the other teams in the mix and when a potential Alabama loss happens.

At this point it is all crazy talk by folks that have no input on the CFP Committee and whose opinions just don't matter. Since opinions are a dime a dozen, I'll throw a couple out there:

Assume the rankings remain the same over the next two weeks and have #1 Alabama (12-0) vs #5 Georgia (11-1) in the SEC Champ game. Why would the CFP Committee not look at the SEC Champ game as a defacto playoff elimination game?

Better yet - assume Notre Dame or Michigan drops out of the top 4 over the next two weeks resulting in a #1 Alabama vs #4 Georgia SEC Champ game. Why wouldn't this match-up, in fact, be a playoff elimination game for the team that loses since it puts the #1 vs #4 team just as will occur in the playoffs? Why would the CFP committee give the loser a "bye" in this situation - they won't give the #1 vs #4 loser a bye in the actual playoffs a few weeks later...

I just haven't bought into the fact that a one loss Bama automatically gets in - especially if they lose in the SEC Champ game. Losing the last game the day prior to the final rankings is a very bad time to lose and by no means guarantees a team a spot in the top 4 - even if you are the annointed Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well they are playing Citadel and Albarn

Nov 14, 2018, 8:19 AM

that's essentially 2 glorified practices.

Re: Here is what I don't get about all this Alabama playoff

Nov 14, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Here is what I don't get about all this Alabama playoff ]

Nailed it Tabby!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 8:20 AM

They’ve won 5 of the last 9 national championships. They’ve earned the benefit of the doubt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 14, 2018, 8:49 AM

And they used that mulligan last year to get into the playoffs.

You're so full of **** your eyes are brown !!!!***

Nov 14, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 14, 2018, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them ]

Because what they did last year and the previous 8 years have NOTHING to do with this year. You earn it each year. They wouldn't even hold your 132 years of pathetic football against you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:55 PM

Do you guys ever think about what you’re saying?

You’re saying the best team in football last year didn’t earn their national championship?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 14, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them ]

They didn't even win the west. They did not deserve to go. It gave them.extra time to heal their players.

For the record, I was hoping Notre Dame got left out due to not being in a conference and not having to play a conference championship game.

The previous years are not supposed to matter. Any other team other than Bama would have been left out last year.

Dean

PS Why are all coot fans Bama fans
You should rename the SEC to the Bama league where it is Bama.and a whole lot of average teams.

They're wrong, you can't lose a CCG and back in, even Bama***

Nov 14, 2018, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: CFB Live today said bama gets in even if UGA smokes them ]

This should not have any relevance at all. This is based on this season alone. And if this message is being sent by the committee then we need a new system.

If Clemson, Michigan, Notre Dame, and UGA beats Bama then Bama should be left out. Only reason they got in last year is because they were being compared to a 2 loss Ohio State team. If Wisconsin would have won they were gonna be in as well. The same should follow this year especially since all the teams listed above would be a conference champion except Notre Dame. If they want to argue Bama and Notre Dame that would be more reasonable given Notre Dame doesn't play in a conference.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe...

Nov 14, 2018, 8:40 AM

but only if Clemson, Notre Dame, and Michigan all lose.

In the unlikely event that Bama loses to UGa in the SECCG, and Clemson, Notre Dame and Michigan all remain unbeaten, Bama will likely be out.

There is NO WAY the committee could justify putting Bama in the CFP at that point.

The final four would be Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan and Georgia (in no particular order).

There is no question eSECpn pimps its own self-serving narrative, but ultimately, they have no way in the matter. Fortunately, the CFP Committee is intelligent enough to ignore them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You cannot lose a CCG and still get in, that's just crazy

Nov 14, 2018, 12:04 PM

talk, no committee is going to OK that

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:08 PM

I guess we will never see if this is true, because UGA has ZERO chance to "smoke" Alabama.

Nov 14, 2018, 12:34 PM

Every year the committee places emphasis on selecting the four best teams for the cfb playoffs...conference championships aren't a requirement because there isn't enough parity in college football.

Wouldn't you say that Alabama is a top 4 team regardless of what happens vs Georgia? Georgia lost 36-16 to LSU, that loss is worse than a potential Bama loss to UGA. Bama has the better team period and they will get in at #4 over the bulldogs.

Yeah that's definitely not true.

Nov 14, 2018, 12:39 PM

They CAN get in even if Georgia smokes them but they will need help. At least one of clemson, ND, and Michigan would have to lose. I'm not sure about 12-1 OU vs 12-1 Bama. Would the conference title be enough?

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic