»
Topic: Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts
Replies: 4   Last Post: Sep 20, 2018 7:59 AM by: aclemfan48®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts

[7]
Posted: Sep 19, 2018 10:32 PM

Apologies for the first post not working, I had to go in and snip these from Excel so they may be a bit grainy, but the point is still the same!

I tallied up the throws from the first three games and created these rudimentary excel graphs showing where passes were caught or attempted at. Squares represent completed passes and dashes represent incomplete passes.

There was not a huge difference in performance the first two games, but there is a noticeable uptick in passing across the middle when Lawrence was in the game against Georgia Southern.

What is most concerning to me is the lack of across the middle passing across the board from our offense, it is as if they have forgotten how deep posts and crossing routes work! We have far too many short throws and screens for my liking, but I am no offensive guru so I digress.

By my tallies, 27% of passes this year have been behind the line of scrimmage, while a whopping 49% have been less that 5 yards downfield! I hope that we can alleviate these issues and open it up across the middle as we move forward.

Regardless, I hope these open up some discussion as we look forward to bashing the nerds this weekend. Go Tigers!

EDIT: I updated these to better images now that I am at work and off the home laptop.

Message was edited by: aclemfan48®

Message was edited by: aclemfan48®

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Bet your chart would show the Ta&m qb warping our LB’er’s & DB’s across the middle

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2018 10:39 PM

and way more than 5 yds past the line of scrimmage.

Saying..i am surprised & alarmed that our passing game is as short as you show!

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Bet your chart would show the Ta&m qb warping our LB’er’s & DB’s across the middle

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2018 10:40 PM

Keep in mind these are where receivers caught passes, not including yards after catch!

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2018 10:45 PM

That’s awesome, I knew you would come through! Thanks Bro!

2018 white level member

I love our winning tradition. “Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!! ??????? It’s coming Coots, Fear the Thumb!! ????????
This team is ready to grow, get better and peak the 1st week of January 2019!!
We will win our 3rd National Championship over the Tide for a 2-1 advantage in Championships over the last 4 years!!

Re: Bryant vs. Lawrence Passing Charts

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2018 10:49 PM

It stands out that they trust Trevor down the middle and further down the field.

I’m sure our opponents chart us ever game like this too, especially their secondary.

2018 white level member

I love our winning tradition. “Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!! ??????? It’s coming Coots, Fear the Thumb!! ????????
This team is ready to grow, get better and peak the 1st week of January 2019!!
We will win our 3rd National Championship over the Tide for a 2-1 advantage in Championships over the last 4 years!!

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2325 people have read this post