Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Balding rapidly now ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Balding rapidly now ...

Feb 13, 2018, 8:21 PM

Should I :
1. Allow for natural process and bald like a man ?
2. Buy Man Wig ?
3. Incur the cost and regimen of Rogaine ?
4. Get A Hat ?
6. Let some artist tattoo a 5 o'clock shadow on my skull ?
7. Suggestions from those willing to help .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Balding rapidly now ...

Feb 13, 2018, 8:24 PM

Tattoo a tiger paw on your head. Remember to tell the tattoo artist to make sure the paw is turned to 1 o’clock

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2018, 8:28 PM

That isn't a hated idea , but what constitutes 1:00 on somebody's head ...it being at different angles at different times of the day .

I feel like you've created more questions than you've answered . ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 13, 2018, 8:58 PM

To be clear, because I like your post, 1 o’clock would be in relation to the center line of your face, top of the bridge of your nose. If not, you would get a pain in your neck having to hold your head at a slight angel. Did that help?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2018, 9:44 PM

Very much it did . Probably not going with your option , but I appreciate your idea .

DB23

Feb 13, 2018, 8:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Comb-over?

Feb 13, 2018, 8:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wind is a comb-over's worst enemy!***

Feb 13, 2018, 8:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comb-over?

Feb 13, 2018, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Comb-over? ]

That reminds me. I use to work with a guy (he was is a different department) who had the top 3 best combovers you’d ever wanna see. We still bring up his haircut from time to time. I spotted him walking across the parking lot one day and it looked like a sailboat on top of his head. It just always made me wonder why people don’t cut those things off. I always said that no matter how ugly shaped your head is and if you are scared to shave it off, it can’t possibly look any more ridiculous than sporting a combover everyday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shave it. Trust me, I did it six years ago at 53 years of

Feb 13, 2018, 8:27 PM

age, and people said I looked 10 years younger with no hair.

Re: Shave it. Trust me, I did it six years ago at 53 years of

Feb 13, 2018, 8:30 PM

Did you notice them looking at your head less afterward ?

DB23

Feb 13, 2018, 8:31 PM

See if you can find an old 'rat' cap

Feb 13, 2018, 8:39 PM

Please elaborate or my search for said cap will go on in vain .

DB23

Feb 13, 2018, 8:43 PM

old tradition
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/251146116695205496/

Feb 13, 2018, 8:45 PM

Looks a little small for my 49 year old head . At 23 , I prolly could have pulled that off without much notice .

DB23

Feb 13, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Balding rapidly now ... ]

old tradition
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/251146116695205496/

Feb 13, 2018, 8:40 PM

One horse tail and one tube of Elmer's Glue should be sufficient to give you a complete cover. If you prefer the mature look, I recommend a tail from an old grey mare. Don't make the hair too long because there may be some retained reaction in the horse hair that will want to swat flies and other annoying insects. One other possible problem, when to go to the toilet your hair may want to rise, the old tail reaction, you know.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2018, 8:44 PM

Mr. Joe any advice from a sage wizard such as yourself is greatly appreciated and taken seriously .

The thought of my hair slapping someone is funnier than it should be since I often take the A-Train from Brooklyn to JFK to fly home to SC . Sometimes folks get too close , ya know ?

DB23

Feb 13, 2018, 8:44 PM

get a sports car

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2018, 8:46 PM

LoL , or a monster truck rigged with flamer pipes .

DB23

Get over it...

Feb 13, 2018, 8:47 PM

started when I was student. Comb it the way it grows. Shave it if you want. Do anything but try to cover. Lots of things I worry about but my #### bald head ain't one of them.

Photobucket

Re: Get over it...

Feb 13, 2018, 8:55 PM

Seems to be transferring to my shoulders and the upper back area .

DB23

and then your ears and end of your nose and unibrow***

Feb 13, 2018, 8:59 PM

Buzz it down very close or shave it all off.

Feb 13, 2018, 8:52 PM

You'll like it better. Shaving it requires more time, though; I have to do it every other day.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Rub your head with McDonalds French Fries...

Feb 13, 2018, 8:57 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/06/mcdonalds-fries-might-hold-cure-baldness/310307002/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rub your head with McDonalds French Fries...

Feb 13, 2018, 9:47 PM

I have never seen a bald mouse .

Or a hairy French fry .

#fakeNews

DB23

go for the curls.

Feb 13, 2018, 10:08 PM
dug.png(114.3 K)

https://cmxpv89733.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/380iD467CB9EBE4C5635/image-size/medium?v=1.0&px=400

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd definitely try the fries....

Feb 13, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Rub your head with McDonalds French Fries... ]
dug2.jpeg(56.2 K)

Re: Rub your head with McDonalds French Fries...

Feb 13, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Rub your head with McDonalds French Fries... ]

If you are lucky enough to find a hairy French fry at McDonald's it could be worth millions to you!

Any attempt to conceal, cover, or distract from your

Feb 13, 2018, 9:21 PM

naturally balding head is a mistake, and only serves to scream insecurity. This includes wigs, toops, the constant wearing of hats, do-rags, comb-overs, etc.. You sure as heck won't be fooling anybody. My advice is to work with it, embrace it; keep it short or shave it.

Just my opinion; to each his own!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I was always told that brains and hair don't mix. So enjoy.***

Feb 13, 2018, 9:26 PM

Re: I was always told that brains and hair don't mix. So enjoy.***

Feb 13, 2018, 9:48 PM

but , but ... Einstein had an afro .

DB23

Yes, it kind of spoiled it for me too.***

Feb 13, 2018, 10:23 PM

buy hats- lots of hats

Feb 13, 2018, 9:39 PM

And remove all mirrors

Works for me. Can’t be what I can’t see

Shave it, or

Feb 13, 2018, 9:43 PM

paint yourself like this. Nobody will notice your hair, or lack thereof.

You need the "triple therapy"

Feb 13, 2018, 9:57 PM

Oral finasteride (Propecia) daily
Topical minoxidil (Rogaine) twice daily
Nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo 3 times per week

It should allow you to keep the hair you have, and possibly regrow some.

This can be done relatively inexpensively:

-Get generic finasteride 5 mg, and cut it into fourths. This amounts to 1.25 mg per day of finasteride, which is essentially Propecia (which is finasteride 1 mg). The reason to get generic finasteride 5 mg and cut it is to save $$, as brand name Propecia is the same thing but more expensive.
-Get generic minoxidil rather than Rogaine. Costco has a six month supply of Kirkland brand minoxidil for a lot cheaper than brand name Rogaine for the same thing.
-The ketoconazole shampoo is fairly affordable as well.

The main factor with this regimen is that it takes diligence. You have to use the topical minoxidil twice daily. You have to take the oral finasteride daily. You have to do this for the rest of your life, or it won't work. If you do it for a while and stop, you will lose the benefit.

For some, it's easier to give up and get a buzz cut or shave it bald. For others, especially if you still have a decent amount of hair, it makes sense to save what you have left. It's obviously a personal decision.

Maybe it will help to decide where you are on the Norwood hair scale. If you're fairly early on in the process, I'd definitely try triple therapy and see how you do. If you're already mostly bald anyway, just cut it close or shave it.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You need the "triple therapy"

Feb 13, 2018, 10:29 PM

You jist scienced the heyall outta that !

DB23

Feb 13, 2018, 10:01 PM

Just embrace being bald..(like me)

Just shave it and channel your inner Stone Cold Steve Austin....

Message was edited by: GSCtiger

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2018, 10:07 PM

Ixnay on the wig, please no!

Feb 13, 2018, 10:46 PM

Just buy a Red Corvette and get a trashy younger girlfriend.

Feb 14, 2018, 3:29 AM

Nothing wrong with balding. Just shave it ever morning and you will even look younger

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic