Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
B/4 game went up to Cemetary to say hellO to Coach Howard & then over 50 yds to see
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,457

B/4 game went up to Cemetary to say hellO to Coach Howard & then over 50 yds to see

Oct 21, 2018, 9:28 AM

& say thanks also to Dr Sikes for founding IPTAY (has #1 IPTAY engraved on his foot stone).

IPTAY stood for “I Pay Ten A Year” back in 1934 right during the Depression to help Clemson Athletics (football at first) to compete.

Both these former Giants of Clemson had a part in yesterday's Victory in they worked their brains & butts off to forge a financial path so their Boys could compete as student-athletes..

with the bigger & better financed Buckeyes, Bama’s, Sooners, Nittany’s, Huskers, etc..all of whom we’ve whipped in major games & bowls due to finances, equipment, coaching staffs, recruiting, airplanes, support staff, better facilities, etc,

Saying..more $ helped out for sure But having constructive Dreams & Goals & Hard Work & planning & Determination & Luck & Desire helped carry out their dreams for Clemson’s success on the gridiron..after John Heisman set up the standard of winning back in 1900-1903.

IPTAY was the Nation’s 1st True Student-Athletic Scholarship Funding Organization (With donations from both Alumni & regular Joe’s and not connected to ticket sales) and was the 1st such scholarship program in America to reach $1,000,000..then $2 Mil..then $3 Million, etc..and at one time had the most members in the Nation at 10,000..and now around 17,000 with lots of room to grow.

If you like football success at Clemson & its storied history..I suggest you go visit the graveyard just yards from the North side of Death Valley (home of Howard’s Field) and pay your respects to Coach Frank Howard & Dr Rupert Sikes..

and while you’re partying about Clemson's present success in football, donate to their Brainchild if possible so other Tiger Fans down the road can experience future success & glee (Victories & Nattys).

Go TiGERS Everywhere..ROCK!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hear here

Oct 21, 2018, 9:31 AM

!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: B/4 game went up to Cemetary to say hellO to Coach Howard & then over 50 yds to see

Oct 21, 2018, 10:12 AM

Thank you!

Re: B/4 game went up to Cemetary to say hellO to Coach Howard & then over 50 yds to see

Oct 21, 2018, 11:03 AM

The present enrollment in IPTAY is just over 17,000. I wish we had 50,000! Really support Clemson and join
IPTAY.

Oct 21, 2018, 11:10 AM

I agree. I’m not physically able to come to the games unless I luck in to getting awsome seats and parking (can’t do the hills and steps) I still donate to IPTAY and several other programs for Clemson. The path to where we are today was hard fought. To continue our success it takes money. The only thing I wish we could enhance or change is the amount allocated to Tiger Band.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Oct 21, 2018, 11:47 AM

The athletic dept or IPTAY will help you get to your seats if you have physical difficulties. That is what those slick golf carts are for. Contact the department and I’m sure someone will put you in touch with the right person. Have your IPTAY number available as they may ask for it ... but probably will not.

As stated above, 17000 is a low number for the success that Clemson has acquired. Please join at some level.

Yep, bet Buckies or other schools would have it up to 25,000 members or

Oct 21, 2018, 12:41 PM

or even more in a flash with this type of football success.

Saying, get off your duff Tiger Fans & open up your wallet!

Only $60 with get you an IPTAY membership card for one year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep, bet Buckies or other schools would have it up to 25,000 members or

Oct 21, 2018, 12:53 PM

Sixty bucks is the entry level. It’s worth that to have the decal! Plus, you are helping a student athlete.

Championships begin with Scholarships. Go Tigers

Oct 21, 2018, 2:00 PM

Great post LBB!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,457
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic