Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Assistant coached HS baseball for two years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,899

Assistant coached HS baseball for two years

May 27, 2018, 10:53 AM

And have seen first hand what a HC who does not stand up for his boys can do to a team. Two times we had a joke of a strike zone in playoffs and the kids were losing their minds for good reason. I started working the ump behind the plate and talking to the base ump from the 1B coaching box because it was sickening. In the second instance, the base ump was idiot Chicken Teddy Heffner, the Columbia radio host, and he told me to pipe down and say not another word. I turned to our hitter and told him to "watch the corners close" and Heffner tossed me. I lost it and the HC told me to go home. The same HC who said nothing on behalf of his frustrated kids. After game I saw him backslapping and laughing with Heffner in parking lot. All the players told me thanks for being there for them all year and they hated Coach Kelley because he never stood up for them and was fake. Coach Lee showed the Tigers who he loves....his boys. You cannot put a price on that, win or lose.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ YeP, agree but

May 27, 2018, 11:02 AM

i got the scares when Coach Lee threw his player & game plan log notebook down!

Can we afford to replace that item?

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Assistant coached HS baseball for two years

May 27, 2018, 12:24 PM

Like a basketball coach getting a technical in key situations. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

This team has played fifty plus games this year. I suspect they know where coach Lee stands. I have no reason to believe that he has ever had a moment when he didn’t support his guys 100%

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teddy freakin' Heafner?? Now there's a bastion of

May 27, 2018, 1:02 PM

unbiasedness if there ever was one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, he ump'd HS baseball in the Columbia area

May 27, 2018, 1:35 PM

For years. A blustery slob of a guy but our HC was buddies with him and did not back me or the players with that fool. He is a Chicken local slug.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,899
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic