Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any law enforcement Tigers on t-net? Have a question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Any law enforcement Tigers on t-net? Have a question...

Dec 8, 2018, 8:52 PM

Long story short, Fed Ex delivered my package to the wrong address on Wednesday. After many calls, they finally figured out where they left it. The man brings me an open box and said the lady said she opened it and she hopes everything was there...of course it wasn’t. I have a side business where I customize stainless tumblers and she helped herself to a nice portion of my $500 inventory. Can I file a report on her for stealing the missing items?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had similar incident last year.

Dec 8, 2018, 8:56 PM

The shipper would have had to have places insurance on the package for any claim to be made. Otherwise you’re out of options. Contact shipper and tell them what happened and ask them to place a claim. If they are covered they should send you a replacement... if they’re a reputable company.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Had similar incident last year.

Dec 8, 2018, 8:58 PM

Thanks for the advice! It just blows my mind people can do stuff like this and get away with it

Re: Had similar incident last year.

Dec 8, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Had similar incident last year. ]

I drive for UPS and usually a claim would be paid to the shipper for the missing merchandise and you would be shipped a replacement

The next time we have our get together at Subway I will let

Dec 8, 2018, 10:32 PM

you know....

im no cop but id go ahead and file a report

Dec 8, 2018, 8:57 PM

she knows it isnt hers and didnt return it in full...have seen stuff on the news where people pick kup money after ..found that below online..prob no different than getting a check in the mail that isnt yours and cashing it

Armored Car Dumps Cash on Interstate, Police Charge Those Who ...
https://www.wqcmfm.com/armored-car-dumps-cash-on-interstate-police-charge-those...

“Anyone who picked up money can be charged with theft,” ISP spokesman Sgt. John Perrine tweeted. “If you have money from the incident to return, contact the ...

just go kick her ### and take it back***

Dec 8, 2018, 8:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face?

Dec 8, 2018, 9:07 PM

Because ultimately that's what calling a cop is like. Just like you never aim a gun at something you don't intend to destroy, you never call a cop on someone you wouldn't want to see killed.

Not saying cops are killers, just pointing out the reality of the situation. When the police get involved, they have to carry the process through, and if the person resists, the police have to use force to make them comply, up to and including them shooting the person in the face.

So, if you're not comfortable with that, how about ya just man up and talk to the lady and work it out?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what in the #### are you talking about? lol***

Dec 8, 2018, 9:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what in the #### are you talking about? lol***

Dec 8, 2018, 9:12 PM

She’s a snowflake

Re: what in the #### are you talking about? lol***

Dec 8, 2018, 10:26 PM

A Republican???

Re: Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face?

Dec 8, 2018, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

That is one stupid answer.You sir are a numb nut for making such statements and your mind is screwed up from liberalism

Dec 8, 2018, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

So I am a lady, let’s get that clear. Also, Fed Ex wouldn’t give me her name or address. All I know is, she lives down the street from me. I did read that if I filed a report, the Fed ex would give the police her name of course...again, can’t believe all you read on the internet so I’m trying to see what my options are.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:19 PM

I'm surprised FedEx has no liability.
They delivered the package to the wrong address. That initiated the problem. Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

Any lady coots, dawgs, or tarholes live down the street from you?

Most cops would rather write a ticket for someone going 46 in a 35

Dec 8, 2018, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

Than actually help someone. Saw two today in a thrift store arresting a couple homeless people for loitering too long in a thrift store.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Most cops would rather write a ticket for someone going 46 in a 35

Dec 8, 2018, 9:36 PM

My Mom is a 73 year old lady. Anyway, she was visiting Charleston and drove through a construction zone entering Charleston on that bridge on 17 near the Waffle House. The cop gave her a ticket for 1 mile an hour over and asked her question about what she was doing in town etc etc. She has Florida plates. When she showed me the ticket I laughed. I told her to calm down and I would get one of those ticket lawyers to clear it up. Turns out there is zero wiggle room when in a construction zone. She was stuck with a speeding ticket and not clean driving record. It messed with her insurance a touch. That was her first ticket in maybe 50 years. It was pretty cliche for cops and I never thought that could happen. Yeah they waste time messing with people.

He was probably just trying to protect people***

Dec 8, 2018, 10:32 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

His radar could have easily been 1 mph out of calibration...

Dec 9, 2018, 12:20 AM

He was being a D I C K and the out-of-state plates were probably the catalyst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His radar could have easily been 1 mph out of calibration...

Dec 9, 2018, 9:32 PM

People out of state are less likely to show up for the schedule court date...easy money. Lol

Dec 8, 2018, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

SMH

I thought Jhop came up with stupid ####.

Dec 8, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

You take the cake.Congrats!

Dec 8, 2018, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

### are you smoking?

Ohhhhh Chaz Tom ..... worst poster on here - well earned

Dec 8, 2018, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

accolade.

Congrats - we all know you are proud.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Man, some things really get y'all's panties in a wad.

Dec 8, 2018, 9:51 PM

My favorite are the "ya #### liberal" comments. LOL, yes, anyone who doesn't worship the government's enforcement arm must be a liberal.... great logic.

watch a little tooo much news there pard-ner***

Dec 8, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 8, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

Are you comfortable being a complete imbecile?

Re: Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face?***

Dec 8, 2018, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

Darn Tom, go to bed before you post something else.

Dec 8, 2018, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

What??? If somebody's gonna steal something from me - they assume all risks - including getting shot in the face for resisting arrest should I file a police report.

I could care less what happens to some low-life con artist who intentionally rips me off.

I hear ya. I can't really disagree. I just want people to

Dec 9, 2018, 9:26 AM

realize that calling the cops on someone is a dangerous thing to do. If you're fine with it, then go ahead.

Personally I'd give the person the chance to come clean first, but you're right, if they stole, they have lost their expectation of non-violent response.

they had the chance to come clean

Dec 9, 2018, 10:43 AM

BEFORE they took what didn't belong to them. and a second time when they were confronted, but chose not to.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear ya. I can't really disagree. I just want people to

Dec 9, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to I hear ya. I can't really disagree. I just want people to ]

Dude if you live your life the right way , you’re never going to have problems with a Cop.
If you get pulled over do what they ask nothing will EVER happen. Just because you think you haven’t done anything , gives you no right to be insubordinate. As far as Cop wrongfully killing people that’s less than 1% . Ignorant people like you are the first to call the Cops over nothing then when they get there make them shoot you.

Dec 9, 2018, 9:16 PM

That's just totally wrong in the modern world. The USA is a police state and the cops can kill with virtually no consequences, because people like you will always trust that they "must have had a reason."

But the reality is that the cops are doing immoral, unconstitutional #### all the time, like this https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1

Either way, the point I made still stands. Any time you call the police, you are pointing a deadly weapon at a person. Make sure it's justified.

Dec 10, 2018, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear ya. I can't really disagree. I just want people to ]

Unfortunately there aren't any official statistics on how many times cops kill an innocent person, but hypothetically let's just say that it's 1 percent of the time. If 1 in 100 people that are killed by cops are completely innocent then that is a HUGE problem.

100% spot on

Dec 10, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I hear ya. I can't really disagree. I just want people to ]

and why the NFL anthem protests are pointless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 9, 2018, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

You sir, are not thinking rationally. Time to turn off the screens and take your meds.

Funny.

Dec 9, 2018, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

Because your post is like having a 300 Win Mag going off in my ear.

LMAO thousands of citizen-police interactions happen per day***

Dec 9, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

Idiot...

LOL, well that escalated quickly.

Dec 9, 2018, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

I am very libertarian and believe that cops have WAY too much leeway to abuse their power and decide to shoot people.... but in this particular case, you sound deranged. You make it sound like calling the cops will result in an execution. Very odd considering the context.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

Nutrients post ever seen on Tnet.

Dec 9, 2018, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Are you comfortable with her being shot in the face? ]

You're an idiot. I've been in law enforcement for 12 yrs and my dads been a cop for 15 after he retired from the military. What you just said is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. When it comes to anything law enforcement related and the "process" as you put it, do yourself a favor and keep your comments to yourself cause you make yourself look like an ignorant jack***

Re: Any law enforcement Tigers on t-net? Have a question...

Dec 8, 2018, 9:08 PM

I'm not in law enforcement, but I did work for UPS for a few years. Fedex and UPS protocols are fairly similar.

If the package was addressed correctly and the driver just dropped it off at the wrong address, from my experience dealing with claims the person at the house where it was left can't be held legally liable for opening a package that was left at their house. I know that sounds ridiculous, but parcels shipped via UPS and Fedex do not have the same legal safeguards as regular mail, and if something is missing they can always claim that the item wasn't in the box in the first place.

The person who shipped the package is responsible for insuring the contents against loss or damage. All Fedex and UPS parcels are automatically covered for up to $100 (plus reimbursement for cost of shipping) provided the shipper can provide proof of value. The shipper would have to file a claim with Fedex in order to be reimbursed.

Dec 8, 2018, 9:15 PM

Thanks for the response. Crazy that people are able to get away with stealing like that. She had a chance to give it back and didn’t.

Dec 8, 2018, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Any law enforcement Tigers on t-net? Have a question... ]

Don't mess with the USPS. You're almost better off robbing a bank rather than stealing a single 1st class stamp.

I’m no attorney but seems to me that one is on the

Dec 8, 2018, 9:24 PM

Re: I’m no attorney but seems to me that one is on the

Dec 8, 2018, 9:50 PM

Good idea!! I understand I can get my stuff back but I just can’t stand the thought of some lady keeping my stuff. I can’t stand a thief!

I've been in Small Claims probably 200+ times...

Dec 8, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to I’m no attorney but seems to me that one is on the ]

as the plaintiff. mostly for evictions, but have done judgments for money owed as well.

As T3 said, most of the time when someone is served, they "mysteriously" locate the missing items. If the shipper doesn't replace the missing items, go ahead and file a small claims judgment for money owed against her. There are court costs involved doing this(NC court costs are $126.00 for the individual and $15.00 for each additional person on the filed action).

If they appear in court and Small Claims finds in your favor, they must either return the item(s), pay to you the value of the missing item, and also pay to you the court costs.

If they are served with the summons and then contact you saying they found it have them bring it to your house. VIDEO THE ENCOUNTER AS IT CAN BE USED AS EVIDENCE AGAINST THEM. Tell them their "mistake" unfortunately has cost them an additional $###.00 court costs. If they will not come up with the money to re-imburse you, tell them to keep the items and bring them to court on the scheduled date and time.
Video them until they leave the premises.

If they bring the items and pay you the court costs, you can go up to the clerk of Court's Office and file a Satisfaction of Judgment(or similar action) to show the matter is completed. It is your responsibility to ensure the defendant receives a copy of this. I would give them a time not to be less than 72 hours before the court date to comply with your request. If they do not pay, then proceed with the action.

Re: I've been in Small Claims probably 200+ times...

Dec 8, 2018, 10:10 PM

One other thing.

Be sure to take any copies of the order and any shipping documentation to court as well. Have copies for the magistrate and for the defendant, too.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to I've been in Small Claims probably 200+ times... ]

Thanks for the reply 71PR!

Dec 9, 2018, 10:30 PM

If you obtain her identity and have to go the judicial route, you will want to file a claim and delivery action. Assuming you’re in SC, See the following link.

https://www.sccourts.org/summaryCourtBenchBook/HTML/CivilK.htm

Also, if you google “claim and delivery SC” you will find some templates of the forks you will need to file.

Re: I’m no attorney but seems to me that one is on the

Dec 8, 2018, 10:25 PM [ in reply to I’m no attorney but seems to me that one is on the ]

Good answer T3

Dec 8, 2018, 10:21 PM

Can you prove beyond a doubt that she stole anything from you? If not, you better don't let her find out that you are accusing her, or you will get sued!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 10:30 PM

Hmmm?

Dec 8, 2018, 10:46 PM

You just can't accuse someone of stealing something from you with no proof they did. They could just as easily say the package was opened when they found it at their door or where ever they found the package. Now if the UPS or FedEX person that delivered the package to that address, and they handed it over to a person, that's all the proof that will be needed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 10:53 PM

That sounds very reasonable.
I hadn't thought of it from that perspective.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Any law enforcement Tigers on t-net? Have a question... ]

That sounds very reasonable.
I hadn't thought of it from that perspective.

Dec 9, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Any law enforcement Tigers on t-net? Have a question... ]

It’s hard to sue someone in this instance when the name of the person that stole is unknown and not mentioned

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 8, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Any law enforcement Tigers on t-net? Have a question... ]

Absolutely! She admitted that she opened the box and she hoped everything was there. Second, I ordered a case of tumblers which are always sealed in its own box. One was missing from that box...and it too was open. I’m also a teacher and when I posted this story on Facebook, one of my old coworkers who works at another school said a parent came in Friday bragging about getting a bunch of cups delivered to her house. She didn’t know her name but she is going to find out.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:50 PM

If she said she opened it, it's he word against your word, but if she bragged to someone about the said incident, she is through dealing, she will have to give it up, or pay you for it!!!

I have had packages delivered to my house before and never look at the name bc I to was expecting a package, but as soon as I opened it, I knew that I hadn't ordered it. Then I would check for the name and address and take it to them with all of it's contents....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

I stayed at a holiday inn last night so....

Dec 8, 2018, 11:42 PM

you’re screwed if you accepted it without filing a complaint. Hopefully you buy from these people a lot and they can file a claim

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I stayed at a holiday inn last night so....

Dec 8, 2018, 11:50 PM

Claim has already been filed. Fed ex also has a note of missing items. I’ve been ordering these items for over two years and have never had an issue with missing items out of my order.

I recently had a package for my neighbor delivered to my door.

Dec 9, 2018, 1:19 AM

Even though I have a note on my door that asks for packages not to be left because I have had 2 packages be stolen off my doorstep in the past.

I have no idea how long the box was at my front door since I don't use that door and I leave for work in the dark and get back from home in the dark.

I found it late Sunday night. It was a mess. The tape on the box was falling off (it was the paper kind that I think you have to wet). The box was essentially wide open. I brought it in and investigated it because I thought maybe someone had sent me something. After checking the label which was on the underside of the box that was falling apart, I realized it belonged to my neighbor. Since it was late at night, I did not take it straight to their house, but rather, I took off early on Monday and carried this 35 lb box across the street.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the box with the 12 year old since the parents were not home. I told her to tell her parents the box came exactly like that and I hoped everything inside was okay.

I get home Wednesday and have a note on my door that says FedEx security wants to talk to me about a package that was accidentally left on my door and that they wanted to retrieve the package.

Of course they were closed at that hour, so I worried about it all night thinking something was missing from the box and I was going to get blamed. Or that a second package might have been stolen.

Truth was, my neighbor reported the box missing but did not inform them I had delivered it to them. It got cleared up and the FedEx people called to say they had their package.

But here is the thing....i don't know if anything was missing or if anything was broken. I did not take anything from that box!

Consider the folks who returned your box may not have been responsible.

Re: I recently had a package for my neighbor delivered to my door.

Dec 9, 2018, 9:14 AM

That is awful!! Actually she didn’t return the package. Fed ex retrieved the package from her and that’s what was left.

Dec 9, 2018, 9:23 AM

I have ordered stuff before and when I opened my package, I found less stuff or different stuff I'd ordered or that the shipper had shortchanged me.

It's not perfectly clear to me that whomever opened the package stole anything from you. They might have done so, or the person packing the shipment stole something from you, or the company from whom you bought the items intentionally or accidentally failed to ship everything you ordered.

Sorry for you loss.

Dec 9, 2018, 10:15 AM

I’ve ordered from this company for years and never had an issue. The fact that this lady went to the school and was bragging about getting free cups makes me think she helped herself. Especially because the come prepacked in a case. The box inside the box was open and one cup was taken out of that. It’s very suspicious

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic