Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All this SCOTUS talk has me thinking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 384

All this SCOTUS talk has me thinking

Oct 8, 2018, 9:41 PM

And I been drinking

Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t understand the single issue voters and arguments. Roe v Wade was mentioned in another thread and I am trying to wrap my head around someone who only supports a candidate or party based on a singular issue that’s pretty specific.

It seems to me like a very localized topic that doesn’t even effect most people.

It’s crazy that people will toss aside any other ideals that a person or party may have based on this one topic.

And that translates to other topics and issues as well. Think if pro weed folks were as outspoken and singular issue voters as some other groups on singular issues.

I had no idea who kavanaugh was before and i don’t see him changing my life significantly any time in the foreseeable future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least we're not playing politics...

Oct 8, 2018, 9:43 PM

with American soldiers anymore.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I agree

Oct 8, 2018, 9:47 PM

90% on the right don't think about roe. I'd guess 90% on the left have it as probably their top 3 issues.

At least that's my perception

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The right is as obsessed with row v wade as much as the left

Oct 9, 2018, 7:54 AM

I really think row is and was the catalyst for the strong divisions in our country. It definitely brought evangelicals to the political table and cemented their political power.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right, left... What does the middle think?

Oct 9, 2018, 8:28 AM

tia

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

o k? well, i give it 2 seconds of thought maybe a yr

Oct 9, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to The right is as obsessed with row v wade as much as the left ]

its probably 1000th on my priority list on who to vote for. I dont the conservative voters are the same today as 30 yrs ago. Maybe I'm wayyyy off base. I DO think the pubs think its high on the list, but i just dont think its the case anymore in 2018 for the conservative voters.

but again, maybe I'm way off base.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why should I care about abortion?

Oct 9, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to The right is as obsessed with row v wade as much as the left ]

At this point in my life, it will never affect me one way or the other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinking

Oct 8, 2018, 11:20 PM

For yourself is exactly what you are not supposed to be doing.

Now pick a shepherd and a flock and don't ask any questions...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

A single issue might be what changes the face of our nation.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:01 AM

If it is it will be the economy. Imo, thinking which evaluates all women as single issue voters is insulting to women, as if their minds can only handle one though at a time or only one issue motivates or controls their vote.

A man must have come up with this because there is nothing in the universe as complex as a woman's thinking. Men are simplistic and much more likely (than women) to be one issue voters, imo. That's not to say that many men are single issue voters but if we are we will most likely be focused on the economy.

Now you sober up and get back to supporting your family, worrying about your stocks and doing your job so you can get a raise which increases your income which you can spend on your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

re: playing politics

Oct 9, 2018, 7:49 AM

Here's my take: our secondary isn't as good as I hoped, but dang man, our running game and d-line is a threat for anyone.

IMO, politics is like a 34 point underdog at home, at best.

In case you were wondering, Dabo is undefeated against politics

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very similar

Oct 9, 2018, 8:28 AM

to posting things on the wrong board, especially when there is a right board for things like this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I’m a product of the general view

Oct 9, 2018, 8:40 AM

See it all in one place, post it all in one place.

I thought referencing drinking earned a free pass to be jounge worthy?

You always get a free pass

Oct 9, 2018, 8:45 AM

Carry on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

wrong bored

Oct 9, 2018, 3:02 PM

####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

There's not much in national politics that will change your

Oct 9, 2018, 3:08 PM

life significantly, at least on a day o day level.

That's what confuses me so much about people who get so wrapped up in politics to the point that they only see anyone else as a democrat or republican and judge them accordingly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you Could be right

Oct 9, 2018, 6:32 PM

But today I learned you don’t like anything and could possibly me father, so I am at a loss

Replies: 15
| visibility 384
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic