Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Coaches/Teams/AD's Need 2 Step Up!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

ACC Coaches/Teams/AD's Need 2 Step Up!

Aug 21, 2019, 10:06 PM

I am 100% a Clemson fan and supporter! I am also "NOT A FAN" of people "conference claiming"! Forget that, why?
All I will say is, "it's kind of sad and disappointing there isn't a bunch of outrage coming from some of our fellow ACC schools"! Namely the coaches of some of these schools. The analyst and sports writers are basically telling everyone "you are terrible" because you are in the ACC and you are not Clemson! No rants ripping the comments. No saying we must have toughened Clemson up pretty well; b/c they beat the so called best team every by what should have been at least 5 touchdowns!
I am especially shocked of Doerians silence. He always has some smart A-comment.

"But HRT, that's not their style they have class"!
Okay, but these folks are pushing a false narrative per the numbers! 23-23 last 46 head to head ( yes CU plays a huge role in that). But, the narrative being the ACC isn't good enough to get a team ready; where the SEC is narrative is: "grossly exaggerated if not absurdly wrong"!

"Are you going to start yelling ACC ACC ACC HRT"?
Heck no. I don't care really. But, it would be great to have a little "benefit of the doubt" if that 1 game every team has every year catches up to us! We can't now b/c the ACC teams currently don't always show up o.o.c and win. ACC teams have beaten: SEC, Big 10, Big 12 and Pac 12 teams. That's no big thing: "but it has to be more consistent"! Only the SEC puts more players in the NFL than the ACC. So this conference has good players. A.D.'s and schools have to start putting forth the resources to get more competitive more often. Not just get lucky every 4-5 years.

"But you have defended the ACC, this seems to disagree with your stance"!
Not really the way I see it. I am saying "the record against the SEC suggest the ACC isn't as bad as sports writers and analyst make it out to be. I am also saying last year going 7-5 versus the SEC 6-5 bowl record makes the ACC at least "not horrible". And going 9-3 in 2016 bowl season versus the SEC going 6-7 suggest perhaps the ACC is even in the running for one of the best conferences. The picture has been painted so well about how bad the PAC 12 and ACC are it's no wonder SEC-PN wants all SEC teams in the CFP. And Herbie wants OSU. Old Timers want Notre Dame. And for Parity Oklahoma or Texas. Clemson comes along and destroys the model.

"You really think ACC teams can compete HRT"?
Yep. Pitt has the most National Titles of any program east of the Mississippi with 9 claimed titles. Last one was 1976 or just 4 years earlier than the last time Georgia won one. Pitt has the resources and a fan base that "when they winning" is loyal and will follow. FSU is going to be back this season watch: The Willie Taggert haters love to conveniently forget what a dumpster fire Jimbo left in Tallahassee. Kendall Briles knows offense and that's been their problem - they have talent all over the field. They will be back! Miami will be interesting with Diaz and Enos there. You know they will get the talent; but like FSU, Florida, LSU they have struggled offensively. They have half of the team that brought Tua into national prominence. And supposedly a QB whisperer. Miami will be back and in the mix. Maybe not quite ready to contend for the title but in the mix and winning double digit games I think. Dino Babers has Syracuse on a roll - they were (like Clemson) disrespected in the polls during the season despite winning. The QB they have now was a 4 star player(Devito) and they have talent back on their OL. I can see them consistently being in the mix to win double digit games.
The next layer of teams include Nancy St, Georgia Tech and VT. These teams would help the image of the conference if they could consistently get to 8-9 wins and go on to win tough bowl games! All three have enough to do that! All three have done big things on the national stage and there is no reason they can't perform better O.O.C.
"So you agree with all the down talk about the ACC"?
No. Not based on the head to head record and bowl records. No.

"You think the conference as a whole will be better in 2019"?
I hope so. Mack Brown should improve UNC. Again, Kendall Briles being at a place like FSU could be volatile. Satterfield will turn Louisville around; but not this year! NC State has to replace an NFL caliber QB and may take a step back! They at least have been consistently ranked somewhere between #15 - 25 most years! Everything else is in place for the wolfies except for QB; so if they find one they could be dangerous! Miami will be good and win double digit games. Likely opponent for CU in the ACCCG(not arrogance just thinking positive regarding CU getting there).

Step up AD's and Head coaches in the ACC. At least make it a fight and show you are interested in competing in something other than basketball! The weight of the ACC as a football is squarely on the shoulders of the Clemson Tigers! Time for you all to step up and be good enough to be "good wins for Clemson, LOL"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with most all you said..

Aug 21, 2019, 10:44 PM

some good thoughts & reasoning..and Miami in ACCCG wouldn't be as bad as Last years opponent.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree with most all you said..

Aug 22, 2019, 12:50 PM

It's crazy because Northwestern lost to Duke. Who was in the Big 10 championship game - NW! Northwestern was ranked #21 at the time - i'll give you that!
The ACC caught Hades about Pitt representing the Coastal.

BTW, we need to drop the Coastal and Atlantic thing. Make it North and South. The South team will basically be the favorite every year unless Cuse or Pitt has something!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL;DR***

Aug 22, 2019, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic