Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC BASEBALL TOURNY ATTENDANCE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

ACC BASEBALL TOURNY ATTENDANCE

May 22, 2019, 4:17 PM

Man how can you be in a triangle of 1.8 million people and not draw more interest in a once a year tourny than this. Move the dang thing to either Charoltte or Greenville where hopefully the crowds will increase. There is zero atmosphere.

Greenville would at least draw decent, even for non-clemson games

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10's of people are there!

May 22, 2019, 4:40 PM

Yeah, back to G'Vegas.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

the tourney will move after this season

May 22, 2019, 5:00 PM

The International League controls Bull Durham Stadium and the contract is out! Greenville is one of the sites under consideration. I think that they have a great chance

Darn I hope so.***

May 22, 2019, 5:13 PM

Re: the tourney will move after this season

May 22, 2019, 5:49 PM [ in reply to the tourney will move after this season ]

I'll bet Swoff isnt letting anything come close to Clemson. He is a bozo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forest, I'm sorta surprised there hasn't been more umbrage

May 22, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to the tourney will move after this season ]

by Clemson fans upon discovering the ACC was quietly negotiating to have the baseball tournament semi-permanently in Durham.....without giving other locations much of a shot at bidding on future games. Mike Martin's insistence having the ACCT in Greenville was an advantage for Clemson and then having the league fold like cheap chair and move it basically forever. Of course, the ACC would have us all believe there's no advantage to the Tobacco Rd teams when the golf tournament or women's soccer are held at the same locations where Triangle teams frequently practice and, lest we forget, men's basketball which has been held a time or two in Greensboro (about 45 minutes from chapelhole). I certainly don't see how holding the ACCT at Durham Bulls stadium (a great place to watch minor league baseball incidentally) offers an advantage to unc, Duke or NCSt. fans.

I suppose the initial outrage of Clemson baseball fans has passed with time.....after all, it wasn't long after the conference changed the rule stopping the tournament from being held at the home of the regular season champion that it was farmed out. The baseball tournament has only rarely made money since it was moved forever out of Greenville. But....its nice to know the powers that be in the league office are looking out for each and every fan base.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that real?

May 22, 2019, 6:03 PM

The ACC is quietly negotiating to have the baseball tournament semi-permanently in Durham?

WAS trying to arrange to have the ACCT in Durham

May 22, 2019, 8:04 PM

every year. Its my understanding Durham wanted to keep ACCT money and have the International League (who retains all scheduling rights) make scheduling adjustments so they wouldn't have to lose any home games. The International League declined to make special conditions for the Bulls and as such Durham is losing the Tournament for the next contract period.

I think it was a surprise for many....The Raleigh N&O just reported on it in the last couple of weeks

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the tourney will move after this season

May 22, 2019, 6:33 PM [ in reply to the tourney will move after this season ]

Not with Swofford having a say where it's played. Rest assured, it will be close to one of the NC schools so that he can finish ruining it for the ACC Baseball fans!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WYFF just reported Greenville has bid on the 2020-24

May 22, 2019, 6:26 PM

tourneys.

Re: ACC BASEBALL TOURNY ATTENDANCE

May 22, 2019, 9:38 PM

I don’t think it has as much to do with geography as it does prices. $18 for a single meaningless college baseball game is just stupid unless you only want small crowds. If it was $5 for adults and $3 for kids they’d sell out and make a whole lot more on concessions.

Re: ACC BASEBALL TOURNY ATTENDANCE

May 23, 2019, 1:05 AM

It could be $4 a ticket and it wouldn't matter. The folks in N.C. for the most part aren't going to support their own college teams, much less other college teams. It's been proven throughout the years.

What also was proven is that when it was in Fort Mill or Greenville, the crowds were better. South Carolina is a college sports state and Greenville is a baseball town. It just makes too much sense to work I guess.

Greenville has the hotels, facilities, restaurants, and walkin business crowd.

It needs to be in Greenville!***

May 23, 2019, 6:13 AM

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic