Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Message to SC fans & Friday night stars Bill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,596

A Message to SC fans & Friday night stars Bill

Feb 15, 2017, 1:48 AM

I'm not one to t even pay attention to this stuff, but this guy just pinched a nerve today. I usually only post on The Clemson football topics, or create one. But this guy has to be pointed out, so you'll see him coming if you listen to the Clemson station throughout the day. I'm on a service truck, so I can only catch pieces. Anyway, I happened to hear this guy call in today.

Listening to the Local Station, WCCP, I've noticed that a new Gamecock caller has frequented the show by calling in. He goes by Bill. All He can talk about is how Clemson is going to lose 4-5 games, and how we bareley made it with Watson last year. Barely made the National Championship and Took the crown? This guy is a representation of His school/community of calling into a Clemson station,-now-He's touting off non-sense, listed below. Really, He's probabaly on a rotation with Gamecock Will, except Gamecock will at least setttle down, this guy woulldn't.

So I thought I would quickly examine what He meant by Clemson only has " Friday night stars " or at least try to..

First off, isn't every 5 star college prospect ranked with " stars" because that is his ranking coming out of High School? Bill - you failed the Basic Football
IQ test of how players are evaluated and what the ranking system even means.

Second, instead of touting off how bad " you think " Clemson football will be this year because of starting new positions, you should be wondering to yourself" can The Gamecocks even win the SEC east this year?" Where is our Friday night Stars?

The truth is Bill, you didn't get many, but they can be coached up- the question is - Can your Coach do it? The answer so far is No. So, now you see the value in Friday night stars, but also world class coaching. So, while Clemson is playing their Friday night Stars, that are turning into Staurday night highlights, and wonder if you're Bently can really lead your team to the next level, or will he pumble under pressure -rendering him incapable of making plays, like that of Clemson's last meeting with you all. If we're being really truthful, Venables has made 3 star players into NFL starters ( and even stat leaders this year ). This year sending 4-6 more with the Nation's Top College QB. Clowney your last one? That's been a long time ago Bill and the rest of Gamecock nation..

Third and finally, instead of trying to " bad mouth " a program - That Just Won the National Championship, why not try to get with your fan base to demand that your team be more competitive- like CLemson. Good programs mirror Great programs. Like it or not, Clemson is great. Where does SC rank right now? Afraid to say you wish we were like Clemson, at least in some aspects? Probably so.
The bottom line is, you have to give credit where credit is due. Clemson is King of The
Mountain now, is the Gamecock football program anywhere near beating the likes of Ohio State, Oklahoma or Alabama? Didn't think so.

So reprectfully, don't call in to our local radio stations, when you won't even beat us this year, and you know it. Our Friday night stars will show you why a culture, a group of coaches, and a program - wins. You can dream, and you should- but you all have along way to go Gamecock Nation, so shut your yappers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its a Fact of Life

Feb 15, 2017, 6:57 AM

Idiots are allowed to call in to talk shows (if they know how to operate a phone)

Callers like that do it out of sexual frustration,

Feb 15, 2017, 7:28 AM

the gamecocks are screwed !

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,596
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic