Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
5 Star 2019 CB Chris Steele has entered the transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 4,049

5 Star 2019 CB Chris Steele has entered the transfer portal

May 9, 2019, 12:49 PM

https://twitter.com/mzenitz/status/1126512104129712133?s=21

Missing home out west or did he realize what Gainesville is all about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That CBS article makes it sound like he's pissed at UF for

May 9, 2019, 12:50 PM

making him room with Jalon Jones, and after what I read today I can understand why. This is as bad and embarrassing for Florida as the Justin Fields thing was for Georgia.

Yup, here's a link to the original story:

http://www.gatorsports.com/2019/05/chris-steele-to-transfer-ufs-top-2019-recruit-leaving-the-program/

"The decision stems from a request Steele made to the staff during his first month on campus, the source said. He asked to be moved to a different dorm because he was uncomfortable rooming with quarterback Jalon Jones, his classmate.

The staff did not plan to move Steele until the summer, which upset Steele and his parents, according to the source.

Then two female students accused Jones of sexual assault in the players’ dorm rooms on April 6. That prompted Steele to seek a transfer."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't blame the kid for not wanting to room with that guy

May 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

This kid sounds like he could be a fit for Clemson. Seems like he has his priorities straight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't blame the kid for not wanting to room with that guy

May 9, 2019, 1:20 PM

same high school as dj?

Yes***

May 9, 2019, 1:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

seems like I heard from Dabo that we dont take from portal***

May 9, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Can't blame the kid for not wanting to room with that guy ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

the portal does not giveth, it only taketh away

May 9, 2019, 1:34 PM

I wonder if we had a prior relationship with this kid. I don't remember us recruiting him.

Holy sh*t.***

May 9, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to That CBS article makes it sound like he's pissed at UF for ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That CBS article makes it sound like he's pissed at UF for

May 9, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to That CBS article makes it sound like he's pissed at UF for ]

One example of the transfer portal being a good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 Star 2019 CB Chris Steele has entered the transfer portal

May 9, 2019, 1:29 PM

Good on him for having the sense to know that QB was a bigtime ### .
Hey Brent .....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

WOW, did UF screw the pooch in this situation

May 9, 2019, 1:54 PM

This story is EXACTLY why Dabo sends out half as many offers each year as everyone else: character matters, and if you don't have what it takes to be a Tiger off the field you sure as heck ain't gonna be one on it. I like to believe that's partly why we didn't offer Jalon Jones.

As for Steele, we didn't recruit him very hard and we're pretty set at the position with Jones and Booth in this class. You never know; BV may want him but I doubt it. Hate it for the kid; real crappy situation and I don't blame him for transferring.

Be grateful we have the staff we do, y'all. You will NEVER hear of situations like this at Clemson.

Re: 5 Star 2019 CB Chris Steele has entered the transfer portal

May 9, 2019, 2:56 PM

Hey, Steele is a 5-star. Why not at least contact him and offer him a totally opposite alternative to what he encountered at UF. The kid sounds very decent, as if he really has his head screwed on right. Sounds as though both sides could really benefit.

Replies: 11
| visibility 4,049
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic