Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
15 TD drives
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

15 TD drives

Sep 18, 2019, 2:55 PM

The Tigers have totaled 15 touchdown drives and have reached third down just seven times on those possessions.

Read that last sentence again. That’s ridiculous.

Furthermore, those scoring drives have consumed 1,044 yards and 81 plays. That's 12.88 yards per play on the touchdown drives.

...Larry Williams

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

fixing ONE stat will solve a lot of problems and calm a lot

Sep 18, 2019, 3:25 PM

of fans.

let me first start by saying i'm not concerned AT ALL about the offense, we will get better and we'll be fine on offense.

The one reason it doesn't "FEEL" like a great offense right now, despite the numbers is the following:

14 of 35.........40% 3rd down conversion, from 2015-2018 we've stayed b/w 45-50%. While they've put up good numbers it "feels" out of rhythm.

again, I'm not concerned at all, but that's the reason the offense has been critiqued by so many. Once we find our offensive rhythm it'll be quite scary for opponents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: fixing ONE stat will solve a lot of problems and calm a lot

Sep 18, 2019, 3:40 PM

Third down success depends GREATLY on what a team does on first and second down. A fact presented by this football dumba$$ for all to enjoy.

yep, i'd be curious to know our average 2nd down distance...

Sep 18, 2019, 3:44 PM

compared to last year.......probably paints similar picture.

I'd imagine the amount of "high risk/high reward" deep balls have contributed to a longer distance on 2nd and 3rd downs..............that, and no Renfrow this year.

Re: fixing ONE stat will solve a lot of problems and calm a lot

Sep 18, 2019, 3:41 PM [ in reply to fixing ONE stat will solve a lot of problems and calm a lot ]

One of the big reason's we are not converting as much 3rd downs is TL is taking more shots down field on those plays. I think is purposely done so far just to get people to forget the underneath stuff right now. There have been many 3rd and less than 3 yards that TL has attempted the homerun play. Not all work. Some have been slightly overthrown and some slightly underthrown. That accounted for a couple of TL's interceptions. It looks like he is fine tuning his are for when the time comes and we need him to hit the deep threats he will hit them with as much certainty as the underneath routes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The return of Amari Rodgers will help that 3rd down

Sep 18, 2019, 4:29 PM [ in reply to fixing ONE stat will solve a lot of problems and calm a lot ]

conversion rate tremendously. He brings back the "Renfrow factor". That is, he seems to be able to get open exactly when necessary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 15 TD drives

Sep 18, 2019, 5:33 PM

Thank you Tim Bourret ????

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic