Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
While we are talking about pizza
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 513

While we are talking about pizza

Oct 9, 2018, 11:56 AM

Papa John's is complete garbarge, every Pizza Hut pizza I ahve had over the past five years tastes like stale cardboard. Honestly, Marcos and Dominos are at the top now.

1. Marcos
2. Dominios
3. Pizza Hut
4. Papa John's
5. Little Sleazers

I just buy from the local Eye-Talon spot

clemsonrulez08® for Marcos

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While we are talking about pizza

Oct 9, 2018, 11:59 AM

1. Jets
2. LC
3. Pizza Hut
4. Dominos
5. Papa John's

However my favorite comes from the Pizza Cutter. Local joint.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot about Jet's. Don't have one close to me, but I

Oct 9, 2018, 12:08 PM

remember it being pretty good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taste

1. Papa John's
2. Marco's
3. Domino's
4. Pizza Hut
5. Little Sleazers

Value:

1. Domino's
2. Papa John's
3. Marco's
4. Pizza Hut
5. Little Sleazers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 12:41 PM

Taste

1. Mellow Mushroom (just take my word for it, MauldinT)
2. Papa John's
3. Marco's
4. Domino's
5. Pizza Hut
6. Little Sleazers

Value/Convenience (for me):

1. Lil' Cease
2. Papa J's
3. Domino's
4. Hutt
5. Mellow M
6. Marco's

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Tossing in price as a factor, I'll

put Lil' C at 3rd on this list.

I'd prefer to avoid any of these places in most pizza wanting cases.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're not getting local pizza...

Oct 9, 2018, 12:01 PM

then it's all about the same, with the only difference being the style. Papa John's is probably the most similar to the NY-style you'd get from a local place. Domino's really kicked it up a notch when they came out with their upgraded pizza a few years ago. Pizza Hut is for people who like a little thicker crust. But it's all fine because it's pizza, and it's kinda weird to me that people feel like they have to declare that they hate one or the other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 12:01 PM

Tony’s in Greenville is best

http://tonysnewyorkpizzeria.com

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Todaro's

Oct 9, 2018, 12:02 PM

/thread

All other pizza just sucks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ineligible doesn't like almost everything, I think***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its pretty simple, really.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:23 PM

Ever had to work late and the company buys dinner? What do they ALWAYS buy? At this point if it were filet mignon I'd hate filet.

I've worked enough late nights and weekends in my life and been force fed enough pizza to never want to eat it again. It all tastes like crap. That said, If you have to eat it, at least eat some that tastes good.

The only pizza that's edible is Todaro's.

Only problem I have with Marcos is the edge crust

Oct 9, 2018, 12:02 PM

is so large, there is little room for the good stuff, sauce and cheese....

You pay for mostly dough.

Step 1:

Oct 9, 2018, 12:06 PM

get multiple garlic butter sauces

Step 2: dip crusts in garlic butter sauce

Step 3: ejaculate in pantaloons

Step 4: ????

Step 5: profit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Extreme pizza***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who has extreme pizza?

Oct 9, 2018, 12:06 PM

Had a few of their pies before moving from Richmond.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Extreme pizza*** ]

Good toppings, but the crust tasted frozen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Oct 9, 2018, 12:05 PM

1 - Papa Murphy's is pretty good.

2 - That White Cheesy from Marco's is where its at!

3 - I'll admit the twice-a-year drive thru the Little Caesars

4 - Domino's thin crust.

5 - The rest.

Not a big pizza guy. Especially tomato sauces. Tears my stomach up!

Papa John's was my go-to 10 years ago. Loved that ####.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:05 PM

It's just not very good now. Think I got it once in the past 5 years when it was half off because of a Clemson win or something, and it was so very meh. Marco's is the closest to me, and is likely better than everything else on the list, but I don't really know since I have no reason to try the others these days. I remember Domino's being edible when somebody else ordered it. Pizza Hut? Lulz. Little Caesers? gtfo.

Local joint called Vinny's makes pretty incredible pies and calzones, for the occasions when I feel like driving further, waiting longer, and paying twice as much. Sometimes, all of those things add up and it's worth it.

Did you stop bc papa john is a racist?***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, mostly because it's not good anymore.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:15 PM

Either the pizza is different, or my tastebuds are different. Their pepperoncinis dipped in garlic butter are still one of my alltime favorite bites of anything on the planet, but that's not enough for me to buy the rest of the package.

I doubt it changed much

Oct 9, 2018, 12:23 PM

But we've all gotten used to local places and now think the big chains aren't as good.

Domino's is the top shotta to me

Oct 9, 2018, 12:07 PM

I'm convinced the Pizza Hut in Clemson is some sort of front, no way they have enough revenue to stay open otherwise. I don't like Marcos, but that's more of a personal preference.

I always thought Papa John's put too much sauce. Now, a Pizza Hut personal pan pizza is some good shid. The bigger ones not so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes me miss the Fernow St. Cafe.***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, apparently that's all gone now

Oct 9, 2018, 12:12 PM

Honestly, those personal pan pizzas were the only reason I ever went to a chemistry lab. I knew I could at least get stoned and go snag a pizza before hand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You actually got pizza from that place?

Oct 9, 2018, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Makes me miss the Fernow St. Cafe.*** ]

I will almost never complain about pizza, but the worst pizza has to be the personal ones you get from those kind of food courts where it's just been sitting under a heat lamp in the box for a while.

OMG CAM, USUALLY THEY WERE FRESH OUT THE OVEN

Oct 9, 2018, 12:14 PM

Might have to wait a minute or two, but they were always in high demand so they didn't sit around very long.

Kinda like the people at the mall food court...

Oct 9, 2018, 12:17 PM

who get into a 20 person long line at the McDonalds because it's what they've heard of.

Who gets anything other than chicken teriyaki at the food

Oct 9, 2018, 12:26 PM

court?

Mall chinese will flat out murder a hangover***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:55 PM

In the late 2000's, there was literally no where else you

Oct 9, 2018, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Kinda like the people at the mall food court... ]

could go to get a pizza on demand like that. This was pre Little Caesar's hot and ready as well as QT. I won't entertain gas station pizza as an option.

Guess I've never though of pizza as an on-demand item***

Oct 9, 2018, 3:56 PM

Very often from 2000 to 2003.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to You actually got pizza from that place? ]

Sometimes only bread sticks though.

especially when they were renovating one of the real dining

Oct 9, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Makes me miss the Fernow St. Cafe.*** ]

halls and that counted as a dining hall on your meal plan.

all my classes in sirrine and that place right out front.

man i wanna be 19 again could play devil's triangle while joining the ralph club and hanging with Squee

The absolute greatest pizza in the entire history of

Oct 9, 2018, 12:13 PM

recorded human existence was Luigi's in Rock Hill. No other pizza before, or since has ever come close. sadly, Luigi's closed in the late 80s because the owner had health issues and nobody in the family wanted to take it over, but that does not mitigate the fact that all pizza even today is inferior to even the memory of Luigi's. I'm guessing that the only other people in the Jounge that have shared the gloriously holy experience of eating Luigi's pizza are bengaline and NoIntroduction®. The rest of you are arguing over laughable substitutes.

There is currently a place in Rock Hill called Luigi's that has decent enough pizza and Italian food, but do not make the mistake of ever thinking it's any relation to the original, because it's not.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never had Todaro's after tailgating all day, huh?***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:25 PM

I understand the thread centers around laughable substitutes***

Oct 9, 2018, 1:48 PM

Empire went away from the salty crust for a while

Oct 9, 2018, 1:21 PM [ in reply to The absolute greatest pizza in the entire history of ]

and the pizza sucked. They have since gone back, IIRC.

$9 for a pepperoni Stromboli is the fucking tits

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 1:49 PM

Yes, we ate at Luigis in RH frequently

Oct 9, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to The absolute greatest pizza in the entire history of ]

while in HS. Had Key Club meetings there, too!

RH Tig

LaBrasca's in Columbia. BEST EVAR. Bar Nun.***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to The absolute greatest pizza in the entire history of ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 4:23 PM

yes, ate there many times. Right at the end of our street.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to The absolute greatest pizza in the entire history of ]

It was no everyday pie, it had that genuine eye tali-ona essence to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe's NY pizza or GTFO

Oct 9, 2018, 12:26 PM

Unless you happen to be at Rick's

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

srsly?***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:32 PM

Yes.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:33 PM

Mebbe throw in Todaro's

We used to go to Joe's in PS quite a bit.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:39 PM

It was good because we'd ride the golf cart there, and they all knew us. But the food was mediocre at best. But they gave us a discount, so that was good.

I gave up on going to Rick's at all, eventually. After I bit into a wing at the bar that was literally raw, I stopped eating there. After they asked me to take my Clemson ball cap off to go into the bar, I think I quit going completely. Add to that the bartenders attitudes, and it was like eating at Hyman's but the food was worse. I did see Dabo up there one night though.

I always found the food at Joe's pretty good.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:43 PM

Especially the lasagana and the garlic knots. Never got the discount. Interestingly, the PS restaurant is for sale at a cool $1.3M price tag.

Surprised at you comments on Rick's... always had good service and Rick would come by to ask how everything was.

Ricks can't hold Calhoun Corners jock.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:49 PM

I don't even know if they still sever apps in the bar--they may have stopped. That's the only place I ever remember biting into a raw wing, and I've eaten in some admittedly terrible places.

If we ever move back, I doubt I'd go back there. I only ate in the restaurant twice, and didn't think that was that great either.

I'm pretty sure Patrick Square is going to turn into their

Oct 9, 2018, 12:54 PM

own little old people colony eventually, where nobody ever really leaves. They move in, and just golf cart around everywhere until they die. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I rode by yesterday and there's some big community building looking thing being built.

I really miss my house up there.

Oct 9, 2018, 12:58 PM

But the folks who bought it probably fit in better in the hood. My wife is still on the PS Facebook page and was literally laughing this morning at all the rules they have now. It must have been the wild west when were there 2 years ago. Had we stayed, we probably would have had to move; My functional alcoholism doesn't work well with community rules.

If y'all ever move back, you should come to our new hood

Oct 9, 2018, 1:01 PM

Functional alcoholism is not only welcomed, but embraced. First time we went to look, the neighbors were sitting in lawn chairs in the driveway drinking beer. We knew we were home then.

What? You moved, bought, sold, other?

Oct 9, 2018, 1:02 PM

Will I still drive past you while you are drinking beer and cutting grass in June?

I hope to Perry Noble I'm long gone by June

Oct 9, 2018, 1:08 PM

You can still catch me cutting grass and drinking beer for the next few weeks though. House is for sale right now, we've just got a contingency contract on the other one. Although it never went on the market or anything, so we don't have to worry about other offers coming in on the new house.

Just gotta sell this one, so come on down and get yourself a fine property with unlimited rental potential!

Pretty low on cash right now, but I can offer you the rights

Oct 9, 2018, 1:10 PM

to any gold fold on my property for your place.

Send me a t-mail

Oct 9, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to If y'all ever move back, you should come to our new hood ]

Would like to know more

tmail sent***

Oct 9, 2018, 1:25 PM

It's good, not great. It should be great for what it cost***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Joe's NY pizza or GTFO ]

Re: Chanelo’s - did anyone else mention?

Oct 9, 2018, 12:38 PM

The best!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

654-6990

Oct 9, 2018, 12:45 PM

I remember that because the phone in Lever 2D5 was 656-6990. They got calls all the time for Chanello's.

Eventually they just took the order and said it would be there in 30 minutes or less.

Chanelo's Party size.......

Oct 9, 2018, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Chanelo’s - did anyone else mention? ]

they must have had huge ovens there because those pizzas were massive. Never seen any other pizza that size since.

It was a challenge to even pick up a slice it was so freaking big.

^^^this^^^***

Oct 9, 2018, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Chanelo’s - did anyone else mention? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marco's is definitely a cut above the rest of the

Oct 9, 2018, 12:43 PM

big chains. I would put Pappa John's a clear 2nd, but I honestly haven't had any of those besides Marco's in several years, so things could have changed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Marco is #1 then...

Oct 9, 2018, 12:46 PM

you can't tolerate the others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anything's better than those Blaze, Mod, $10 Quesadilla

Oct 9, 2018, 12:46 PM

pizza places.

Gotta put Costco in there somewearz***

Oct 9, 2018, 12:57 PM

Sbarro***

Oct 9, 2018, 1:15 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think the mall thread was yesterday***

Oct 9, 2018, 1:16 PM

It's an authentic New York slice.***

Oct 9, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Sbarro*** ]

Interesting all of the Marco's lovers...

Oct 9, 2018, 1:23 PM

Never been a fan.

Now don't get me wrong, I'll never turn down a pizza. But I'd take Papa John's over Marcos.

Had Marco's once, meh. Might try again. I prefer Dominos

Oct 9, 2018, 1:33 PM

to Papa Johns. Haven't had Pizza Hut or Lil' Caesars in years.

All the local Marcos closed.

Oct 9, 2018, 2:16 PM

Considering opening a chain.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Solid idea. Don't count out a Ryan's franchise either

Oct 9, 2018, 2:22 PM

Buy low, sell high.

Replies: 71
| visibility 513
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic