Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ Uiagalelei commit date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

DJ Uiagalelei commit date

Apr 9, 2019, 1:42 PM

I saw where he told Rivals May 5th, and I texted him to confirm. He said "Most likely but not 100 percent yet." I will keep you updated when they make a decision on this. Might have to fly to Cali.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is his Oregon Official?***

Apr 9, 2019, 1:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When is his Oregon Official?***

Apr 9, 2019, 1:47 PM

April 20

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4/20, nice...

Apr 9, 2019, 5:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4/20, nice...

Apr 9, 2019, 9:55 PM

What the h3ll does that mean

Apr 9, 2019, 1:47 PM [ in reply to When is his Oregon Official?*** ]

I rarely say this, but he’s a Clemson lock ??

Apr 9, 2019, 2:11 PM

I know this kind of thing has been kicked around already, and not just once, but how amazing will it be if we get this guy after Lawrence and Watson? That is just crazy talent and a crazy stream of talent. Dabo and company continues to amaze. Thats like almost as good as SEC talent, right?

yeah, well toss in Brice, H Johnson, Taison into that....

Apr 9, 2019, 2:40 PM

definitely recruiting that position well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to continue to recruit QBs with an eye toward

Apr 9, 2019, 9:53 PM

... signing several very good to great ones every couple of years and then let them sort themselves out through competition.

As long as we can get a DW4, or a TL16, or a (fingers crossed) a DJU and still keep a Chase Brice happy, we are going to be consistently sucessful.

I see a trend in the works!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah, well toss in Brice, H Johnson, Taison into that....

Apr 9, 2019, 10:21 PM [ in reply to yeah, well toss in Brice, H Johnson, Taison into that.... ]

Yes - I say we are already QBU - although some say we need to wait until after DJU commits -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 9, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: When is his Oregon Official?*** ]

I'm scared to ask but did you think Zion was a lock?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 9:56 PM

To the coots ?

Re: DJ Uiagalelei commit date

Apr 9, 2019, 1:59 PM

Dang my senile eyes... I read this as commit Dance. Though not expecting that, I sure was disappointed. However a goal date is good.

Maybe something like this

Apr 9, 2019, 2:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My hope is that his parents have told him he promised

Apr 9, 2019, 2:29 PM

Oregon a visit and needs to honor that, even though he knows he's coming here. My fear is that Mom loves Clemson but does not feel comfortable with him all the way across the US.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

No need to worry, 21CU already claimed he's a Clemson lock

Apr 9, 2019, 2:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well hell, I can quit downing antacid and go back to sleep***

Apr 9, 2019, 2:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was going to suggest you do something different.

Apr 9, 2019, 2:53 PM

Similar, but different.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: No need to worry, 21CU already claimed he's a Clemson lock

Apr 9, 2019, 3:19 PM [ in reply to No need to worry, 21CU already claimed he's a Clemson lock ]

Had no clue on Zion.........

Unfortunately I do some sports broadcasting so there’s that whole “broadcasters jinx”

The good news is a friend of mine named ‘Carnac’ opened an envelope that had been hermetically sealed and it had the good guys getting the verbal!

Being on the West Coast makes Oregon seem close, but

Apr 9, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to My hope is that his parents have told him he promised ]

In reality, it’s about a 14 hour drive from from LA.

Plane ride to Oregon is somewhere around 2.5 to 3 hours.

And honestly, if you’re having to get on a plane to get somewhere, what’s another couple of hours if you get to go to school where you’re most comfortable?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, I think he's just honoring the commitment to visit.***

Apr 9, 2019, 2:52 PM

Re: I agree, I think he's just honoring the commitment to visit.***

Apr 9, 2019, 4:42 PM

He made the statement that his mom would be "upset" if he didn't go to Clemson.

Re: My hope is that his parents have told him he promised

Apr 9, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to My hope is that his parents have told him he promised ]

spot on, that's my thought as well. It would fit well with the kind of student athlete Dabo recruits, a player that honors his word.

No way he's gonna announce on Mom's b-day and not

Apr 9, 2019, 2:56 PM

go with the choice that makes her happiest, is there? Better make sure she's #ALLIN

Fake news?

Apr 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/DJ-says-May-5th-commitment-is-fake-news-1897083

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Fake news?

Apr 9, 2019, 4:16 PM

I hope this kid's not a head case. This "fake news" tweet coming behind his text with David Hood and after his father's reaction to him signing autographs at the Spring Game is not a good look.

I can understand these kids liking attention, but some of the modern day recruiting action is suggestive of "all about me" and not in the framework of what I understand teamwork to be.

Don't jump to too many conclusions

Apr 9, 2019, 4:19 PM

DJ is a good kid. I'm not sure what is going on.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Don't jump to too many conclusions

Apr 9, 2019, 4:23 PM

Don't plan to jump to any conclusions, but I do intend to keep an open mind - which is why I noticed what may be an outlier in his behavior - which may or may not be interesting to others. Sooner or later a preponderance of evidence will clarify the situation for me and my opinion, but until then, the evidence will remain on the table and open for examination.

Re: Don't jump to too many conclusions

Apr 9, 2019, 4:34 PM

Totally blew this out of proportion. Someone said he was going to

Apr 9, 2019, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't jump to too many conclusions ]

Announce on May 5. David called or texted and asked. He said I may but not necessarily. He didn’t do anything. Maybe he just doesn’t want to commit to the 5th to keep his options open. Or maybe he wanted it to be a surprise. He’s done absolutely nothing wrong. This was created by other people not himself. DJ has 0 fault here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with all the hype ramping up May 5th as the date

Apr 9, 2019, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Fake news? ]

but DJ wanting to control the narrative and actually make any of his own announcements himself is no different than you not wanting someone else to report a decision of yours before you report it yourself. That doesn't make him a head case, nor would it make him a head case if he wants to punk all of the adults waiting and hanging on his every word and action. It is fake news when it gets reported and repeated as fact when he did not confirm it... and by the way, he has no obligation to deny nor confirm anything about himself or any decision he wants to make.

even if he is a headcase, if Dabo wants to take his signature on an LOI, he will no matter what anyone thinks about DJ being a head case... being 18 and flippant is not evidence of being a headcase... I actually liked the fact that he flipped off anyone who took the misinformed "report" and ran with it rather than reaching out to him to get confirmation, which I commend @davidhood® for doing rather than just regurgitating a "report"...

LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: with all the hype ramping up May 5th as the date

Apr 9, 2019, 6:21 PM

Rivals reported that his announcement date was revealed to them by him - not a rumor. Next, David Hood called him and the answer was a shaded admittance that what he had told Rivals was true..... but he was backing off of it as factual. Now he posts "Fake news". Hardly. and certainly not what you described as a "Misinformed report".

So, I agree withe the last part of your post........ "LOL".

Re: DJ Uiagalelei commit date

Apr 9, 2019, 7:51 PM

You you go to CA don’t waste your time trying to see Stanford stadium. That witch is still there

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic