Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sooo disappointed in Nuke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 128
| visibility 1

Sooo disappointed in Nuke

Oct 27, 2017, 7:54 PM

disgracing Clemson and himself. The man was not calling the players inmates, but pointing out the employees trying to run the show.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yaaawn..he called 'em inmates.

Oct 27, 2017, 7:57 PM

it was a really stupid comment..can't take the heat, keep your mouth shut.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

So he called himself a jail keeper then?

Oct 27, 2017, 7:59 PM

Yawn right back at ya. That metaphor has been around for years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half

Oct 27, 2017, 8:02 PM

of the 1600 NFL players are felons. I guess it hit too close to home.

Ouch***

Oct 27, 2017, 8:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half

Oct 27, 2017, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half ]

Show and prove

I'm not sure why people believe such nonsense

Oct 27, 2017, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half ]

And then don't even bother to check their sources before repeating it. You really believe that 800 out of 1600 NFL players are felons just because you saw it on Facebook? The number is around 50 out of 1600. You were off by 750, but don't worry about facts as long as it fits the agenda.

"As we’ve reported, based on our data, the NFL has a lower arrest rate than the general population."

https://www.snopes.com/are-there-871-convicted-felons-currently-playing-for-the-nfl/

Is this a rhetorical question?***

Oct 27, 2017, 8:25 PM

So what percent have been convicted of a crime?***

Oct 27, 2017, 9:30 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why people believe such nonsense ]

Re: So what percent have been convicted of a crime?***

Oct 27, 2017, 9:34 PM

50/1600 = 3.125%

Long story short, Spud is an idiot*****

Oct 28, 2017, 7:27 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure why people believe such nonsense ]

Re: Long story short, Spud is an idiot*****

Oct 28, 2017, 11:51 AM

be nice. he just got his stats from a facebook meme. When will people learn.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spud is a cool dude. Let's cut the infighting BS please***

Oct 28, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Long story short, Spud is an idiot***** ]

Fair enough, probably a great person, but that was bad.******

Oct 28, 2017, 9:27 PM

Oct 27, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half ]

Really?

And you believed that stat?

Are you a Clemson graduate?

Think as you say that out loud: half of the NFLs 1600 are felons. We were out
Half.

Come on man.

Fake news. That is not remotely close to fact moron.*****

Oct 28, 2017, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half ]

Oct 28, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half ]

Care to back up that stat with some data?

Holy cow! Are you serious?

Oct 28, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Yep. But , I saw a stat the other day that said about half ]

Nuk, buddy, if you're out there, get a darn clue.

Sorry, I was duped.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:55 AM

My bad.

Re: Holy cow! Are you serious?

Oct 28, 2017, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Holy cow! Are you serious? ]

It’s because these PC crybabies are offended at anything a person says, especially if it is a white person. That analogy has been around for decades. These fools may have the upper hand today but that is their employer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I think the old saying is

Oct 27, 2017, 9:37 PM [ in reply to So he called himself a jail keeper then? ]

Inmates running the asylum.....

But why everyone is in a tizzy I’ll never get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

that's an IQ problem you have then***

Oct 28, 2017, 1:43 AM

What's your IQ?***

Oct 28, 2017, 9:06 AM

it's lower than his pulse but higher than his age***

Oct 28, 2017, 1:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the old saying is

Oct 28, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to I think the old saying is ]

If McNair had gone to Clemson he would have gotten the saying right and we'd be talking about who the Texans play this week! What a maroon!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you don't call people protesting police brutality inmates...

Oct 28, 2017, 1:42 AM [ in reply to So he called himself a jail keeper then? ]

Doesn't take that high of IQ to know that's an extremely moronic phrase to use in the context of what's going on. A successful businessman should have the foresight of what the proper language to use in dealing with a sensitive situation.

Re: so you don't call people protesting police brutality inmates...

Oct 28, 2017, 8:14 AM

Yes - he should have said "Your ### will be fired if you don't respect our country. Otherwise get your sorry ### out of it". That would have been more appropriate. He should not patronize these whiny babies that think they are gods.

And tk79 continues to be the biggest racist on t-net, and it shows in every post.

What police brutality?

Oct 28, 2017, 8:57 AM [ in reply to so you don't call people protesting police brutality inmates... ]

How about people respect the rule of law and law enforcement?

If I hear the word "oppressed" again

Oct 28, 2017, 1:47 PM

I'm gonna take a dump.

No one is opressed, especially those who are making a gazillion dollars a game for doing something that not many people are able to do.

No one is opressed. Work hard and you will be rewarded regardless of skin color or whatever.

I get Hopkins reaction to a point. That said, I don't think

Oct 27, 2017, 8:59 PM [ in reply to yaaawn..he called 'em inmates. ]

McNair meant it to be racial slur. I'm 58 years old and I have heard the saying "inmates running the asylum" my entire life. It was used for anything that depicted a situation where employees or any group were controlling management in some way. Whether it be union strikes in the northeast, children out of control in a classroom, anywhere where the employees, or any group of people, young or old, regardless of race or creed, are attempting to control those who typically are in control of them.

Of course - no apology needed; but in today's PC world of

Oct 27, 2017, 9:32 PM

entitled snowflakes where everything is automatically twisted into a slight or an insult, this kind of horseshite is to be expected. Anybody with brain activity knows this was not an insult, but a benign descriptive term as you have described. Had he said "the tail is wagging the dog", would these idiots have taken offense because they thought he was calling them tails? Probably.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^^^^ smartest guy on Tnet besides FM. Wait.....

Oct 27, 2017, 11:34 PM

What? Seriously, he is correct

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FM is funny. Smart, eh, but funny yes.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:45 AM

Harley is the smartest, wisest man to ever post here.

Tigerthom is also smart, but more in a philosophical kind of way.

My dad used to tell me "get over it"

Oct 28, 2017, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Of course - no apology needed; but in today's PC world of ]

But the fact I have a dad is white privilege.

Re: My dad used to tell me "get over it"

Oct 28, 2017, 1:27 PM

I'm black and have a dad so what exactly are you trying to say?

he stated prison, not asylum***

Oct 28, 2017, 1:44 AM [ in reply to I get Hopkins reaction to a point. That said, I don't think ]

Come on - it makes no difference. He is not literally

Oct 28, 2017, 7:20 AM

saying or even implying that the players are inmates. He is using a very common idiom to illustrate that the wrong people are steering the ship. And I don't mean they are literally on a ship, just in case some nimrod doesn't understand that either. Also, people are free to disagree with his point, but it is absurd to childishly or ignorantly choose to be insulted by it because one takes it literally.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sarcasm, metaphors, analogies and similes are

Oct 28, 2017, 9:08 AM

dangerous in 2017.

Oh TigerKing...

Oct 28, 2017, 9:04 AM [ in reply to he stated prison, not asylum*** ]

I remember when I was a young lad and my youth group made care packages for DJJ and delivered them. I was shocked at the dominating percentages. It was pretty much all male.

I'm thankful my white privilege gave me such an experience. It reminded me to not break the law.

Look at the racial breakdown of incarcerated individuals.

Oct 28, 2017, 8:59 AM [ in reply to I get Hopkins reaction to a point. That said, I don't think ]

No wonder people got offended. Looks like certain groups of people should stop breaking the law.

Makes sense now.

What?

People that made it the NFL are generally pretty disciplined.

That has nothing to do with what's being implied here.

Oct 28, 2017, 9:10 AM

Its a race thing. People are making a big deal out of nothing.

Sorry, maybe I am missing your point.

Oct 28, 2017, 9:36 AM

What are you attempting to convey?

Re: I get Hopkins reaction to a point. That said, I don't think

Oct 28, 2017, 5:34 PM [ in reply to I get Hopkins reaction to a point. That said, I don't think ]

And you know what McNair meant?

i say the same to the cry baby

Oct 28, 2017, 11:06 AM [ in reply to yaaawn..he called 'em inmates. ]

millionaire football players that want to play protest activist these days more so than play the game they get paid to play

Shut up and play ball

Oct 27, 2017, 8:08 PM

I guess he should shut and play ball, right? After all, him being a millionaire means he should not be offended.

Re: Shut up and play ball

Oct 28, 2017, 5:38 PM

He sounds like a spoiled, entitled, easily offended pu$$y

Big Picture

Oct 27, 2017, 8:15 PM

https://www.battleredblog.com/2017/10/27/16561140/bob-mcnair-compares-nfl-players-to-inmates-deandre-hopkins-takes-personal-day-everyone-speculates

Although it seems like an innocent mistake, there is precedence for those in charge treating players less than human. It's definitely a paradox since these men I'm making so much money. But you should never compromise your manhood. Some people will allow themselves to be chastised and belittled 4 sake of a paycheck, some won't. Which one are you?

Re: Big Picture

Oct 27, 2017, 8:29 PM

I am having a hard time understanding your post. The man's comment was the employees were trying to run the show. The players are making million as are the owners. All of us are employed by some body at the leisure of the employers. Without the employers there would be no league and therefore no employees. Nuke's actions and comments are that of an immature employee. Maybe he should try to get a job in the private sector. I love Nuke and wish him the best, but he needs to grow up.

Oct 28, 2017, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Big Picture ]

White Tiger sounds like he has never worked for any company in his life. If he had, then there would have been numerous times that management said or did things that offended him. If an employee walks out of a company, then he needs to be looking for work immediately, because his butt would be fired on the spot. These whiny babies need a dose of reality shoved up their butts.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:14 AM

The reason you would be fired is that you aren’t valuable enough to your company. Nuk is too valuable to be fired. You aren’t. That’s the difference.

I'm sure his words hurt you deeply if you're so disappointed.

Oct 27, 2017, 8:20 PM

Somehow Im getting by with the feeling his words have no reflection on my Clemson degree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Sooo disappointed in Nuke

Oct 27, 2017, 8:35 PM

How in the world is he disgracing himself or Clemson? He's upset about the owner of the team saying something foolish. Everyone knows the saying "letting the inmates run the asylum", but in this context it was very tone-deaf. The entire protest is about the justice system and their belief that it's unfair to African Americans, which comprise ~70% of the league. Not only was it tone-deaf, but it sends the message that they deserve no voice, their opinion doesn't matter, and to just do as they're told. It's a very crappy message to send to the players, who are already getting fleeced by the owners when it comes to salaries & contracts.

I'd say the "just shut up and play football" posts are more disgraceful to Clemson, because it reads like Clemson people don't value these athletes as humans. Disagreeing with someone's opinion is totally fine. You can respect a person and have a totally different outlook on life, values, etc. Trying to shut down the right to voice an opinion is far more disgraceful than any of these guys taking a knee for the national anthem.

tac9wr

Oct 27, 2017, 9:33 PM

Thank you. Very, very well said.

Oct 27, 2017, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Sooo disappointed in Nuke ]

Agree.
There sure seems to be a lot of snowflakes on here getting their panties in a wad because a player sat out of a practice. Let Nuk and the owner work it out - I'm sure they will.

Oct 28, 2017, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Sooo disappointed in Nuke ]

They are getting fleeced. How so?

Oct 28, 2017, 2:35 PM

It's more of a personal opinion, but the NFL contract structure benefits the owners far more than any other league. It's the most dangerous league, yet the players get far & away the least number of guarantees when it comes to contracts.

Oct 28, 2017, 5:42 PM

Do the players know that coming in? If the are getting fleeced they should have gotten a degree in something where they could be management

The reason this entire situation has blown up

Oct 27, 2017, 8:40 PM

is because the owners, the bosses, have allowed the players, their employees, to take these stances for over a year. The owners have tried to play both sides of the debate and now find themselves losing boat loads of money, along with damaging what was once one of the more powerful brands in business. If it were to be stated correctly, what should have been stated is this: "We've allowed the inmates to run the prison for over a year now and we don't know how to stop it."

Every person has a right to voice their opinion on anything, but not on the job. Playing football is a job. If you or I took our political speech on the job every time we showed up we'd be reprimanded and told to stop. And the boss has a right to do that. If we didn't stop we'd get canned with cause.

As an employee you aren't representing yourself, but the company. Heck people have been fired for voicing opinion off the job on social media lately. When you work for someone, you answer to them, unless they are asking you to do something illegal or immoral

Re: The reason this entire situation has blown up

Oct 27, 2017, 9:11 PM

I think the time has come for us to stop the "well if a normal person did this at their job, they'd be fired!" comparisons. These aren't normal people. They are the 1700 best football players in the entire world. The average salary of these "employees" is $1.9 million per year. Not only are they elite "employees", the industry is unlike any other. There are no services provided, nor product produced by them. It's the only industry I can think of where the product is the "employee" themselves.

The owners also enjoy a monopoly. The NFL prints money and, despite all the recent bad publicity, there's no sign of any serious slow-down anytime soon.

In no way is the NFL a normal industry, and therefore we can't apply the same rules to the players that we would for a normal guy who works in a cubicle somewhere.

And yet other professional sports leagues

Oct 27, 2017, 9:30 PM

aren't in this situation because the employers have mandated that the employees don't do this. So, you're argument doesn't really hold water.

Re: And yet other professional sports leagues

Oct 27, 2017, 9:44 PM

What do you mean? The NBA has had tons of protests. They were doing this long before the NFL was...you just weren't hearing about it.

The difference is the demographics of the fanbases. The NFL is essentially all-encompassing, whereas the NBA is much more urban and, oftentimes, left-leaning. They also didn't have the president calling out the league for such protests.

Speaking specifically of the anthem

Oct 27, 2017, 9:55 PM

which is the issue with the NFL protest. NBA addressed this, demos of fan base have nothing to do with it. NBA players stand for the anthem or are punished in some form. NFL players, nothing, and we see the results. One employer had a backbone, the other didn't

Re: Speaking specifically of the anthem

Oct 28, 2017, 2:25 PM

Ah ok, understood. Yes, the NBA did a very good job nipping the anthem issue in the bud, and I do agree that the NFL has totally mis-managed this, though of course outside political grandstanding (on both sides) does not help. The league didn't show a unified front on the subject...having some owners say they're furious about the protests, and having others participating in the protest with the players certainly highlighted this.

I personally don't agree with the protests, though I have no problem with the act of protesting. The only thing that gets me angry about this situation is that it's become such a huge distraction. The players & owners have completely screwed this up, and I hate that it's actually a subject that has legitimately started to take away from the game.

It's a game, no more. They're not special persons immune

Oct 27, 2017, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The reason this entire situation has blown up ]

to the rules of society because they can run, throw, catch.

Really, that's silliness, the entitlement, which people bristle against and why some renown folks have suggested players find themselves on the wrong side of the law.

The pedestal IS the problem. It's been afforded them since middle/high school in many cases and then they are thrust into difficult situations they've never been asked or even taught to handle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a game, no more. They're not special persons immune

Oct 27, 2017, 9:47 PM

I agree it's a game...that's why I was saying we need to stop saying "well Bill the accountant would be fired for doing this". It's a totally different ballgame.

Not sure what you mean when you say "and why some renown folks have suggested players find themselves on the wrong side of the law"...it was shown that the NFL felon rate is very low: 3.125% of the NFL are convicted felons vs 8.6% of the general adult population in the USA.

No, it's not, they have a Union, they're employees, no more.

Oct 27, 2017, 9:55 PM

The entitlement = never being held accountable and the NFL has been cleaning up their back yard because their customer base grew weary of "Ray Rice beating his girlfriend" and getting away with it.

It was a long time coming, long over-due. Now their employees are creating another stir, which their customer base is bristling against and the owners are beginning to manage. It'll get cleaned up and then who knows that which will be next, but everything's public now and susceptible to the mob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a game, no more. They're not special persons immune

Oct 28, 2017, 12:38 AM [ in reply to It's a game, no more. They're not special persons immune ]

Well stated dsp

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Well yeah, the pedestal

Oct 28, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to It's a game, no more. They're not special persons immune ]

but mostly the moronic actions.

Is it really true that half are felons? Can't be true.

Re: Well yeah, the pedestal

Oct 28, 2017, 2:31 PM

No, that's completely false. It was shown above that ~50 players in the league are convicted felons, which puts the rate at 3.125%. In the general population, 8.6% of adults are convicted felons, so the NFL population hass 60% LOWER felon rate than general population.

This is false.

Oct 28, 2017, 4:33 PM

Na

Strippers?***

Oct 27, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The reason this entire situation has blown up ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

It's considered rude to not provide pictures...

Oct 27, 2017, 10:25 PM

No dudes unless the ladies or Francis Marion® asks.

Re: The reason this entire situation has blown up

Oct 28, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: The reason this entire situation has blown up ]

" These aren't normal people."

So - your statement immediately implies to me that these are racist, anti-American, Black Supremacists that must be treated like gods and can do no wrong???? They are better than the rest of the population??? Really???? Dude - you are one #### of a racist IMO. You need a reality check.

Nuk was wrong, and should be disciplined for his actions detrimental to the team. Oh - did I say "TEAM"?

There were only a handful of players still sitting until

Oct 27, 2017, 9:20 PM [ in reply to The reason this entire situation has blown up ]

Trump called those NFL players SOB's. Well, that created a situation where the teammates and coaches across the NFL felt compelled to show unity and the result was entire teams protesting together. If you have ever been a member of a team, you know what that means. Again, after Trump's comment, it wasn't about race, it was about supporting their teammates after being called SOB's by the POTUS.

Re: There were only a handful of players still sitting until

Oct 27, 2017, 9:26 PM

sometimes the truth just stings...

Go Tigers!!!

Re: There were only a handful of players still sitting until

Oct 27, 2017, 9:27 PM [ in reply to There were only a handful of players still sitting until ]

That too. I totally forgot about Trump's comments. I didn't agree with the protest before, but was totally for the way the players came together after that. Trump hates the NFL due to the failed USFL & his failed bid for the Bills, but he was able to successfully trick his followers into thinking him talking down about the league was due to patriotism.

And yet the NBA doesn't have this issue

Oct 27, 2017, 9:33 PM [ in reply to There were only a handful of players still sitting until ]

because they've had the backbone to say don't do it. The NFL has been squishy on this for a year and they are reaping what they have sown.

If it's truly about team, you don't bring personal agendas to that space. That's what happened here

Why do you want to surrender your rights and dignity?

Oct 27, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to The reason this entire situation has blown up ]

Seriously - you guys that LOVE that your employer has all the power and you have none - where does that come from? I was CEO of a couple of companies so I'm not some union janitor.

Racism is a reality and calling the players 'the inmates' was insulting. Screw the owners - they get EVERYTHING. The #### cities even pay for their factories ... stadiums. They have nothing without the players - players who sacrifice their bodies and their future for a performance that could earn them millions. Do they deserve no respect?

The players can complain, they can kneel, they can do whatever they want! You too - watch or don't; complain or cheer them on. Your choice.

So as a CEO you allowed your employees

Oct 27, 2017, 9:43 PM

to do whatever they wanted in front of your customers?

Probably not and the NFL ownership is no different than any

Oct 28, 2017, 11:57 AM

other company in looking for the best possible situation for their business.

Any township, city, municipality, county, state, country et al government worth its salt has a Department of Economic Growth[and Tourism] whose stated mission is to attract business funded ultimately through citizens/fees/taxes or various cuts, guaranteed loans, interest free/supplements/subsidies or other, which are made up elsewhere. Close to home Charlotte bent over to keep the Panthers for 15ish years, why I'm not sure, because the real economic impact is slight or overblown compared 2,000 new full-time jobs that come with a move by Remington to Huntsville for example.

At least one prominent poster here worked directly for a "marriage" company of sorts, independent operator, whose purpose was to bring potential business/company and new home together.

The NFL having factories built is no different than Figgie International using Willoughby, Cleveland, Richmond to better their stead. Harry fleeced Cleveland after moving again in '89 back to that area to the point that lawsuits were brought, the Mayor calling it, "one of the greatest swindles in Cleveland history" and that's saying a lot.

We can make it political by looking to Philip Morris dumping Manhattan or Remington dumping NY State, or American Business outsourcing to cheap labor pools around the world, outside and away from the umbrella of oft times ridiculous local/state/Fed oversight.

This has been going on and part of American Business since Northern Companies, moved south for cheap land, low taxes and where ~$10/hour actually meant something because of low cost of living.

'Murica!

;)

Go Tigers striperfan and all!

Oct 27, 2017, 8:47 PM

These professionals are sad, they really are. They are making millions of dollars
to do what they do, and when one small thing doesn't set in well with them. They
wanna walk out, quit & start wining.
There are millions of hard working people that deal with 100 times worser situations.
And they still show up to their jobs every day to they can freaking feed their family.
Give me a break!
Grow up Hopkins, and the NFL--Was the owner right, probably not. But if you aren't happy.
And the rest of the pros....take your ball and GO HOME!!!

Sorry.

Go Nuk!

Oct 27, 2017, 9:27 PM

If the players don't like things - COMPLAIN; PROTEST - why not! This is the land of the free. If you don't like it, turn it off. They don't owe you a #### thing.

Re: Go Nuk!

Oct 27, 2017, 11:20 PM

You are certainly correct. This is the land of the free. All these players who would like to use the NFL to express their anti-American feelings are free to buy a ticket, sit in the stands, and do whatever they want while the NFL honors this nation's freedom with the flying of our flag and remembering those who gave their lives defending their rights with the singing of the national anthem.

But Bob McNair is not obligated to pay players to wear pig socks and disparage widows and orphans whose loved ones gave their lives to establish and maintain those freedoms. He is also a free man, and has a right to protect his business. And let's face it, disrespect is not good business. And it makes NO difference if you are behind the counter at McD's making minimum wage, or on an NFL sideline making millions.

Let's be clear about rights. The players AND the owners, AND the fans have rights. McNair's job is to make enough money to play the players to perform a job. Yes, it may be a high paying job, and the players may be very talented, but it's still a job. And they are employees. While on the sidelines, they have only the rights the owners allow - no more. They are at work. Their rights to disparage the flag and national anthem do NOT exist while they are on the clock. They can punch out, THEN they are free to do as they wish.

And the blame for this mess lies with the weak leadership that has allowed this to reach this level. And this was McNair's point. And right or wrong, he has as much right to his opinion as the unemployed QB wearing pig socks.

Everyone, including McNair, answers to someone in the food chain of business. And McNair answers to the fans. And the fans have loudly stated they are not in favor of using their Sunday afternoon football for political rallys.

And you are no Clemson fan***

Oct 28, 2017, 1:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Sooo disappointed in Nuke ]

Well, he is public schooled, perhaps pass the idiom along...

Oct 27, 2017, 8:53 PM

and consider your good deed for the day now done?

https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/the_nmates_are_running_the_asylum

Oct 27, 2017, 9:01 PM

Do you even Clemson, bro? It's "Nuk" (as in the baby pacifier brand he preferred as a kid), not "Nuke" (he's not trying to blow up the world). Jesus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2017, 9:17 PM

If this isn't ignorance at its finest. I don't know what it is. You sound stupid as hell.

Oct 27, 2017, 9:23 PM

Man,

I sure as #### don't turn on a sports channel or visit a sports website to get my political correctness or views. If this continues sports will be as fun as raking leaves without the pleasant pile to jump in after the work is done.

Looks like the snowflakes will cool off the global warming...

Go Tigers!!!

Oct 27, 2017, 9:26 PM

There are consequences in this world for what you say and do, and Robert McNair is rightly paying the consequences for making a really stupid comment. Whether he made that analogy with intent or not, only he knows, but it sounds, really, really bad. He has earned every ounce of criticism and backlash that is coming his way. That comment was not made in a vacuum and you have to take into context everything else that is transpiring with the league, the protests, and the ever growing divide in this country. His statement sent a clear message to his team and speaks to how far we have to go.

Oct 27, 2017, 9:27 PM

Which frickin' board am I on, the political one? Ugh. Sorry for my confusions...

Go Tigers!!!

Oct 27, 2017, 10:00 PM

How did he disrespect Clemson? Lol if anything he disrespected Daniel High School.

Personally I think players are allowed to have a life and opinion afther the 3 or 4 years they spent making billions for ESPN and the NCAA.

Oct 27, 2017, 10:44 PM

I am amazed at how many people on this board wake up every morning and call the DNC to get their daily talking points!!!!!!!!!

The phrase is "inmates running the asylum"

Oct 27, 2017, 10:50 PM

I think the owner dude just messed that up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2017, 11:21 PM

You're an a$$hole. Disappointed you're a Clemson fan.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry, I have been called much worse. If I was paid

Oct 27, 2017, 11:29 PM

Millions, call me what you want. I would smile and say thank you sir

So that’s all it would take to betray your conscience?

Oct 28, 2017, 4:34 PM

Nm

I don't really care what Nuk does other than on the field.

Oct 28, 2017, 12:00 AM

He's a grown man now, not a student athlete.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I don't really care what Nuk does other than on the field.

Oct 28, 2017, 12:16 AM

With the curve on the Galaxy 8 it's hard to give TUs.

Exactly***

Oct 28, 2017, 12:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're a disgrace, you don't even 1/80th of the manhood that Hopkins has***

Oct 28, 2017, 1:38 AM

What's your manhood percentage? How is that calculated?***

Oct 28, 2017, 9:12 AM

Clearly

Oct 28, 2017, 9:41 AM

that's a sexist statement! You can't just gender type in that way you fascist ??

Don't you mean Nuk is disgracing Daniel HS??

Oct 28, 2017, 2:04 AM

geez....the guy can't catch a break on Tigernet....:~)

Incidentally---and I don't give 2 piles of fecal matter about any of 'ems politics---chicken McNair has sure spent a lot of energy and media attention apologizing and backing up from his original statement if it was meant to be so innocent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just damage control

Oct 28, 2017, 8:54 AM

that an extremely common idiom that is never meant to be taken literally is now parsed and taken literally tells us all we need to know about our inability as people to communicate functionally. Beware the next time someone says something like "throwing the baby out with the bath water," as you're liable to be labeled a child abuser

Re: It's just damage control

Oct 28, 2017, 11:42 AM

That’s a dumb comparison. One is offensive, the other one isn’t.

Oct 28, 2017, 8:44 AM

So how did he disgrace Clemson? If a Clemson fan goes on strike at his company does he disgrace Clemson?

So do I think the players overreacted yes but it’s just not that big of a deal all the way around...

No one thinks McNair was being literal.

That's not the point. What is he even trying to say with his metaphor? In what way are players trying to "run the show"? What is he talking about?

"No one thinks McNair was being literal"

Oct 28, 2017, 9:16 AM

Not so fast my friend.

So there are people who actually think

Oct 28, 2017, 10:16 AM

that McNair believes he is literally running a prison? There are people out there who believe that McNair doesn't realize he has a football team?

Okey dokey.

Here they are

Oct 28, 2017, 12:49 PM
IMG_9527.JPG(113.8 K)

Took that photo myself. Made the mistake of finding myself in Washington DC the day after the inauguration.

????

Oct 28, 2017, 1:24 PM

How could people the day after the inauguration think anything about something McNair said recently?

Re: So there are people who actually think

Oct 28, 2017, 5:58 PM [ in reply to So there are people who actually think ]

Imagine his suprise when he goes to the job Sunday and they are all dressed alike, facing each other and fighting over an oval shaped ball

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

a stupid thread is

Oct 28, 2017, 9:10 AM

a stupid thread

who gives a #### what nuk says or does? same with martavis. why don't the lot of you tweet it out or post it on fb - or maybe use your insta or snapchat

fuktards

Message was edited by: theclash®

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I don't understand how he could continue to

Oct 28, 2017, 10:11 AM

take a paycheck from that man after he made that statement.

Re: I don't understand how he could continue to

Oct 28, 2017, 6:01 PM

Absolutely do you see anyone turning down those fat checks as the ##### and whine

It's Nuk, not Nuke.

Oct 28, 2017, 11:00 AM

And Nuk has always seemed not to align himself with Clemson anyway. As far as internet research can tell me, he is one of the few of Swinney's players to not have his degree, even with urging from Dabo. Always bugged me that he gives the shoutout to his high school instead of the Tigers. Maybe after this, won't bug me as much.

Re: It's Nuk, not Nuke.

Oct 28, 2017, 6:04 PM

Could be why he says his high school and not college because he didn’t graduate

Oct 28, 2017, 11:46 AM

I don’t think Nuk gives a rat’s #### about what a bunch of racist apologists on TNet think about him. Good for Nuk. Most of you are honestly a bunch of Trump-loving dotards.

Trump loving dotards?

Oct 28, 2017, 11:51 AM

Exactly what are the bounds of your ignorance and shallow-mindedness?

Re: Trump loving dotards?

Oct 28, 2017, 12:03 PM

Why do you ask? Are you asking me to join you? No thanks.

Trump is trying.

Oct 28, 2017, 2:42 PM

That's a start.

He's not a racist. He's not a Muslim hater. And he recognizes injustices that have gone on far too long.

His biggest problem is his big mouth, but I'll take it if he keeps trying to fix all this bullcrap in the world today.

By the way...

Oct 28, 2017, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump loving dotards? ]

I come in peace. Point to you sir.

move along >>>***

Oct 28, 2017, 2:54 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

McNair is 80 years old?

Oct 28, 2017, 2:34 PM

What's Nuk's excuse? Let's not forget Nuk has also called out Dabo before along racial lines and has distanced himself from Clemson since he's been in the NFL.

Oct 28, 2017, 3:34 PM

He is doing a great job in the NFL. He is also very correct in his comments. It is time this
board gives more respect for people. From a school that did not allow black athletes and names
the stadium(field) after the coach who was a big racist. We can do better on this board.
Go Tigers!!!

The team owner compared them to inmates.

Oct 28, 2017, 4:09 PM

Maybe you should #### and try to understand how Nuk feels right now.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2017, 5:18 PM

Why are you dissappointed? He very quietly made a statement. Whether I agree with him or not, I believe he has the right to his opinion. He did nothing to disgrace Clemson. Many Clemson students and alum have fought so that he does have that right.

Oct 28, 2017, 5:28 PM

Me too

Replies: 128
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic