Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My trust issues with Amazon are growing.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 579

My trust issues with Amazon are growing.

Jul 9, 2019, 10:32 AM

I needed to get a new drip cup for my grill. Looked on Amazon and they we all $12.00 or better. That seemed odd. Looked on Lowe's.com they were $5 and change. What gives?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you considered haggling with Amazon?***

Jul 9, 2019, 10:56 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I Marvin Hagler them instead?***

Jul 9, 2019, 11:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if you are Hearns.***

Jul 9, 2019, 2:24 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you considered a coat hanger and empty tin can

Jul 9, 2019, 11:02 AM

from the negros frijoles you had over the weekend?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oops

Jul 9, 2019, 11:03 AM

Frijoles negros

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look man...

Jul 9, 2019, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Have you considered a coat hanger and empty tin can ]

no. That seems like some FBCoach stuff there.

Greenr is not above doing this. Seems like a waste of a

Jul 9, 2019, 11:11 AM

perfectly good $5 to buy a cup for that crap from Lowe's and $12 from Amazon.

IF I were doing that. I'd find something wider than a

Jul 9, 2019, 11:13 AM

tin can.

I've used a coffee can.***

Jul 9, 2019, 12:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sheit. I did that for years and years on $120 gas grills.

Jul 9, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Look man... ]

Dunno if I could do it on my LDR one now if I wanted to, but I wouldn't be scared to do it if I could.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

works better than the original***

Jul 9, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Have you considered a coat hanger and empty tin can ]

my parents used a mtn dew can in this fashion

Jul 9, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Have you considered a coat hanger and empty tin can ]

when i was a kid.

i drank from it once.

It's like bongwater, but thicker, and with

Jul 9, 2019, 12:39 PM

delicious grill drippings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My trust issues with Amazon are growing.

Jul 9, 2019, 11:14 AM

3 piece sellers having to up their price to survive on Amazon

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had they not auto billed my Prime membership

Jul 9, 2019, 11:37 AM

I would have dumped them this month.

I ordered a disposable grill on 6/30 to take to the sand bar to cook burgers on for July 4th. It was supposed to get there on 7/3. It arrived Friday afternoon. It's still in the "Prime" shipping envelope on my table.

I ordered a silicone cover for my Iphone 7 on 6/24. It was supposed to get here on 6/26. Newest update says it has shipped, and will be here somewhere between 7/12 and 8/2. Both were labeled Prime items.

These are probably the 8-10th items that I have ordered that this has happened with. I'm just about done with Amazon and prime.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll tack on another month of Prime if you complain

Jul 9, 2019, 1:13 PM

about delayed shipping #ProTip

I'll look into that***

Jul 9, 2019, 2:26 PM

Amazon and really every online retailers' algorithmic

Jul 9, 2019, 12:02 PM

pricing is a total mindfugg. Your price, my price, FBcoach's price are likely all different. If you put the item in your cart, but don't order it...they'll prolly drop the price in the next day or two. If you frequently buy grill parts, the algorithm calculates that you are probably willing to pay more and will charge you more. As a matter of fact, if you frequently use Amazon, you'll pay a little bit more for anything you order because the algorithm assumes you do so out of convenience and are not concerned with a little bit higher price. Officially, they call it "dynamic pricing", in reality it should be called "how Jeff Bezos figured out how to screw the world pricing".

I've had a set of exhaust manifolds sitting in my cart for

Jul 9, 2019, 12:05 PM

about 8 months but I have never ordered them. Price hasn't budged.

I may try that on stuff I don't care about.

Jul 9, 2019, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Amazon and really every online retailers' algorithmic ]

Amazon really isn't my default but I've used them more since moving. If Harbor Freight were closer I'd use Amazon even less.

Amazon charges tax now too

Jul 9, 2019, 12:22 PM

most items are cheaper on other websites like ebay. The only perk amazon has is free 2 day shipping if you have prime. If you don't have prime shop elsewhere

Do have Prime. Would need to to some

Jul 9, 2019, 12:54 PM

ciferin to determine if it is used enough to justify the cost. Harldy ever watch stuff over Amazon prime as their UI sucks and too much pay for play stuff is in the way.

it really depends on how fast you want items

Jul 9, 2019, 2:31 PM

For most things you can get the same item for same price or cheaper than amazon listed price on ebay, with no tax and usually free or really cheap shipping. The downfall is it will take 2-3 days longer to ship.

Message was edited by: A912®

Amazon doesn't always have the cheepest prices.

Jul 9, 2019, 6:05 PM

It pays to look around. Kinda like Sam's. They're cheap, but don't always have the cheapest prices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 579
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic