Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
went out to eat yesterday with my family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

went out to eat yesterday with my family

Jan 7, 2018, 11:36 AM

and I was rocking my new Clemson shirt and pullover, and some dude came up to me and asked me, "you're not ashamed to wear that Clemson stuff after that game?" now, I couldn't tell what team he pulled for because he didn't have his team gear on, but he was most likely a usuck fan or a mutt. this sort of pissed me off, because for one, I had no idea who he was and I don't like people just walking up to me and being a smartass. two, I was in mid conversation with my brother in law and he just interrupted us. so I just looked at him and said, "nah, Im proud to be a Clemson fan win or lose." Then the dude just turned around and walked away, and i went back to my conversation. but what I wanted to say was, "of course not, see unlike your bunch I don't run to walmart, buy a team shirt, and keep the tag on it just in case I want to return it after we lose." dang my good manners!

but does anyone else have these run ins and just get furious? I get the banter, its what makes college football so great. but don't just walk up to me when I'm with my family having a good time and start spewing your nonsense.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

somthing similar happened to me

Jan 7, 2018, 11:46 AM

I gave him a funny look and said no not at all. Then came the smart ### "you can get hats for 5 cents at the store now" I said, no you can't. There is no shame in losing to Alabama. We got beat, but we will be back. It was at a large job meeting, I have no idea where the guy is from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are these 5 cent hats!?***

Jan 7, 2018, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: went out to eat yesterday with my family

Jan 7, 2018, 11:51 AM

I would rather lose a playoff game than to win a lessor bowl game. Of course, every team and fan group loves to end the season with a win, but the only way to do that is to win the NC or fail to get into the playoffs and win a bowl. If his team of the week has ended their season with a win, they obviously didn't get into the playoffs. The short response is "I guess that your team didn't make the playoffs again this year."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 11:55 AM

I currently live in Ohio and I wore my Clemson stuff to the office throughout the week. I had about 6 different Buckeye fans ask me "what happened to your tigers??" followed by "why are you wearing that, they got crushed!"...I simply said "hey, at least we scored points in our semifinal this season!"

Jan 7, 2018, 2:35 PM

I am having a good laugh reading this.Buckeyes fans ! Great fan base and a historic program but I would have laughed in his face .lol 3 and 0 Buckeyes.

Last Night Same Thing Happened

Jan 7, 2018, 11:56 AM

At a friends gathering. One of my buddies (a ball buster from NY) griefs me early on and I took the first shot then his son at ok state (just lost rotc scholarship due to drugs and drunk driving) kept up the grief. Finally I told the kid Clemson will always be a place I’m proud of. It’s whete I went for 4 years of my life, I graduated from there and was commissioned as an officer there. It will always be in my heart. Well that shut him up. Then he showed everyone his new obscene tattoo, stupid snowflake. His mom is a hot little 52 yr old so I put up with him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does he have to pay back the scholarship?

Jan 7, 2018, 12:17 PM

He should

Yes his mom left her doctoral work

Jan 7, 2018, 1:16 PM

To tach again and payback or they would enlist his ###

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last Night Same Thing Happened

Jan 7, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Last Night Same Thing Happened ]

pigs of the hot little 52 yr old ? ;)

Re: Last Night Same Thing Happened

Jan 7, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Last Night Same Thing Happened ]

Yankees are some of the dumbest people you will meet in the south !

Jan 7, 2018, 12:11 PM

I got the same "why are you wearing that shirt" at my kid's soccer game the day after the Syracuse game. Some jack-ass I didn't even know. And an FSU fan to boot, I found out. Evidently these people are proud of . . . what? . . . being fair-weather fans?

Jan 7, 2018, 12:42 PM

I get more unsolicited comments from people and I wear my Clemson stuff everywhere. Really ticks me off. I’d rather lose as a Clemson Tiger than any other school in the country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 1:04 PM

I don't have much of a choice when about everything I own is Clemson in some way, so I stay ready for the d o u c h e bags as soon as anything offensive comes from their mouth. My wife says that it's like I want for them to say something, honestly I am bc, over the last 5-6 years, Clemson fans don't have a thing to be ashamed of!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 12:43 PM

I just say. " I have been a fan for 40 years, One win don't make you, one lose don't break you."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 12:52 PM

Only once, and I said 12-2 with one of those 12 being his team, an I didn't understand how shame didn't attach to the hoodie he was wearing. I walked off with him and her supper embarrassed, and glad that I left it like that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the same thing from PSU fans all the time

Jan 7, 2018, 12:58 PM

Living in PA, I get the same crap from Penn State fans all the time, both in the public light and at work. This week at work, several of them made sure to mention their Bowl win against Washington and Clemson's loss. My response: "the boys were beaten by a better team that night, we have a young team and the sun came up. All is well." That's why when I read on this board anything nice about PSU, I cringe because most of my dealings with their fans have not been positive. One dude at work three years ago asked me where Clemson was located and what level of football they played. He's a wise guy. When they made the national championship run, he didn't say a word, and certainly didn't acknowledge them last year when they won it. He tailgates at every home PSU game.

At our board meeting last month, two board members were talking about how Clemson made a run again. Again, PSU reared its ugly head when another board member who wasn't even part of our conversation interrupted our dialogue to let us know he was traveling to the Fiesta Bowl. He then made sure he was part of the conversation by changing the topic to PSU and how they were playoff contenders and how Clemson plays a weak schedule. He made the mistake of saying he wished PSU would play Clemson. I just nodded and smiled. Then the know it all asked if PSU had ever played Clemson. I said yes, in 1988 in a bowl game...he asked the result. I simply said: Joe Paterno's worst bowl defeat, 35-10. He turned three shades of red and then talked about some other obscure fact about penn state football.

I take it all in stride and don't get my knickers in a knot, but there are some who just grind on you. Clemson Proud.

Re: I get the same thing from PSU fans all the time

Jan 7, 2018, 2:33 PM

Where in PA? I'm in York and I know exactly what you're talking about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PSU Fans Are So Easy to Slam

Jan 7, 2018, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I get the same thing from PSU fans all the time ]

Just tell them

PSU = Prepubescent Sodomy University

NO, It Must Be the Vibe I Give Off

Jan 7, 2018, 12:59 PM

Under penalty of death, don't screw with me.

I had the same thing happen to me .

Jan 7, 2018, 1:09 PM

I was wearing my Clemson hoodie when some dude at the pub says " What happened to your boys ?". We went round and round for a while with this dip s#$t telling me that Clemson has only been good for a couple years . Then I finally busted out the question I love to ask these fools . "Who's your team? "? Because unless they say Bama there ### is mine . So what's this ####### say but "I'm a Gator " Bahahahahah !! Got a great laugh out of that one.

Jan 7, 2018, 1:18 PM

bothering anyone you dont know when eating is just tacky and rude. celebrity or not

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 1:19 PM

Had a coot at work try something similar last week. Basically tried to say Clemson was the same as Usuck at the end of the year. But kept saying “at least we won in 2018.” Most times I ignore that nonsense and walk away but this particular clown is one of those that exaggerates everything in a positive twist for usuck and twists everything negative for the tigers. It gets old real quick. Needless to say it was a 10 min argument and at the end of it he tried to say he was just playing and was trying to get under my skin, which worked by the way. But he truly believes most of the nonsense he says. Looking back I don’t know why I even responded to him but It was one of those days I was ill about something else.

Jan 7, 2018, 2:17 PM

A good response to that particular coot might be "we're going to win 12 in 18".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 3:22 PM

I went out to eat but no one said a thing. I really don't know how I would respond should someone approach me and make a snide remark about our loss to Alabama. If I was sharp on my feet, I would probably ask him/her, "how many times has your team appeared in the playoffs"? Then to rub a little salt in the wound. "My Tigers have been there all three times and our record is one win, one second and one tied for third". And finally, one more question, "Do you have any further questions or comments you would like to share"? The silence is deafening !!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: went out to eat yesterday with my family ]

A good response to that particular coot might be "we're going to win 12 in 18".

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make a little wager with him, say. " I'll bet you $100 we

Jan 7, 2018, 7:13 PM

will have more wins by the end of the year than Usuc will!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did have one person comment 'we won't talk about who won/who

Jan 7, 2018, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: went out to eat yesterday with my family ]

Lost'. Usuc fan, I said 'yeah, no need unless you are a Tide or Dawg fan, no other bowls matter.' He hasn't said anything since.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll tell you what I say when they do this

Jan 7, 2018, 2:55 PM

“We lost a playoff game, you know, the playoffs we have been in The LAST 3 YEARS. Are you really talking junk? If you ever roll up on me talking this crap again bother, I’m gonna rain on you”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Classic!***

Jan 7, 2018, 7:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

after the FSU blowout in 2013

Jan 7, 2018, 3:40 PM

I took my 5 year old son out for ice cream the Wednesday after the FSU blowout in 2013 and had a Clemson hat on. Lady waltzes up and says “aren’t you embarrassed to wear that?” My response, “Clemson has one of the top 10 football teams in America, a top ten graduation rate, is a top 25 public university, is considered one of the best returns on your investment, has made numerous contributions to the betterment of our world, so please explain to me what I have to be embarrassed about?” She stuttered trying to respond so I threw in, “don’t ever interrupt me when I’m spending time with my son. Have a great day”.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: after the FSU blowout in 2013

Jan 7, 2018, 6:29 PM

AWESOME! I wish I would’ve seen her face!!!

You should have told him to stick to his business...

Jan 7, 2018, 3:57 PM

cleaning tables and leave the paying customers alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was in a mall in Tupelo, MS when an older gentleman

Jan 7, 2018, 3:58 PM

approached my son and told him that he should burn his jacket (wearing a Clemson jacket). My immediate response, of course, was that it was a national championship jacket. He then asked if I wanted to get beat up. His wife was wearing an Ole Miss sweater.

He of course was poking fun, but I almost drop kicked that #### for being such an sec homer.

I had an Auburn fan show me a poast about bama

Jan 7, 2018, 4:14 PM

making mashed taters. I asked him, “So, how did y’all do against UCF?” He turned around and walked away! ????
Always proud of my Tigers; win or lose!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had an Auburn fan show me a poast about bama

Jan 7, 2018, 6:46 PM

Do eagles make good gumbo? 'Bout like owls!

If you know the joke you'll get it.

Jan 7, 2018, 6:39 PM

Hope you tipped the waitress but not the buss boy!

Jan 7, 2018, 7:39 PM

These guys will never understand that Clemson is SO much more than football!!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic