Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it!

Aug 12, 2018, 9:36 AM

Dabo s no idiot he knows it will take Trevor Lawrence At QB to win a national championship. He knows that but I think him being loyal to the senior Kelly Bryant and letting him play his last season maybe more important then a championship. If we don’t win a national championship it’s because Dabo didn’t want to and wanted another team to win it. The year Dashaun Watson got here. If Cole stoudt never saw the feild. And Dashaun Watson didn’t get hurt then we win a national championship that year. So really if Dabo wants a championship we win it. If he doesn’t then we won’t win it. Up to Dabo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least you tried.***

Aug 12, 2018, 9:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yet again. Props to the most transparent coot on TNet.***

Aug 12, 2018, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

idiotic coot post of the day so far***

Aug 12, 2018, 10:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

she didn’t try very hard***

Aug 12, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to At least you tried.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Definitely coot if the month material***

Aug 12, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to At least you tried.*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it!

Aug 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

Dabo will not play KB if he is not effective.
I don’t care if he is a 10 yr SR.

The chickens are out this morning***

Aug 12, 2018, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 9:56 AM

Why are you so utterly convinced we can't win with Kelly Bryant? Obviously we couldn't with last year's version of Kelly Bryant - 13 TD's throwing wasn't going to do it - but consider, how many long TD throws did he leave on the table because he simply wasn't dialed-in enough to make those throws when they were clearly there to be had?

I'm going to repeat this until I'm blue in the face: Kelly Bryant was not a finished product last year. He hadn't had the benefit of a redshirt season, and he only got one year in a throwing offense in high school, that being his senior season at Wren. The prior three years he had spent in a Wing-T in Abbeville.

Bryant is a big, strong, powerful, capable runner, who is capable of beating you with his legs and his toughness, and that brings safeties down into the box. He simply wasn't sticking the dagger in when that happened and hitting guys down the field when they got those 1-on-1's last year.

If he starts hitting those this year - with regularity - and also dials in his mid-range throwing, particularly in the middle of the field - that 13 TD's throwing very quickly becomes 26 (or more!)...and when you combine that with the 11 TD's he added rushing, that's 37 TD's...which is very much good enough to beat anybody up to and including Alabama. That goal also seems attainable if Bryant has indeed made the same level of improvement he's made every year prior.

Given Bryant's work ethic, toughness, and IQ, why does that seem like such a stretch to some?

I will agree that it is possible - maybe even probable - that Lawrence is just so durned good nobody can hold him off, but we've bet against Bryant before, and Bryant passed every test he faced except that last one against Alabama.

Whatever happens, it isn't going to be because of blind loyalty. Either Bryant wins the job because he's improved enough to retain it - whereupon we're fine - or Dabo will make the switch.

On this: relax. Dabo didn't recruit in all those shiny new WR's to see them not get fed. He knows we're WRU; we aren't going to have another mediocre year throwing the football.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:21 AM

Well said as always.

I honestly believe it’s just anxiousness that people know how special this year should be and certainly could end in a NC. But it will take everything you said and based on what limited time (spring game) and what little tidbits of statements from people who say they were at the practice etc etc it sounds like Kelly is still missing a lot of those throws.

I wouldn’t call someone a coot or kb hater just because in their opinion, he’s hit his ceiling. I appreciate your input. Always timely.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think what is worrying most people

Aug 12, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

Is that KB has a tough time with accuracy and control. It's not so much that he wasn't dialed in and couldn't see down field. He didn't try those longer throws because he knew he didn't have a high success rate going deep.

I really hope you are right and he has become more accurate and confident going down field. Some skills are god given, not learned.

Aug 12, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

Totally agree he was not a finished product last year, at least I hope not. That being said the one area that concerned me most was pocket presence - ability to feel the rush with eyes in the back of your head. I don’t think that can be taught, it’s just an instinct and I think he lacks that. My Auburn and Alabama friends said Watson was a witch - he performed magic in the pocket when under pressure because he was instinctively more aware.

Aug 12, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

actually, abbeville runs the wish bone and calls it the "a-bone"

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

If what I am reading and hearing, our running game should be much better this year. That alone should open up our passing game. Giving Kelley just one more second in the pocket could do wonders for his passing game if he can hone in on his open receivers. Watson's ability to remain in the pocket for a last split second throw was a thing of beauty. For a good example, just take another look at the last two minutes of film when we defeated Alabama.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 9:57 AM

Nah, certainly he wants to win every game. And we could win one with KB. As he stated yesterday, he is ahead of where he was... or something along those lines.

He’s not going to sacrifice the team at all costs if that’s what you’re saying. He’s said from day one that he’s pulling for Kellly and he and Scott both are conscientious about including Chase. If you’re going to run the QB in your basic offense, then you better be ready with a backup and with 3 qb’s leaving we’re a couple plays away from being really thin at that position.

I mean KB will and should start the Furman game but I just want to see both TL and Chase get game reps with the ones even if the game is tied or whatever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 10:01 AM

well apparently TLaw hasn't walked on water yet.......

Aug 12, 2018, 11:47 AM

There's a rumor he healed an old lady in a wheelchair, so there's that.

To hear you tell it, Kirby has***

Aug 12, 2018, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To hear you tell it, Kirby has***

Aug 12, 2018, 11:07 PM

Is that something you can buy? If not, I doubt that Kirby has it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Going to Fan Appreciation Day?

Aug 12, 2018, 10:07 AM

Put him on the spot and ask him if he wants to win the National Championship this year. I’d like to see him squirm out of that one!

??

~JKB

Aug 12, 2018, 10:08 AM

What other team would Dabo want to see win the title? I've heard fans accuse other teams of cheating but never winning because "our coach wanted them to."

I can't wrap my head around

Aug 12, 2018, 10:35 AM

The fact some folks simply love to practice 'stupid' in a public forum. I guess it's like an easy win...or something. IDK.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You GA fellers have got to have the same appreciation of

Aug 12, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

these SC College folks as we do - they are a remarkable team to have on your schedule each year - now please go about your business and whoop them by 6 touchdowns.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You GA fellers have got to have the same appreciation of

Aug 12, 2018, 1:11 PM

I'm confident UGA beats them handily. Clemson however, is going to completely humiliate them.

Are you at five points writing this?***

Aug 12, 2018, 10:52 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...

Aug 12, 2018, 11:48 AM

mouth breather

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 1:03 PM

There simply are no words to respond to such a stupid post. I am certain Dabo doesn’t want to win another National Championship. He realizes his career at Clemson is basically over so he is planning to allow mediocrity to define the remainder of his time as head coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 1:17 PM

I agree. We pick which years we want to win it. WE TOO DEEP

I'm ok with whatever Dabo wants to do.

Aug 12, 2018, 1:20 PM

I just wish other teams would be more grateful to Dabo when he lets them win.

Aug 12, 2018, 4:21 PM

Considering your coaches most recent endorsement shouldn't you be concerned with your players safety?

Didnt know Dabo was on the field?

Aug 12, 2018, 4:23 PM

and able to play in 22 different positions at once?

Another DA Post......***

Aug 12, 2018, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait......what?***

Aug 12, 2018, 6:33 PM

Aug 12, 2018, 8:42 PM

Jessy, I gotta tell ya, everytime you post, you post dumber and dumber. I guess you are under the impression we DONT know you're a coot? Ok, I get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2018, 8:46 PM

Coot nope I’m not. It just amazes me if someone has a opinion y’all don’t agree with they yell coot coot coot. I am just as much a Clemson as anyone else on this board. I am really excited about the season go Tigers

Aug 12, 2018, 9:17 PM

You are the prototypical coot troll on this site.

In what world would Dabo not want to win it all? What an asinine thing to say. He and his coaches work their butt off all year roumd for 1 reason. To win it, it's why they get out of the bed in the morning.

It's obvious you are trying to start a flame war on our boards. If I was a mod I would have shipped you off to coot island months ago. You act like you're just stating an opinion.. bs.

Aug 12, 2018, 9:27 PM

I’m not trying to start anything. Of course the post was sarcastic. However how can anyone not see that this year is similar to Cole stoudt and Dashaun Watson. There was no doubt Dashaun watson was better day one. And there’s no doubt Trevor Lawrence is better day one then Kelly Bryant is. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Aug 12, 2018, 10:44 PM

Seems like all of your posts are trying to turn people on our coaches. TL will get his chance, it's been discussed ad nauseam.

Stoudt knew the playbook, DW knew 5 plays

Aug 13, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

Sooner or later other teams would have figured that out. Then what? Put Stoudt back in?

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Stoudt knew the playbook, DW knew 5 plays

Aug 13, 2018, 1:06 PM

It is not how many plays you know, but the execution of those plays. Run the same plays over and over until the defense stops it. It is tough to make total changes on the fly!

Aug 12, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: We will win a national championship if Dabo wants to win it! ]

Lol of course. I see it every single day, anyone who has different opinions are coots. So childish and ridiculous.

really??

Aug 12, 2018, 9:27 PM

Dayum. Dabo and Clemson don’t need ya. Go back to your coop

Of all the stupid things I’ve ever read

Aug 12, 2018, 9:49 PM

this is top 2 or 3

Aug 12, 2018, 10:59 PM

Did you graduate from CU? If yes, then what year?

Aug 13, 2018, 6:44 AM

Beat it COOT.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic