Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It was just on the mid day news that there is evidence Zion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

It was just on the mid day news that there is evidence Zion

Apr 8, 2019, 12:25 PM

Williams mom taking money from Nike under a bogus consulting services" to an entity called Sharonda Sampson Consulting. Get all the cheaters!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2019/04/07/duke-is-looking-into-michael-avenattis-claims-that-nike-paid-zion-williamsons-mother/#5b4da5063a25

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was just on the mid day news that there is evidence Zion

Apr 8, 2019, 12:32 PM

I'm sure Coach K knew nothing about this.......

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 12:40 PM

This is based on the "evidence" provided by someone charged with extortion, fraud, and embezzlement.

Apr 8, 2019, 12:50 PM

Who else would know better of what goes on behind the door better than the ones that get behind those closed doors to make their dirty deals!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!!

Apr 8, 2019, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: It was just on the mid day news that there is evidence Zion ]

This guy is going down, so he's saying to heck with it.....ALL Y'ALL coming with me!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: It was just on the mid day news that there is evidence Zion ]

A rat ratting on rat face sounds plausible to me.

Apr 8, 2019, 12:41 PM

Hilarious- all that paid talent and didn’t even make the final four. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in other breaking news, water is wet***

Apr 8, 2019, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

waiting like everyone else for the FBI recordings to

Apr 8, 2019, 12:47 PM

go public. Read a piece not long ago sorta speculating that if the nasty stuff starts to hit the fan, Coach K may resign "due to health issues" (which, I believe, actually exist) and be forever remembered as the greatest coach in the history of the ACC--a fact which rankles uncfans to no end.

Regardless, there's an ugly dark cloud on Duke's horizon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 12:48 PM

Coach K does not seem very sure about this based on how he gave his answer to this question......but he probably does not have much to worry about based on the NCAA which is also totally corrupt.......Go Tigers!!!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 12:48 PM

My expectation is that CBB would not participate is these sorts of shenanigans.

Yeah, I want more wins in MBB, but I am not at all displeased with CBB's state of the program in terms of this sort of thing. No off-court issues, good graduation rate.

Just win a few more games!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But who gets punished?

Apr 8, 2019, 12:51 PM

Zion can't get punished, he is already outside of the NCAA's jurisdiction.

Duke can't get punished if they "knew nothing about it". While that is unlikely, I'm sure Coach K has this system perfectly organized to release them from any liability.

Nike can't get punished by the NCAA.

So yet again, they will get away completely unscathed.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: But who gets punished?

Apr 8, 2019, 12:57 PM

I agree with you they probably all will get away scott free but I believe all three......Duke basketball, Nike, and the NCAA are all totally corrupt.....and that is a crying shame they will not be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 1:09 PM

The best solution is to make it to where if the kids or their parents are caught taking money from any source of retailers, take the scholarships, kick them off the team, and suspend them from playing in Pro sports for 5 years from the day they were found guilty. Then fine those companies paying the money to these college athletes so heavy that it would be a miracle if they survive!!! You have to make the pain greater than the crime if you really want to stop the law breakers, or they will never stop looking for ways around the law!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 1:22 PM

Nice in theory, but the NBA has no motivation for not allowing someone to play due to these things.

Who has the authority to do all of that?

Apr 8, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: But who gets punished? ]

The government can't do almost any of that to private organizations. Unless the NBA wants to punish themselves and deprive themselves of an elite player like Zion, no punishment like that will ever take place.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Who has the authority to do all of that?

Apr 8, 2019, 2:22 PM

That is why it will never stop. Put the elite player on the auction block, take the money that buys their talent and put it in a trust until they are 25 years old. If they're not going to stop it, why hide it and waste tons of money investigating it. Let it all be done out in the open bc we all know that it is happening!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to But who gets punished? ]

Isn't it a form of racketeering, Nike buying a player for Duke to increase the odds of Duke winning more games, and doesn't it cause the betting odds to be aimed toward Duke. Just asking, never read a law book in my life!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 1:34 PM

If NCAA can ban a booster why can't it ban a sponsor from contributing to a school ? Or ban a school from accepting a sponsor period.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 2:26 PM

If you read between the lines, they are all saying that they will except it as long as they keep it buried out of eye sight, bc it make them look really bad when it's exposed!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 12:54 PM

There’s only one solution to this whole mess:

^^^ Nike subsidiary***

Apr 8, 2019, 12:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ Nike subsidiary***

Apr 8, 2019, 5:40 PM

Yeah but standardize shoes that are so plain there’s no incentive for shoe companies to pay certain players to go to certain schools. It worked for NASCAR - they made the cars all ugly and the same body style so the only difference was the manufacturers logo and now nobody watches or goes to races!! Problem solved.

Since when is the NCAA not corrupt as he-- though? In other

Apr 8, 2019, 12:59 PM

words, what does it matter?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 1:03 PM

Will Duke have to forfeit all of there wins with Zion?

Apr 8, 2019, 1:15 PM

They should have for not doing a complete investigation on why Zion choose Duke over everyone else, especially his home schools bc he would have been a Top draft pick regardless of what school he went to bc he is that type of talent. He could have been a top pick even if he could have went to the NBA out of HS!!!

Has Auburn given back it's title?***

Apr 8, 2019, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: It was just on the mid day news that there is evidence Zion ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 1:26 PM

He doesn't care now season is over and he is done. He couldn't care less what happens to DUKE!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2019, 2:14 PM

And dats da truf!!!

should be prison time

Apr 8, 2019, 1:26 PM

Especially if there was tax evasion too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: should be prison time

Apr 8, 2019, 2:16 PM

He will go to prison!!!

Apr 8, 2019, 2:21 PM

Could be & wouldn't be surprised - but Michael Avenatti's gotta be one of the biggest liars in history. What a big mouth huckster.

There is no question Zion's mom got paid...

Apr 8, 2019, 3:37 PM

but my question is, how is this really any different that what Cam Newton's father did.

Both are absolutely NCAA violations but in Cam's case the NCAA took no action against Cam or Auburn because they said there was no evidence that Cam knew about the $250,000 in payments to his father which is a complete load !!!!

It seems to me the NCAA established a relevant precedent with Cam.

The NCAA is corrupt as he!! which is why they selectively enforce their own rules. Nike will payoff the investigators and nothing will ever happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic