Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
to my dearest David Hood..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,054

to my dearest David Hood..

Sep 17, 2018, 12:12 PM

how are the wife and kids? i hope all is well with you and yours.

I often see your posts here requesting fan questions for the coaches
I have never had one because I'm really not concerned about the xs and os. I trust the coaches.

i know dabo doesnt care what time clemson plaits and I'm ok with that. I'm not here to complain about game times. ..

I would humbly request that you find out who exactly determines the times of these games.

I will complain to them directly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: to my dearest David Hood..

Sep 17, 2018, 12:26 PM

I expect Mr.T.V. has a lot of influence when game times are determined. I can easily remember when Clemson football was NEVER on any channel anywhere. Travel time and distance makes me dislike noon games and night games but I plan to be at everyone ...... signed : old man forest

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dnt buy it

Sep 17, 2018, 12:33 PM

lsu has had about 6.noon.home games in 50 years.

if clemson said. ...we will kick off at 330, what can espn do about it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

They would accommodate us, just like they do Bama and LSU***

Sep 17, 2018, 1:02 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They would accommodate us, just like they do Bama and LSU***

Sep 17, 2018, 1:37 PM

You all do realize that LSU and Alabama are in the Central Time Zone right? So they would have to be kicking off at 11AM to play in our noon time slot. That probably makes a difference. How come no one ever mentions that Southern California hardly ever plays at Noon Eastern?

Well, Alabama actually does play at noon ET on 9/29

Sep 17, 2018, 3:00 PM

so what's your point?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Well, Alabama actually does play at noon ET on 9/29

Sep 17, 2018, 3:26 PM

My point is that 12:00 games... ah you know what, forget about it... SCREW YOU SWOFFORD AND HERBIE AND FORDE AND HOLTZ AND SABAN AND MEYER AND BLACKLEDGE AND VITALE AND FINEBAUM AND LENNIE WIRTZ AND RON CHERRY AND ALL YOU PEOPLE WE KNOW WHO SECRETLY GET TOGETHER AND PLAN FOR CLEMSON TO HAVE TO PLAY AT NOON JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE EVERYTHING CLEMSON!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SCUM.

That's much better***

Sep 17, 2018, 4:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Well, Alabama actually does play at noon ET on 9/29

Sep 17, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, Alabama actually does play at noon ET on 9/29 ]

I can mail you a coloring book and crayons if you want??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 12:32 PM

If I knew...I'd sit in front of their house, naked, until they stopped doing me like this

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get me a sample. ..I'll send it to those CSI folks

Sep 17, 2018, 12:35 PM

they can figure out everything from a sample

Sep 17, 2018, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: to my dearest David Hood.. ]

It has to be one of those $ec homers from e$ecpn. I'm sure we'll be on upset alert for the game too.

I think every time we are scheduled for a September

Sep 17, 2018, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: to my dearest David Hood.. ]

noon game Swoffie should be forced to attend and sit in the direct sun. After the first game he would be sure we never get a noon kickoff again.

sun is bad, bUT my wife is worse

Sep 17, 2018, 12:53 PM

she is starting to really get annoyed at my 10 am drunkfests...

I keep seeing all these AA pamphlets lying around the house.

10am drunkfests?

Sep 17, 2018, 1:00 PM

Why do you get such a late start?

can't get my 10 year old out of bed to drive me

Sep 17, 2018, 1:04 PM

little ####### is a deep sleeper.

it would be double torture, we know he doesn't even like

Sep 17, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I think every time we are scheduled for a September ]

football

Well now Snowtown is going to say it's him***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: to my dearest David Hood.. ]

This thread is useless without pics***

Sep 17, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: to my dearest David Hood.. ]

Don't know why I thumbs up a guy with infinity

Sep 17, 2018, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: to my dearest David Hood.. ]

points but for some reason I did. What does Nikki say about the naked sit-in outside some unknown person's door?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This posts sounds like a Nigerian prince/princess

Sep 17, 2018, 12:52 PM

seeking someone to hold their newly acquired monies for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 17, 2018, 8:51 PM

I honestly don't see why it's some big mystery to some people, or why so many seem to think it's up to the ACC in any type of way. You guys honestly think the ACC calls up ESPN and tells them which times certain teams are playing and what channels they'd like to have those teams on, and ESPN just says thank you and sends a check?

The television networks decide these things, and it's that way for all the other sports as well. ESPN is showing the Indians and Red Sox on Sunday evening. You guys think the Indians owner just decided to have his team on during that slot, or do you think ESPN picked what they thought would be the best rating grab for that time?

It's the same reason we get the 6 day waiting options from the TV networks. Of course things like time zones factor into this as well. I think one thing many don't consider is the tv network the game is actually on as well. A noon game being shown on ABC or ESPN is considered to be a bigger game to ESPN than a game they're showing at 7 pm that comes on ESPNU. They are expecting that noon game on ABC or ESPN to bring in more viewers than their games that come on later on ESPNU, ESPN 2, or the SEC Network.

The networks also want to spread out the big names as much as possible. It's not good business on their part to have every big game come on at the same time. You can put 1-3 big games on at noon, 1-3 big games on at 3:30, and another 1-3 on in the 7 and 8 spots. You can then spread the other games for the day around however you like on the smaller networks as it probably doesn't make a lot of difference when those games come on in terms of the overall viewers. A Clemson game is going to get a good rating no matter when you put it on the air, but it's going to get less than it could otherwise if you put it on at the same time as you're showing your other big games of the day.

Also, we've had 2 home games this season prior to this one next week. What time would you expect our game against Furman to be on? Our game this past week was scheduled for 3:30. It's not the fault of the tv networks or the ACC that we moved the game back to 12 due to the weather.

a lot of questions here

Sep 17, 2018, 9:57 PM

You guys honestly think the ACC calls up ESPN and tells them which times certain teams are playing and what channels they'd like to have those teams on, and ESPN just says thank you and sends a check?

----Fork the ACC and ESPN.... i dont care if the game is on TV

You guys think the Indians owner just decided to have his team on during that slot, or do you think ESPN picked what they thought would be the best rating grab for that time?

----- Fork the red sox , ESPN, and THe Indians. i dont care if the game is on TV

less than it could otherwise if you put it on at the same time as you're showing your other big games of the day.
---- Then Put Bama on at 3, or SC State, or donkey hote.. i dont care

What time would you expect our game against Furman to be on?

--- 3:30. Dont care what ESPN does..

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,054
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic