Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson has built something special but.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,852

Clemson has built something special but.....

Sep 17, 2017, 12:56 PM

We on this board are not the only ones seeing that....NFL team owners, and big schools with winning traditions like Alabama do also. The coaching team at Clemson is remarkable, I just fear we will be unable to keep them together there. NFL owners may make them offers that are just too hard for them to refuse. Brent Venables is sure to receive head coaching offers at major Universities. I hope I'm wrong!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

things a coot would say for 200 Alex.***

Sep 17, 2017, 12:57 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: things a coot would say for 200 Alex.***

Sep 17, 2017, 1:00 PM

I am just being a realist...why would you call me names...Coot...really? SOB is the worst you should call me!!!

He didn't call you a coot, he just said a coot would say

Sep 17, 2017, 1:01 PM

those things, which is true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then we'll get some more, just like Dabo has every time

Sep 17, 2017, 12:59 PM

Venables has already had a few HC offers. He isn't interested. He's a family guy, a millionaire, and very happy raising his family in Clemson. His son is playing at Clemson next year and probably his other son is a couple more years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then we'll get some more, just like Dabo has every time

Sep 17, 2017, 1:02 PM

Who were the HC offers from?

Sep 17, 2017, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Then we'll get some more, just like Dabo has every time ]

I hope you are right, and my fears are unfounded. If you are, Dabo and company might someday be thought of like Bear Bryant. If Clemson can keep all their personnel together, they will be a Dynasty the likes of which legends are made!!!

Sep 17, 2017, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Then we'll get some more, just like Dabo has every time ]

I can't see our coaches bailing on us any time soon. They work well together, are well compensated, and could not find a better environment to raise their kids. Look at our offensive staff - we have reached the level where we are now producing some of our own coaches. These guys are bright and talented and could go anywhere, but they have made conscious decisions to establish their homes where they have spent some of the happiest years of their own lives.

Having coaches move on and take positions as head coaches...

Sep 17, 2017, 1:09 PM

proves that we've arrived. I wish our coordinators all the best and believe if they aspire to a head coaching job they've done plenty to deserve it.

On the other hand and in my opinion, Dabo is the only irreplaceable coach on our staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has built something special but.....

Sep 17, 2017, 1:26 PM

Don't count your chickens before they hatch... I don't see Venables nor Dabo nor Scott nor Elliott going anywhere for at least 3 more years and possibly never.

They don't have misplaced priorities like some folks do. They don't need to be THE GUY. They want to be compensated properly for sure, but they don't need their egos fed. They don't strive to amass material things. As long as they are set for life financially and the family oriented, yet competing and nurturing and teaching culture culture remains, they will be here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 5:43 PM

Yeah , they're very well compensated at Clemson. They're obviously all friends and believe in each other ...which translates to the players and makes the on field play that much better.
Clemson is in a fine position right now !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

TOTALLY AGREE. ??***

Sep 17, 2017, 6:09 PM

Sep 17, 2017, 5:47 PM

If people pay attention to what BV has said repeatedly about being content where he's at, loving doing what he's doing, and not being eager to jump to a so so HC coaching job when he's got the best job in the world now. His words not mine. He loves being able to still get in the trenches coaching a position group and feels like he'd have to give up too much of that moving to a HC roll. Plus, his son enrolls at Clemson for next year. No doubt they both want to stay together reading interviews with both.

We will have to replace Elliot and/or Scott at some point.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 5:53 PM

Plus I think he is the leading tackler on the team. There are not meant plays that coach V wiffs on?

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,852
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic