Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Auburn radio announcers were really mad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Auburn radio announcers were really mad

Apr 7, 2019, 1:50 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/chadblue83/status/1114731497544663040

Part 1 is tweet above and part 3 below.

I understand they are homer broadcasters but they really went overboard there. Calling out the official by name and saying he actively robbed the game from Auburn

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it just means more.

Apr 7, 2019, 4:21 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sports have obscure rules that

Apr 7, 2019, 6:16 AM

Very seldom come into play. You name the sport, they exist. When a violation occurs, as often as not, you're like, 'Did I just see that?'...and the moment is gone. There wasn't a soul in that arena last night that realized it was a double-dribble at exactly the time it happened. There may have been a few of those 'pro golf violation viewers (the ones with no life! ;) ) who caught it.

To get hung up over losing a game on a no-call not a single player on the court knew was a violation is absurd. Now, if it was a Mitchell 'no-call' mugging...then, yeah, I'd be burning the Toomer's Corner toilet paper!

Calling out the official by name is why sports lose officials. It's wrong to do. Period.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sports have obscure rules that

Apr 7, 2019, 10:18 AM

my initial reaction was, "Oh, he lost control dribbling it off himself, but then regained it. I guess that's legal to dribble again." And apparently, that's what the refs did as well.

Re: Auburn radio announcers were really mad

Apr 7, 2019, 8:26 AM

It was clearly a foul

Wow. Stupid rednecks. Auburn was robbed on the no call with

Apr 7, 2019, 9:10 AM

the double dribble. That is what they have a right to be mad about.

But saying crap like "I'd get off the court quick" and "they have to go through the Auburn fans" is trashy, redneck, bush league crap. If I was Auburn those two would be fired. At least Eli Gold is classy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they should be mad at the player that fouled, I mean

Apr 7, 2019, 9:14 AM

He shouldn’t have even been that close. If he was going to bluff block him then have a clue about the situation and jump to the side, or straight up or anything but toward him .

they should be mad at the player that fouled, I mean

Apr 7, 2019, 9:14 AM

He shouldn’t have even been that close. If he was going to bluff block him then have a clue about the situation and jump to the side, or straight up or anything but toward him .

Re: they should be mad at the player that fouled, I mean

Apr 7, 2019, 9:40 AM

I thought the double dribble was what they were mad about.

no they are crying about the foul call

Apr 7, 2019, 9:57 AM

Making it sound like the worst call in uh history of sports, when most tend to think it was indeed a foul.

The double dribble was called out by nobody in real time. Only after they showed the clip after the game was over

Re: no they are crying about the foul call

Apr 7, 2019, 10:20 AM

no, the worst call in sports was the time the refs put time back on the clock for Duke in a game we should have won.

Re: Auburn radio announcers were really mad

Apr 7, 2019, 9:38 AM

It was true. The officials gave the game to VA.

I'm very happy for Auburn fans. I hope the knife was dull

Apr 7, 2019, 9:49 AM

and painful. Now that Louisville has been forced into something of an athletic department reform, Auburn stands alone as the most win-at-all-cost program in all of college athletics. They have no scruples and will hire literally anyone as long as they believe the on-field success justifies the PR hit (and it generally will because of how highly they value the on-field success). It may not ever happen, but if Art Briles were to ever get another HC gig at a P5 school, it would likely be at Auburn.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic