Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Braves in talks with Dallas Kuechel and Craig Kimbrell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Braves in talks with Dallas Kuechel and Craig Kimbrell

May 30, 2019, 10:16 AM

Both wanted astronomical money before season so neither were signed. Now that season is more than 1/3 of the way thru and the BRAVES desperate for any pitching to go with that lineup, should they go after both with rest of the year option or long term, neither is gonna get their asking price, Kimbrell wants 12 million a year to pitch 1 inning on days they lead in the 9th, and Kuechel wants Arrieata type money.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is definitely some interest...

May 30, 2019, 10:37 AM

but even if the Braves can manage to acquire one or both, who knows when Kimbrel or Keuchel would be ready to play. Even if they sign within the next week, they will need time to prepare to join the team.

Honestly I think it's a bit of a pipe dream. The Braves generally maintain a payroll in the $115 to $120 million range so I think it's somewhat unlikely they would be willing to distributing a big multiyear contract to one or both of these guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Braves in talks with Dallas Kuechel and Craig Kimbrell

May 30, 2019, 11:24 AM

If this team could bolster their pitching staff with a mid season acquisition, they have a legitimate shot at making a run in the post season. Unfortunately the current staff doesn’t have the ability to get the Braves past the first round.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2019, 1:53 PM

I want Kimbrel...

Don't care too much about Keuchel...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they need to go after someone who is actually ready to pitch

May 30, 2019, 3:32 PM

Those two have sat out there for this long because of their crazy asking price AND because no one wanted to give up compensation picks. Once the draft is over the compensation picks will be a non factor. Lots of teams will be after them at that point. I still think it’s an issue though that they aren’t game ready.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2019, 8:40 PM

If the Braves are going after one or both, wait until after the draft and move quickly. They should have time to get in shape, throw some AA and AAA innings, then be ready for the after the All Star break push to the post season.

The Braves just need to hang with Philly and be in striking distance.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic