Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
by now i don't really see how any big clemson fan could
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

by now i don't really see how any big clemson fan could

May 7, 2019, 12:54 PM

still pull for the carolina panthers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: by now i don't really see how any big clemson fan could

May 7, 2019, 1:12 PM

I get it's important for some to have former Clemson players on whatever NFL team they pull for, but it's not a requirement for many. Everyone has a right to pull for who they want for whatever reason they want, but I don't see this as any different from someone saying they aren't a Clemson fan because they've never signed any recruits from the high school they went to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2019, 1:20 PM

If there was plenty of talent at your local SC high school and they never get a Clemson offer then you would have a point. I would definitely wonder what Clemson had against that school or that HS coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 7, 2019, 1:25 PM

The NFL is a business and they make business decisions. Seems awfully petty to me to react negatively towards an NFL franchise based on how their lack of Clemson players. Plus...at the end of the day, college or pro..it's just a game.

David Tepper despises everything that Dabo stands for.

May 7, 2019, 1:34 PM

This is no coincidence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

You think the Panthers cut Battle because the new owner

May 7, 2019, 2:54 PM

doesn't like what Dabo stands for?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No. But they did not even let him make it to camp.

May 7, 2019, 4:50 PM

And that would not suprise me at all as part of tepper to make sure he has no Clemson connection.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

May 7, 2019, 2:07 PM

Because they cut a scrub offensive tackle who has been on 4 teams in 4 years and hasn't managed to show enough to get a single snap?

I can understand where you are coming from but

May 7, 2019, 2:31 PM

regardless of a Clemson connection I don't see how anybody can pull for the Panthers. You would have to be a diehard and even then. The Panthers(and the Hornets) are consistently average. That is infuriating. I don't like it when teams tank for the future but at least it shows they are trying to get better. The Panthers don't seem to have what it takes to get better.

Re: I can understand where you are coming from but

May 7, 2019, 2:59 PM

They've made the playoffs 4 out of the last 6 years, made it to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs in 3 of those years, won their division 3 times in that period, and made it to the Super Bowl 4 years ago.

May 7, 2019, 3:12 PM [ in reply to I can understand where you are coming from but ]

I mean if you're only a fan of teams that win or just jump off of your team because they're in a rough stretch, I'm not sure you're much of a fan. I am a diehard Panther fan because I self-started my own football fandom in 1996 when I was 8. Parents weren't interested, internet was non-existent, and we only had local channels. Carolina was on TV every Sunday, so that became my team. I can confirm that being a Panthers fan is extremely frustrating. The franchise has an almost remarkable lack of consistency having never put back-to-back winning seasons together. This past season was one of the most frustrating given that with a 6-2 record at the halfway point, it required a debilitating shoulder injury to Newton and a NFL-record collapse to come out with a 7-9 record. But there are far worse franchises in the NFL. Cleveland has been a joke all the way up at the management level for over a decade. Buffalo, Oakland, Miami, Detroit, Jacksonville, New York Jets, and Tampa Bay have all largely been basement dwellers over that same time period. Carolina swings back and forth, but at least they don't generally stay at the bottom. Regardless of the people on here who can't seem to let some childish grudge go, Cam Newton is a decent person that does a ton of community work and a good football player who has struggled with sub-par receivers, a patchwork offensive line, or both, all while being asked to be the quarterback and primary rushing threat for a team with a fairly unimaginative offense. Last year was the first season he had a decent line, a good set of weapons, and a good offensive coordinator, and his shoulder gave out.

And also regardless of everybody's perceived worldwide vendetta against Clemson, Carolina isn't actively avoiding Clemson players. It's a question of draft position, and team need. Generally Clemson guys have gone before Carolina has had a chance to pick, or the ones that were available were positions that Carolina wasn't actively looking to fill at the time.

May 7, 2019, 9:15 PM

Best post of the day!

Why?***

May 7, 2019, 2:51 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 7, 2019, 9:31 PM

I pull for the other team

May 7, 2019, 9:31 PM

I pull for the other team

the Lions are always looking for new fans

May 7, 2019, 9:44 PM

and playoff wins

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

May 7, 2019, 9:55 PM

Back in the old days i was a Falcons fan. Saw my first NFL game at Fulton County Stadium with Neon Deon in the Falcons D backfield and Evander Holyfield on the sidelines. The Panthers came along and signed and old warrior named Steve Beuerlein who was my guy for whatever reason and i started pulling for the panthers. Then i realized it's a north carolina team no matter what THEY say. So now i just pull for whoever's on my fantasy team.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic