Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
sure I mentioned that I got my Medical MJ card in Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 497

sure I mentioned that I got my Medical MJ card in Florida

Nov 9, 2018, 2:39 PM

It was not as easy, and is certainly not as cool as California. Basically all you can get are concentrates and not much variety. It is also very corporate and clinical, and always takes at least 20 minutes to pick up at the dispensaries.

Any way, point of the story. Most of the people I see there are 60+ and seem to be in some sort of pain or ailing from something. I also see lots of amputees and veterans as well. I would say less than 20% are recreational users like myself. There are also tons of boomers down here that still think it is woodstock. Good to see people are getting what they need from the medical perspective as it is a safe pain killer in high enough of a dose.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You kids don't seem to get it.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN5zw04WxCc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You kids don't seem to get it.

Nov 9, 2018, 2:43 PM

heck, my parents were hippies and still smoke, so I get it.

I quit drugs before I got married.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:29 PM

I didn't want my kids to be stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that sort of the way it's supposed to be?

Nov 9, 2018, 3:53 PM

I guess if you're for recreational legalization, it doesn't really matter.

I'm also not sure that legalization of recreational marijuana will necessarily mean that all forms of marijuana are legal. You can legalize it without legalizing its full commercialization.

As far as the pain stuff goes, there's mixed evidence of the effectiveness. Some doctors don't think it's a good replacement for scientifically-tested and proven painkillers: http://www.cms.org/articles/guest-editorial

None of this is to say that it shouldn't be legal or that there isn't some sort of medical use for the active ingredients in marijuana, just that some of the claims about it being harmless and proven efficacious for almost everything aren't true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isn't that sort of the way it's supposed to be?

Nov 9, 2018, 4:02 PM

That's true but it's effect on seizures and glaucoma are pretty well documented. As for pain relief I don't know, I'd suggest almost anything to avoid opioids. Bite a stick, drink some liquor...anything but opioids

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even opioids aren't the monsters they've been portrayed as

Nov 9, 2018, 4:03 PM

If you use them as prescribed and as needed, you should be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isn't that sort of the way it's supposed to be?

Nov 9, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Isn't that sort of the way it's supposed to be? ]

let's at least stop locking people up for it. But as far as the harms, it is almost impossible to abuse, unless you managed to eat a large quantity, and the health risks are far than less alcohol. I can absolutely attest that it can cause some short term memory loss, but this is temporary and does not persist if you stop using it.

This is kind of like not selling liquor on Sunday.

Nov 9, 2018, 7:27 PM

I've never understand the non legalization of marijuana. It seems like a pointless use of law enforcement to fight this fight. Legalize it, tax the crap out of it, send the taxes to schools. Lower my property taxes.

FWIW, I don't smoke weed at all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is kind of like not selling liquor on Sunday.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:31 PM

Legalize it and open up jail space for these illegal immigrants that rape and kill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is kind of like not selling liquor on Sunday.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to This is kind of like not selling liquor on Sunday. ]

lots of lobbyists with deep pockets; tobacco, alcohol, big pharma, corrections corp, etc...

Replies: 10
| visibility 497
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic