Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tragedy in Aurora, Il
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 4,076

Tragedy in Aurora, Il

Feb 15, 2019, 7:01 PM

7 police officers shot, 2 of which have been airlifted to Chicago trauma centers. 5 dead at scene, shooter was killed. Too much of this is happening. Haven't said if he was a disgruntled employee or not. This was at a manufacturing company that produces small to very large valves. Just said he was a former employee. Prayers for the deceased employees and the police officers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll ask again...

Feb 15, 2019, 7:11 PM

When will it end?...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll ask again...

Feb 15, 2019, 7:13 PM

It won’t

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to I'll ask again... ]

We would all like to know the answer to that question. Seems like a daily occurrence somewhere around the world.

That’s been a question for decades.***

Feb 15, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to I'll ask again... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All we need is love***

Feb 15, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to I'll ask again... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Feb 15, 2019, 8:50 PM [ in reply to I'll ask again... ]

When the media stops portraying all cops as being evil

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And again the answer is “when Jesus returns!”

Feb 16, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to I'll ask again... ]

Man cannot end evil. You can’t legislate it or destroy it! Our hope is in Him and Him alone.

Re: Tragedy in Aurora, Il

Feb 15, 2019, 7:13 PM

He was certainly disgruntled with something.

Feb 15, 2019, 7:16 PM

They just stated he was laid off 2 weeks ago. Apparently he had a police record and was under a court ordered protection order for awhile from the same woman. They are at his apartment now with a robot.

Feb 15, 2019, 7:34 PM

I own weapons and speaking as such there are sadly far too many whackadoodles out there with guns.

Background checks, mental fitness exams will always fall short in this area as nobody can predict who is gonna wake up and have a Falling Down kinda day. One can declare a ban, there are what 300 million ( not sure if this number is correct going off memory) privately owned firearms, even if you get 75% compliance especially if there are no records of ownership I would be surprised. That still leaves an incredible number of guns out there.

As a gun owner I do wish the whackadoodles would stop or die off as they do give those that use guns for sport and hobby a bad name. I would say at minimum there should be a National registry, National background checks, 2 week mandatory waiting periods, mental health holds eliminates the right to own, spousal abuse too. It will not stop or solve many shootings but maybe enough to matter.

infringement***

Feb 15, 2019, 7:44 PM

Re: infringement***

Feb 15, 2019, 7:48 PM

Not really, the 2nd says nothing about certain lawless or mentally ill being able to own weapons and that argument would not hold up well in a Court.

there are already laws against those

Feb 15, 2019, 8:03 PM

try again

Re: there are already laws against those

Feb 15, 2019, 8:08 PM

No, not nationally so maybe you try again.

illinois has very strict gun laws

Feb 15, 2019, 8:14 PM

try again

Re: illinois has very strict gun laws

Feb 15, 2019, 8:18 PM

So do several others, that does not make it required across all States. Pointing to one simply shows you have no valid argument.

sorry that you do not understand the definition

Feb 15, 2019, 8:23 PM

of infringement and the fact that illinois already has the restrictions that you desire

"Owners must seek a Chicago firearms permit, which requires firearms training, a background check and a state-mandated firearm owner’s identification card, which requires a different background review for felonies and mental illness. To prevent straw buyers from selling or giving their weapons to people who would not meet the restrictions — girlfriends buying guns for gang members is a common problem, the police here say — the city requires permitted gun owners to report their weapons lost, sold or stolen."

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us/strict-chicago-gun-laws-cant-stem-fatal-shots.html

Re: sorry that you do not understand the definition

Feb 15, 2019, 8:36 PM

You do not get that i am speaking to National laws and States that do not require those items for checks. Also it seems you lack the knowledge that spousal abuse may not be classified as a felony. You also fail to grasp that a mental hold does not trigger a weapon seizure after passing original checks in all States. Many have no laws on spousal abuse to boot.

As I said, it will not stop all or even a majority but one must admit what we are doing is not working , so you stand there as argue over one States laws, eventually there will be enough people tired of the carnage to actually get a repeal.

you want to repeal the 2nd, finally the truth sets you free

Feb 15, 2019, 8:40 PM

read current events of venezuela

Re: you want to repeal the 2nd, finally the truth sets you free

Feb 15, 2019, 9:08 PM

Or closer to home, look up what it would take to remove the 2nd amendment. There is little odds no chance. Better option is to monitor people that mentally unstable and deny them the right to own any lethal items including knives, poisons, ropes, blunt objects, explosives, motor vehicles,etc. I'm sure I'm missing some, but you get the drift.

its tough, to squeeze around the 2nd, you have to dip your

Feb 15, 2019, 9:21 PM

toes into violation of the 4th, like the stop-n-frisk in new york

Re: you want to repeal the 2nd, finally the truth sets you free

Feb 15, 2019, 10:54 PM [ in reply to you want to repeal the 2nd, finally the truth sets you free ]

I saw that BS hidden in his recounting of the story, nice job exposing the LIAR-

Feb 15, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Tragedy in Aurora, Il ]

Don't have to be a gun owner to do this. A person gets pissed for whatever reason, thinks the world owes hi something, or whatever he goes steals a gun and kills people because he is gonna get even with this or that. 99.9% of gum owners would never harm others intentionally. The other.001 would have to be pushed extremely far and then most will not do this! But criminals and this guy had a record a mile long, with restraining orders against him, so probably should have had his guns taken already. If he was a felon he was already breaking the law but we see that was not one of his worries!

Feb 15, 2019, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Tragedy in Aurora, Il ]

null

Message was edited by: Illnoistiger®

Feb 15, 2019, 8:25 PM

Wow!! I’m only 30 minutes away.

it won’t end until Jesus returns to take out the trash.***

Feb 15, 2019, 8:42 PM

Feb 15, 2019, 8:55 PM

Only if there is a way to control it. Oh wait, every other developed country has more strict gun control law doesn’t have nearly as many as massive spottings compared to US. When the last massive shotting occurred in Aussie about two decades ago, Australia enforced a strict gun law and no massive shotting ever since. I wonder how did that happen? To unser the ultimate question: no, it is not because of guns, it is because of people! You people allow these kind of tragedy to happen.

except we are a republic and the 2nd was part of the deal

Feb 15, 2019, 9:01 PM

there are legal means for repeal, so go for it

Re: except we are a republic and the 2nd was part of the deal

Feb 15, 2019, 9:09 PM

Except that useless dogma is cause way more death than there ever needs to be and no one is gaining any thing except to fulfill your pathological love to some human slaughtering machines. Wait untill your love ones to be affected by this if there are any.

sprinkle in some facts with your emotions

Feb 15, 2019, 9:15 PM

gun control has lead to the murder of millions, change my mind

Re: sprinkle in some facts with your emotions

Feb 15, 2019, 9:26 PM

You know just like that gun control bring us World War II and human being ended it with unlimited supply of weapons to civilian. And it will eventually happen again because German government bring that gun law back again. Sure, I’m emotional about this and you should be too if you ever cared about any other people on this planet. But before making some statements like that, try some reasoning because it doesn’t make any sense.

hitler started gun confiscation from Jews in 1933

Feb 15, 2019, 9:36 PM

expanded it to the general population in 1938

is this what you want for us?

"In 1933, the ultimate extremist group, led by Adolf Hitler, seized power and used the records to identify, disarm, and attack political opponents and Jews. Constitutional rights were suspended, and mass searches for and seizures of guns and dissident publications ensued. Police revoked gun licenses of Social Democrats and others who were not “politically reliable.”"

https://www.nationalreview.com/2013/12/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook/

Re: hitler started gun confiscation from Jews in 1933

Feb 15, 2019, 9:46 PM

No, I want us to be all good and dramatically decrease the rate of gun related crime rate in a well developed democratic political entity like the United States of America with a fully functioning capability to check and balance the power of government based the generals opinions of people today in 2019.

with a government like this...

Feb 15, 2019, 9:50 PM

"government based the generals opinions of people today in 2019"

you had better be armed

Re: with a government like this...

Feb 15, 2019, 9:57 PM

And if you are too afraid to admit that is the right thing to do, the younger generation will wait untill their voice matters. Because your opinion matters in a democratic entity which will prevent the dawn of Hilter not uncontrolled weapons. It will happen unquestionably, the only difference between now and then is the possibility of any member in our society to encounter a gun crime, best wishes to you and your family members to never ever need to face a tragic situation like that unlike some other less fortunate persons.

Re: hitler started gun confiscation from Jews in 1933

Feb 15, 2019, 9:53 PM [ in reply to hitler started gun confiscation from Jews in 1933 ]

And if you are too afraid to admit that is the right thing to do, the younger generation will wait untill their voice matters. Because your opinion matters in a democratic entity which will prevent the dawn of Hilter It will happen unquestionably, the only difference between now and then is the possibility of any member in our society to

Chicago has some of the tightest gun control laws in the US

Feb 16, 2019, 8:55 AM

This ain't about gun control

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool

Feb 16, 2019, 9:16 AM

The Flower Power Gang versus The Gundamentalists .
Man , It's been almost ten minutes since the last stalemated argument-thread on this very played-out subject .
Has anyone convinced the other side to change their point of view ?
I often think that the people who involve themselves in this rhetoric , who slap the bumper stickers all over their cars and feel the need to pontificate on such have nothing else going on in their lives ... that this type of action is their only release from the madness we call normalcy .
Give it a rest , beefers .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 38
| visibility 4,076
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic