Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
question about scheduling an uber ride
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,819

question about scheduling an uber ride

Nov 7, 2018, 3:35 PM

I'm in the chas area and the wife and I amtrakking south to new Smyrna very early tomorrow. I need a 4 am uber to the Amtrak station..long story why, but there is no parking allowed at the Amtrak station.. I've used uber many times, w/o issues..so, being a civil engineer by nature and training (leary of finding an uber at 345am), I decided to schedule that ride..my updated uber app tells me I can do so, but has thus far refused to provide an avenue for doing so.

any uber aficionados that know where that side door is?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: question about scheduling an uber ride

Nov 7, 2018, 3:46 PM

Charlestonian here - I've never "scheduled" an Uber, and I don't know what side door you're talking about - but I use Uber often, and usually it's to catch extremely early flights. I've never had a problem grabbing an Uber at 3-5am. Two weeks ago, I had to catch one to get from MP to the airport at 3:30ish am. Had the Uber in my driveway in less than 5 mins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I work in Charleston a lot and use them at all hours

Nov 7, 2018, 3:47 PM

you'll be fine.... just be ready to go earlier than you need it... give yourself about a 30 minute cushion, and go on the app and grab one when you're ready. You'll be fine.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Nov 7, 2018, 3:56 PM

Type in your destination, then at the bottom where it says "Confirm UberX", click the button next to that. It looks like a car with a clock next to it. Schedule your time on the next screen.

Nov 7, 2018, 4:00 PM

My major Scheduling has been on a Saturday or a Sunday Morning for an early Departure. I have tried to pre-schedule and actually went to bed with no scheduled Ride. So I got up early and tried to hail a ride and when they did come on-line around 6 AM they were about 30 minutes away. I wound up just driving and parking in the garage. But for other than early morning flights I have no issues with Uber or Lyft. I have found that Lyft seems to be just a step above as far as quality of Vehicles and cleanliness!

Nov 7, 2018, 5:15 PM

Ah Uber...I've always got a story and this reminds me of my Uber story, something to keep in mind if Ubering.

We flew into Heathrow last year and requested an Uber to our hotel. So we can see the driver approaching on the app. He pulls up, says a few words, helps stow our luggage, we hop in and take off. After going a ways, his phone alerts him he didn't pickup his people. So apparently two Ubers pulled up at the same time and we got into the wrong one. He booted us out on the street, so we called our driver who was nice enough to wait about 5 minutes for us to run back where he was waiting.

Word of advice when Ubering, always confirm you're getting into the right car.

Nov 7, 2018, 5:42 PM

I have scheduled an Uber ahead of time, to catch an early am flight, it was a no show. App kept saying he was on the way but nobody ever showed. Happened twice, Each time was before 5 am.

I scheduled 2 last week and had no trouble. One in the afternoon and one 6 am to catch a flight.

My point is have a plan B for the early am scheduled ones.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 5:46 PM

I’ve only had good experiences with Scheduled rides. Plan to be outside early, ready to flag down your über and also, schedule the über 30mins prior to when you’d ideally like to leave (or 30mins prior to the must depart by xyz time).

Safe Travels

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 4:56 AM

Thx, guys..uber’d over w/o incident..’ppreciate the info..go tiguhs!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Nov 8, 2018, 4:56 AM

Thx, guys..uber’d over w/o incident..’ppreciate the info..go tiguhs!!

GoTiguhs!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,819
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic