Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
pUNT COVERAGE RULES
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

pUNT COVERAGE RULES

Nov 10, 2018, 9:53 PM

I thought the ball was dead when TOUCHED by the coverage team. Has this rule changed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s never been the rule

Nov 10, 2018, 9:55 PM

The ball is live until possessed by the kicking team, it stops moving, it goes out of bounds, or the receiving team player gets the ball and is tackled

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s never been the rule

Nov 10, 2018, 9:57 PM

thanks for the education

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s never been the rule

Nov 10, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to It’s never been the rule ]

I think you’re wrong. If that was the case then why wouldn’t the punting team try to bat the ball into someone on the recieving team every punt?

The ball can not be muffed by the recieving team AFTER it has made contact with the kicking team. It can be picked up and run like BC did early in the game, but if it had hit that BC player and we jumped on it, it would be BC ball at the point where our player initially touched the ball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

simple

Nov 10, 2018, 10:03 PM

because once the kicking team touches the ball the receiving team can ALWAYS take the ball at the point of being touched no matter what happens afterwards. It’s why the returner can safely grab the ball after it being touched by the kicking team and not care if he’s gonna potentially fumble it, because no matter what happens afterwards the receiving team can always opt to take the ball at the point of first contact by the kicking tram.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: simple

Nov 10, 2018, 10:08 PM

This. But the punt returner is supposed to get 1 yd in front between the shoulders, so it was interference on the much even without the contact!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely on that play

Nov 10, 2018, 10:11 PM

The only difference between kick catch interference with and without contact is the penalty yardage (5vs15).

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic