Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, at least Trump is not as bad as this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 597

Well, at least Trump is not as bad as this

Jul 23, 2019, 8:59 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/23/africa/boris-johnson-africa-intl/index.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, at least Trump is not as bad as this

Jul 23, 2019, 9:10 PM

He looks like a 1990s Gary Busey playing Donald Trump. Either way, two idiots in a pod.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jul 23, 2019, 9:17 PM

Pre crash Busey? Seems like maybe with some of what he says when he lets the inside voice out for all to hear it is post crash

Jul 23, 2019, 9:26 PM

Looked it up ,90’s Busey is post crash.

Johnson isn't really comparable to Trump***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, at least Trump is not as bad as this ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2019, 10:08 PM

It appears some, if not most of those 'racial slurs,' were about the same as Biden's. Insensitive but not particularly slanderous or racist unless weighed by today's standards.

BJ will be good for the Brits. I've noticed how badly Brits have needed a BJ since my childhood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2019, 10:12 PM

Given the snagle toothed nation it may be for the best.

He is the results of the same movement to nationalism as...

Jul 23, 2019, 10:24 PM

put Trump in the Whitehouse. The people have spoken and the liberal media is pissed off about what the people said making the same accusations about BJ that they've made about Trump. I expect a BJ balloon baby in the making right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is the results of the same movement to nationalism as...

Jul 23, 2019, 10:28 PM

My reply was more to the use of BJ, which in some connotations, well you get the idea. Brits are notoriously famous for bad teeth, not some you really want when , well you get the idea.

Jul 23, 2019, 10:35 PM [ in reply to He is the results of the same movement to nationalism as... ]

you act as if this reactionary nationalism is a good thing, as if it is even necessary. The forces that put trump into office are 40 years of failed neo liberal policies, amplified under Reagan and Thatcher, that has squeezed working Americans to the point to where they have lost all faith in the system and in our institutions. This is a dangerous time for humanity. The Dooms day clock has been set at 2 minutes to midnight, the last time it was set 2 minutes to midnight was in 1953 when both the US and Russia began testing nuclear weapons.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a good time for humanity?

Jul 23, 2019, 10:47 PM

It's the safest time to live in most places on the planet.

It's the time of the lowest global poverty ever.

Less than 10% of global youth can't read right now....the globe is at it's highest level of education ever.

There are things I'm not crazy about in modern society, and trends I see forming that I'm not a fan of, but "dangerous time for humanity" is just straight hyperbole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2019, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: He is the results of the same movement to nationalism as... ]

Not sure who you are blaming as the past 40 year are split relatively equally between the Dems and Pubs. Me, I blame them both as neither side works for the average citizen. One side just does a better job of pretending it cares.

I am blaming policy.

Jul 23, 2019, 10:56 PM

both parties are responsible, yes. Both threw the working man under the bus long ago. Our system is in need of radical, structural changes or the outcomes could be dire. Isolationism and austerity are not the answers.

Obed, your eyes are closed, this much I know.

To think that life as we know it is on the verge of ending

Jul 23, 2019, 11:06 PM

and that the "working man" is about to be permanently enslaved is about the least "open eyed" thing I've heard in a while and pretty much ignores the entirety of human existence.

All that's required is to hop off the Internet and all forms of media for a week or two and you're regain the knowledge that it's a pretty fantastic time to be alive on this planet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To think that life as we know it is on the verge of ending

Jul 23, 2019, 11:30 PM

While for a lot of folks that would be true Obed but when you look at stuff like this it does make one go hmmmm. Just saying that it may not be so great for this group.

https://fortune.com/2019/01/29/americans-liquid-asset-poor-propserity-now-report/

There are many reasons for this and some that people have discomfort discussing but you gotta figure folks in this subset of the population are not entirely happy campers.

are you kidding? They're happier than pigs in mud right now

Jul 23, 2019, 11:39 PM

Many are one check away from poverty because of poor spending decisions...their investments and savings suffer because they're buying what they want, when they want it. Dave Ramsey isn't rich because so many Americans are awesome budgeters/savers.

I personally know people with household incomes of $200k+ who would fall into the statistics outlined in the article.

Virtually NONE of these people are unhappy in this current economy. It only hurts when things go south. Being one paycheck away from poverty isn't so scary when another paycheck is so easily obtained.

Re: are you kidding? They're happier than pigs in mud right now

Jul 23, 2019, 11:56 PM

Obed, for those you know at $200k all I can say is that ignorance is bliss till the chit hits the fan.

on that we agree completely.***

Jul 24, 2019, 12:08 AM

Re: I am blaming policy.

Jul 23, 2019, 11:17 PM [ in reply to I am blaming policy. ]

We may disagree on the radical part but a party formed of the vast majority of the population within 10% of dead nut center would be a great place to start. We swing like a pendulum every 4-8 years and actually accomplish nothing in terms of long term planning or fixes. SS is due to run a deficit late this year or next and run through the Trust by 2034 and no matter who is in office nothing is done, EO’s signed by pen stoke only to be undone by the next office holder. Say what you want about Old Joe, he does grasp that to get things done one compromise with the other side or individuals you may have philosophical differences.

Even when one side held The Presidency, Senate ,House andnothing has gotten done, both have held this position so I am left to assume neither side really wants to do anything.

Jul 23, 2019, 11:41 PM

they are incapable of doing anything because of or campaign finance laws. Bob Inglis is a great example.

Jul 24, 2019, 7:12 AM

Read up a bit on Inglis , he lost due to being on one side of several key issues that the voters did not like. One can debate whether he was right or they were but I did not see how campaign finance laws lost him the election.

I know your side screams over Citizen's United but in truth it just counters the Union money the Dem side gets, without any approval from Union members . Neither side has clean hands on that issue at all and both sides money is not clean nor represents the best interests of the Country. I want both sides dirty money removed yet when a segment scream about only 1 sides money I smell hypocrites. Old Bernie is a prime example of this .

Only way around it is to do away with private funding and use public monies for elections. Question is at what level do we only fund with public money? President,Senate and House? DO we move to the State levels with the Govenor and State Houses? How about DA's ,Judges and Sheriff's? That is a whole big list of elected officials that would need funded and would likely be far too expensive for the taxpayers to swallow.

In turth 2 years of campaigning is just silly, far too long . Nomination time should be 3 months and general election should be 3 months for being out pressing the flesh. Most of the clods already have a job we are paying them to do(not getting done cause their busy).

Jul 23, 2019, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, at least Trump is not as bad as this ]

Come on now 88, I am not in the slightest a PC SJW but that is undeniably racist. You gotta go further back in time for those quotes not to be considered racist than today.

Johnson is much more intelligent

Jul 24, 2019, 12:57 PM

He at least knows something about politics and policy. While the comments he made were certainly insensitive, nearly all of them were made while deriding somebody else's views.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 597
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic