Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots come to reality
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Coots come to reality

Apr 17, 2019, 2:39 PM

And it's quite funny

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/when-will-the-recruiting-success-translate.296441/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man i hardly recognize that fan base... wheres the delusion

Apr 17, 2019, 2:51 PM

wheres the irrational crowing, wheres the forced superiority complex? Did Clemson finally break their will? At the moment they're basically the Good to Great version of gamecock football, historically speaking. I mean, 7/8 win team in that city used to have the coots on Cloud Nine. Now its ho hum we finally realized we suk and always have but..man...

I think the Spurrier Experiment broke them. He brought them to the precipice of legitimacy and then dropped them like a bad habit after he learned how much suk eventually is waiting to pull you back down in Columbia. He learned it wasn't worth it.

...and it sounds like our feathered neighbors are learning the same lesson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"recruiting success"????***

Apr 17, 2019, 3:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I found that to be a fact free statement too.

Apr 17, 2019, 5:15 PM

nm

Re: Coots come to reality

Apr 17, 2019, 3:15 PM

The coots have been neutered. Surprisingly, we did not do it.

They got BLANKED by Virginia.

And they are worried about recruiting.

If there wasn't a more opportune time to get rid of Muscoot and Co after that performance, then I don't know.

Granted, a bad loss in a bowl isn't the end of the world. The coot just did not show up or care. Muscoot lost the locker room, before, during and after the game.

Fans are worried about recruiting. No wonder the lose so often.

Apr 17, 2019, 3:19 PM

Just so far from their rhetoric of norm.

It's always a combination of hilarity, but they typically pump that sunshine. These posters actually call that out directly

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 3:39 PM

I would chalk it up to it being April. They are only extremely drunk during lent. Dials them back.

I think that their decent showing against us and then being blanked by UVA caused a rip in the logic/sobriety window that allowed them to comprehend their 2019 schedule. That, and they see both UF and Tenn rising, Kentucky doing well, and they are noting their current position in their league. They ain't go no future just a lot to endure.

Apr 17, 2019, 3:52 PM

It's disappointing. I don't want them to decide that Muschump is not a great coach.

Apr 17, 2019, 4:02 PM

Coots come to reality? That's giving them too much credit. They look at their having the Number One toughest schedule as somewhat of a compliment while, in fact, it denotes just how far they are behind their opponents. On the other hand they look at our strength of schedule, which is a high number, and remark, "Clemson has an easy schedule". When a team is an elite program, one would expect that team to be head and shoulders above most of their opponents. If a 15 - 0 record is an indication of strength of schedule, we did have an easy schedule, including the defeat of the pride of the SEC.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 6:41 PM

Joe, you’ve been around longer than most. Were the South Carolina fans always delusional and obnoxious? I can only go back to the mid 70’s, and it has been true at least that long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...without question or exception...

Apr 17, 2019, 7:15 PM

u of 5c fans have ALWAYS BEEN the most mouthy, ignorant and deluded fans in all of college athletics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yes...without question or exception...

Apr 17, 2019, 8:01 PM

No offense, but that question was directed at Joe, because he’s seen it for almost a century. He is uniquely qualified to give us a long term perspective.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it’s gone from “wait till next year” to

Apr 17, 2019, 4:29 PM

“Wait till 2 years”?

Their 2020 schedule will still have BAMA, Clemson, UGA, Texas A&M, UF, and Kentucky, they will have back to back losing seasons.

Apr 17, 2019, 4:42 PM

I've always thought the though of Spurrier screwing them over with recruiting is overstated. If you look back then I don't think any of his last few recruiting classes were ranked outside the top 25. Even if you conclude that some of those players were overrated then they still should have at least enough talent to compete with a team like Kentucky. I also think they overstate how well Muschamp is recruiting. They've gotten a few highly rated guys under Muschamp, but they did that under Spurrier and Holtz as well.

Also, it's hard to claim that Muschamp is a great coach, and also a great recruiter and still be using the talent excuse 3-4 years into his tenure. His first class of guys would've been Juniors last year, and it was his 3rd year coaching the 4th and 5th year players on the roster. Just how in the heck is the depth and talent so low then?

Their reality is they got 8!tc# slapped 28 snap...

Apr 17, 2019, 5:15 PM

by a middling UVa team (a UVa team that lost to 5 - 7 Indiana) in some meaningless third-tier bowl game and now they are staring straight down the barrel at their own 5-7 season, at best, in 2019 and 2020.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 17, 2019, 6:24 PM

Give em time,by the start of the season they’ll be predicting 10 wins at the minimum!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic