Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tuanigamanuolepola
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Tuanigamanuolepola

May 14, 2019, 7:07 PM

So do you guys think he will rebound this year? He kinda has something to prove this year after how last year ended? I don't think he will be a top Heisman contender by the end of the year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Playing weak SEC defenses makes you look good, but when

May 14, 2019, 7:08 PM

you finally play a real defense you get hammered

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playing weak SEC defenses makes you look good, but when

May 14, 2019, 7:23 PM

Tua has been pretty impressive so far in his College career. The one poor game he has had, was when facing a D-Line of NFL calibre (see the 2019 Draft for details). Very few Sophomores could have handled that.

Now you could argue that this is proof that he will struggle to cut it in the NFL. Or you can argue that he has another year (possibly two) in which to improve and be ready to meet the challenge at the next level.

Personally, I think his stock has been damaged, but if he has a good year, I still expect him to be the first QB drafted in 2020. However, I'm not sure how much he can improve, and would expect him be an average NFL QB at best; and more likely, one of those who struggle, yet somehow manage to scrape a career and living in the NFL.

May 14, 2019, 7:33 PM

Very few sophomores could have handled that, but I know a freshman that handled it! TL

May 14, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Playing weak SEC defenses makes you look good, but when ]

Just think, if Clemson played in the SEC Alabama would have to pull for Clemson in the next National Championship and Tua would be a scrub quaterback.

May 14, 2019, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Playing weak SEC defenses makes you look good, but when ]

The two interceptions in the NCG weren't caused by our DL pressure , those were both on Tua . He had a tough time with pre-snap reads all game , and he made bad decisions on both throws that were picked off .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Tuanigamanuolepola

May 14, 2019, 7:40 PM

Tua has only seen one decent defense other than the Tigers. He has a difficult time reading defenses when they're disguised. The only way he wins the Heisman is if Bama goes undefeated and wins the SEC, neither of which I see happening this year. I think they lose one in the regular season and if they make it to the SEC championship, they lose to East winner. JMHO.

May 14, 2019, 10:02 PM

All season long Tuatungaviloba was playing catch with Gerry Judy while the opposing defenses were watching. Until he went up against Clemson. Then he started playing catch with the Tiger defense. Honestly, I was not terribly impressed by what I saw in the National Championship game. Almost lost a fumble too. Only moved the ball when the 'Bama runners were carrying the rock. Much to improve upon. Did not appear to be terribly mobile either. Hurting? Don't know. Then again, that Tiger defense wasn't going to let anyone beat them. Who does he start against, Duke? 38-3 at halftime and let the Heistman talk begin. Ugh.

Is this a tennis post?***

May 14, 2019, 7:41 PM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Is this a tennis post?***

May 14, 2019, 8:33 PM

No......yes.........no.........yes.........no

Re: Is this a tennis post?***

May 15, 2019, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Is this a tennis post?*** ]

No .... Don’t see any T.I.P. .......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Trevor meat *

May 14, 2019, 8:23 PM

Nm

Making fun of Tua’s name when we just got a Polynesian commitment

May 14, 2019, 8:31 PM

Genius take right there.

making fun?

May 14, 2019, 8:34 PM

That's his actual full name. Look it up

Re: making fun?

May 14, 2019, 8:56 PM

T_I_P said:

That's his actual full name. Look it up

Yes, that's his name, but the fact that no one uses it, not even himself, comes across like you were being condescending or making fun of the fact that that's his name. Before you go calling people snowflake or sensitive, how about just understand why it's questionable instead of fighting for the right to make fun of the guy.

Honestly not my intent to make fun

May 14, 2019, 9:11 PM

He doesn't use his full name because it's quite long And everyone would struggle to pronounce it. But it's not like he doesn't want to be named that. I saw the video where his family friend/pastor pronounces the full name and refers to him as that sometimes. I'm sure his full name is not forgotten amongst his family.

I used his full name because I don't think many people are aware of it since it's never used and just thought of it as an interesting fact about him.

Also I have been saying on here for a while that we as Clemson fans need to learn how to properly pronounce Uiagalelei and not just be ok with butchering it for 4 years and laughing about it.

Re: making fun?

May 14, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: making fun? ]

Oh so woke. Nobody’s making fun of Tua or his name. It’s not your place to instruct or lecture adults about what they may say or think. OP was neither disrespectful or condescending.

May 14, 2019, 9:56 PM

I love TL and the Tigers and hope they blow out Bama again. Having said that, the reality is he was hurt last year and had no movement to get away when rushed. I'll believe he's average when he's not hurt and playing poorly.

He’s broken. ***

May 14, 2019, 9:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The SEC defenses aren't good against a spread pass attack

May 14, 2019, 11:06 PM

It's not the norm to them and a lot of their teams still run offenses that are really easy to defend.

Florida, GA, miss st, LSU, etc..

Tua isnt bad. I think he'll have a great year unless all of a sudden the SEC gets after him with more complex schemes and coverage disguises.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, he’s a great player and will bounce back.

May 14, 2019, 11:33 PM

I thought he should’ve won the Heisman last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, he’s a great player and will bounce back.

May 15, 2019, 12:06 AM

He didn't win it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, Kyler Murray did.

May 15, 2019, 8:22 AM

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-12-08/heisman-trophy-2018-winner-kyler-murray-tua-tagovailoa-dwayne-haskins

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 15, 2019, 12:53 AM

Most of us have heard Tua supposedly struggled during spring practice sessions and his spring game performance was off a bit. Makes one wonder.

I believe he will bounce back and be fine, especially since Alabama's receivers are crazy good. They have so many weapons it's ridiculous (like the Tigers).

Tua should easily be a Heisman finalist. TL will be also if he plays long enough during blowouts but I expect Chase will get plenty of mop duty. It's also possible Travis will improve on last year and attract attention away from TL.

Tua is my early Heisman favorite. If it weren't for Travis, I'd make TL the co-favorite. Who knows, maybe he AND Travis are finalists this year.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic