Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long before Chad Morris gets fired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

How long before Chad Morris gets fired

Oct 20, 2019, 8:57 AM

They stink

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long before Chad Morris gets fired

Oct 20, 2019, 9:03 AM

My guess is that they won't keep him around long enough to change the program. Hope he doesn't wind up at FSU; he could pose a threat with the athletes that they have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

keeping him around 10 years or more waiting for him

Oct 20, 2019, 9:11 AM

to change the program might not be a good idea. He has a horrible coaching record and doesn't appear to be a leader. He will be a coordinator soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 9:07 AM

I think he gets 2 more seasons. I think he needs a couple more seasons. He walked into a tough situation and it takes time. I bet they are a little better next season.

SMU got a whole lot better after Morris left***

Oct 20, 2019, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SMU got a whole lot better after Morris left***

Oct 20, 2019, 9:25 AM

I noticed that myself. Undefeated SMU. Crazy.

His record at SMU

Oct 20, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to SMU got a whole lot better after Morris left*** ]

2-10, 5-7, 7-5. The program was a disaster before he arrived, and he turned it around.

Didn't Jerry Jones, Arkie's biggest booster

say Chad would get the full 4 years to flip the roster?

Fatboy had turned Arkansas into a slowassssed BIG 10 team. Arkansas wasn't loaded like what Willie took over @ FSU

when were they GOOD before he got there

I mean , I can't remember

null

Oct 20, 2019, 9:34 AM

The kind of change he is making, from power run to spread.. I think they knew it would not be a 2 year rebuild. BB left them in shambles. I would think you would want to show some progress next year or seat could get hot... not win the west or anything.. just get out of the basement.

He has through at least next season

Oct 20, 2019, 9:34 AM

I will assume they go winless in SEC play this year. So effectively they will be starting from the bottom.

Just needs to have a few victories over other bottom dwelling SEC teams next year to to keep his job.

Basing this on no personal knowledge and zero familiarity with the Arkansas fan base - I would think they continue to give him time since Arkansas has not been relevant since Jerry Jones played for them (and that was pre-SEC).

They are the SCAR or the West but without dellusion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 10:40 AM

Chad is not a good head coach. He should be fired today. Keeping him on is dumb.

I’m not really sure what he’s done that should signal improvement.

Oct 20, 2019, 10:59 AM

I keep reading about what a bad situation he stepped into and how he deserves time to install his system, but if I were an Arkansas fan I would still expect to see some flashes of success or signs of improvement. I haven’t really seen that there, unless you want to hang your hat on what seems to be improved recruiting.

The reality is that Chad has yet to beat a power 5 team as a head coach. That goes for his time at SMU as well as at Arkansas thus far. What has he done as a head coach to suggest that he knows what he’s doing? I just don’t see it.

I hope he turns things around, but as you said, they are a bad team. I’m not sure he will be there beyond this season unless they show some real progress the last half of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Chad is the 2nd worst HC in power 5 football

Oct 20, 2019, 11:02 AM

Taggart is 1st.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic