Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This morning while at Jiffy Lube...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

This morning while at Jiffy Lube...

May 8, 2019, 11:41 AM

The technician was having trouble getting the filter off. I’m not a professional mechanic, but I let him know pretty quick that he was an idiot. I raised my voice and stood right over his shoulder, yelling that he needed to get his crap together. I also told the manager that he was an idiot, and that at no time had I ever been so disappointed in an oil change. The manager told me the tech had always done an awesome job and his references were impeccable, but that just convinced me the manager was a bigger idiot than I originally thought. When he asked why I had never complained before, or if I had any ideas for how they could improve, I told them they had always done good work in the past, but I don’t congratulate people for doing their jobs well, and they needed to do a better job of not being idiots in the future.

Sometimes you just have to put heat on folks to get them to do their jobs correctly. The other customers in the lobby just stared at me, probably because they were glad someone said what they were all thinking, but were just too scared, or dumb, to say it themselves.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: This morning while at Jiffy Lube...

May 8, 2019, 11:50 AM

B.B. approves this message.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow this is an inspiring story. I think you maybe left the

May 8, 2019, 11:51 AM

Most important detail. Were they dawg fans or chickens working at the Jiffy lube?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.

May 8, 2019, 12:02 PM

I appreciate it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 8, 2019, 11:55 AM

Will you go back there for a lube job ?

May 8, 2019, 11:56 AM

So basically.....

You change oil at the local jiffy lube.
Some dude calls you out for being stupid.
You write all of this while you’re on your break.
You hate life because you work at jiffy lube.

May 8, 2019, 12:03 PM

They were staring at you for other reasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL

electric cars require oil changes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Wow. You would be a great boss or coach. I think you may have found your calling.

May 8, 2019, 12:07 PM

Nothing like a good lube job...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 12:07 PM

Someone has to ask, may as well be me...Is this real?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 12:09 PM

Very good FM. Personally I like to yell at bag boys at grocery stores when they put items in the wrong bag. Yesterday one but my box of Zingers in with my rotisserie chicken. I shouted "don't you know that a hot chicken will melt the chocolate on the Zingers?" I am an ex-bag boy so I should know!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 12:26 PM

Seems like you and bob had a falling out and you are taking it out on some poor oil jocky

Message was edited by: JayTheHitManHart®

May 8, 2019, 12:28 PM

That's so crazy you had to go through all of that. Thoughts and prayers.

May 8, 2019, 12:35 PM

I would check your oil plug of i were you..

Car lol...***

May 8, 2019, 12:36 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 12:54 PM

Francis - I think you have to be a professional mechanic before you can know ...... oh ... well .... never mind ....

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

You would think. ***

May 8, 2019, 12:55 PM

May 8, 2019, 2:04 PM

Just go to Walmart next time they have the best of the best working there. Only qualified techs are hired there and while they are lubing your car you can find a dude to lube you later on.

if you want it done right and cheap, do it yourself.***

May 8, 2019, 2:24 PM

I agree 100%.***

May 8, 2019, 2:29 PM

Re: I agree 100%.***

May 8, 2019, 4:10 PM

But then .... you have to yell at yourself.... when you can’t get the filter off !! -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Most people haven't had nearly as much experience as you

May 8, 2019, 3:47 PM

with lube jobs. I'm surprised you were so hard on him.

P.S. You need to check your plug. Bet he left a little surprise for you.

May 8, 2019, 3:54 PM

Why would someone have to drive all the way to jiffy lube to have the oil changed on a moped?

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic