Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Clemson being setup with all of this Notre Dame bashing?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Is Clemson being setup with all of this Notre Dame bashing?

Dec 11, 2018, 1:26 PM

I mean it's like the media is trying to get the Irish worked up into a frenzy about how bad they're going to get their butt's best by the Tigers.

I wish they would stop of this, preferably making the Tigers an 11 point underdog to the Irish.

There is way too much motivation in the Irish locker room right now, and Clemson's coaches had better figure out a way to combat all of this overconfidence that the media is broadcasting from getting into the player's heads.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Thank you for being focused on the ND game

Dec 11, 2018, 1:28 PM

leftie approves your post

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Is Clemson being setup with all of this Notre Dame bashing?

Dec 11, 2018, 1:30 PM

We play Notre Dame. We win, we go on and play the winner of Bama/OU.
We lose we go home.
How complicated is that? Why compare apples to oranges?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

ND doesn't belong on the same field as Clemson. Shameful

Dec 11, 2018, 1:35 PM

that we couldn't play a real team like UGA in Dallas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm... This is the kind of overconfidence that will do the Tigers in***

Dec 11, 2018, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Hmmm... This is the kind of overconfidence that will do the Tigers in***

Dec 11, 2018, 1:41 PM

You are absolutely right. Dabo must want to vomit when he sees this garbaqe.

BAHAHAHAHAHHAA!! "Real team like UGA" that's a good one.

Nov 2, 2022, 2:34 PM [ in reply to ND doesn't belong on the same field as Clemson. Shameful ]

Dec 11, 2018, 1:39 PM

ND is a big, powerful talented team. Our running our mouths about how bad we are going to beat them plays right into their coach's pocket. It's only a small minority of our fan base, but these idiots crow the loudest. They are really setting up our players, and apparently don't have the intellectual capacity to realize the kind of locker-room fodder they are providing to Notre Dame. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!

if we crank up the intensity like other years in the playoff

Dec 11, 2018, 1:42 PM

(other than last year of course)

we should kick their butts. Remember when Oklahoma was going to get revenge on us that year? We wiped the floor with them, it was hilarious.

I am looking forward to seeing us play our best football in the playoff this year. Our guys are almost like a pro team in that sense. We looked pretty stout in the ACC CG, I expect to look even better in the Cotton Bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if we crank up the intensity like other years in the playoff

Nov 2, 2022, 7:33 PM

We are in that portion of the season that our big'uns came back for!!!

We will see them play with extra p!ss and vinegar in their system!!!

They will be more focused than we've ever seen them AND they will have everyone else committed at their level!!!

We will be amazed at the intensity of their fury!!!

Mark it down . . . ND is in over their heads!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 2:13 PM

If the team comes out flat and gets beat by Notre Dame that is on the coaches and players.

Not the media. Not fans.

If Clemson wants to be the best team in the nation they have to come prepared to play no matter the opponent.

What the fans and media say should not impact the team unless they are silly enough to play based on words of those talking.

Message was edited by: v_eight

Dec 11, 2018, 2:22 PM

I totally agree. I wish everybody would take a chill pill and view us as underdogs. Many have forgotten that we struggled mightily against good teams. Those teams would be Texas A&M and Syracuse and we struggled against Duke and Wake Forest in the beginning. And how can you explain what happened to our defense against South Carolina. Our defense is different in that it takes a lot of gambles. But the good teams have identified a weakness. If a team goes tempo against us and abandons the running game, we do not have an answer. Everybody wants to focus on the stats against the terrible teams but look at the stats for Duke, Wake Forest, Boston College, South Carolina and Texas A&M when you take away the busted plays that these teams made against us. All I am saying is it does us no good whatsoever to be bashing Notre Dame NONE WHATSOEVER! I have been following Clemson for 58 years. I remember quite well the Danny Ford years when we were never supposed to lose to teams like Duke and NC State. Guess what? It happened. So please back off and let’s celebrate AFTER we win!

Dec 11, 2018, 5:25 PM

CLEMSON practices the same way every week - no matter the opponent. As long as CLEMSON does what they're supposed to do, the hype and pageantry will not matter. The mindset of this team is amazing to behold.

Dec 11, 2018, 5:36 PM

I don't believe the players and coaches are bashing ND. They know what they're up against.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic