Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday.

Sep 2, 2018, 9:18 AM

It was a blast and it is easy to see why Clemson has been so successful on the recruiting trail.

If anyone is interested, I'll be glad to give a summary of our visit.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please enlighten us***

Sep 2, 2018, 9:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday.

Sep 2, 2018, 9:20 AM

I'll take the bait. So? How was it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Do tell***

Sep 2, 2018, 9:22 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 9:24 AM

Please do !!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 9:51 AM

You're instructed to park at an offsite location and then are bused in to the front of the indoor facility. There you're met by a student volunteer who gives you a tour of the new football ops building.

The new building is everything its rumored to be, and the attention to detail is incredible. One of the rooms is going to be a photo room where recruits will be dressed out and have pics taken, but the turf ane paint color weren't to Coach Swinney's specifications so they're going to have to rip the turf out and and repaint. The new weight room is reportedly the largest of any college or university. It is massive. They also allow you to slide down the slide and will take video of you doing it. They've slowed the slide down so its not as dangerous as it once was.

After the tour, they take you to the tunnel via golf cart where you're checked in and given credentials to get on the field for pregame warm-ups. If you care to eat, they provide lunch for a small fee in the old weight room which is now the recruiting room. The meal is served buffet style.

The recruiting room has large round tables throughout and upstairs has a sitting area as well as several pool tables.

After lunch, they lead everyone up to the balcony near the oculus to watch the Tiger walk. When Tiger walk is over we were led back down to the recruting room where several speakers told us about the great things going on at Clemson.

Next was probably my favorite part which is going on the field to watch pregame warm-ups. Its amazing how huge those guys are. When the team goes back to the locker room, the recruits and families are led to their seats in the southwest corner of the endzone.

During the game, the keep the recruit room open for those who want some air conditioning or to go to the bathroom. Interestingly, once the game starts they have to lock the cooler that they offered bottled water pregame due to NCAA rules.

At halftime those who purchased the meal were offered one hot dog and a nutty buddy type ice cream in the recruiting room.

Midway through the fourth quarter the recruits who want to go into the locker room after the game are led to the locker room. They are kept in a group and get to watch Coach Swinney's post game speech and the celebration.

During the game I spoke with several families of other recruits. It was interesting to hear about their experiences at other schools. One mother commented that there was a stark contrast between their experience at Clemson and at Alabama. At Alabama, everything is a production, more so than at Clemson. For example, each recruit has a full time female volunteer to look after their every need.

There were a handful of bigtime recruits in attendance and I'll be surprised if we don't get commits from several of them.

Although it'll feel icky, we're probably going to go see South Carolina in a few weeks. It'll be interesting to the how the experience there compares.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very cool! Thank you for sharing!***

Sep 2, 2018, 9:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

"For example, each recruit has a full time female volunteer

Sep 2, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

to look after their every need."

Ahhh, the old standby SEC tactic. Building the recruit's ego through a woman and maybe provide some services on the side. Really not surprised. It's what they do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "For example, each recruit has a full time female volunteer

Sep 4, 2018, 5:33 PM

We used to have them as the "Bengal Babes", they are still around though. Rally Cats also play a role depending on the recruit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if I was a recruit, whether interested in them or not, I

Sep 4, 2018, 5:49 PM [ in reply to "For example, each recruit has a full time female volunteer ]

would definitely visit Alabama just to meet my female volunteer.

Oh, we used to have full-time female *ahem* "volunteers"...

Sep 2, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

Bengal Babes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, we used to have full-time female *ahem* "volunteers"...

Sep 2, 2018, 1:11 PM

here here!!!

Re: Oh, we used to have full-time female *ahem* "volunteers"...

Sep 2, 2018, 11:48 PM

Or maybe, Hear, hear!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe way back....in the 90's they were the Tiger Lilies.***

Sep 4, 2018, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Oh, we used to have full-time female *ahem* "volunteers"... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great share, thanks***

Sep 2, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

Please come back after your SC visit and let us know the comparison. Thanks for your observations...average fans like me will never experience recruiting process....

Sep 2, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

Sad to hear they slowed down the slide. First balloons, now this. Those turtles sure are getting around.

Love the inside impression though. The Vlogs give you a glimpse but not quite that perspective.

Sep 2, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

At some point once you've made your visits please give us a comparative. That would be interesting

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

What about the hill? It always looks like the recruits walk up the hill to see the players come down the hill. Hope your son enjoys the process.

Sep 2, 2018, 12:53 PM

I believe that its only the commits that get to do that.

Did they stop using the Clark Griswold special lubricant on

Sep 2, 2018, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

the slide?

Interesting--thanks for sharing

Sep 2, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

Good luck with the recruiting process.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 2, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

Very cool info. Thanks for sharing.

Sep 2, 2018, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks so much for the peek inside, Surf Cat!

Sep 3, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Went to the game as a recruit family yesterday. ]

Did your son join them in the locker room?

Also, are these visits initiated by the coaching staff, the recruits, or some of both? How many of these can any single recruit attend at a given school?

Re: Thanks so much for the peek inside, Surf Cat!

Sep 4, 2018, 12:50 PM

He did join them in the locker room.

Some of both. It depends on the kid. With top recruits, which my son is not, the coaches usually initiate contact through the kid's high school coach or through camps. Sometimes the high school coach brings the recruit to the attention of the college coaching staff, and I've even seen families of recruits put film packages together and send them to colleges. Hudl has simplified this process greatly.

A recruit can take as many unofficial visits to a school as he wants to if the school is interested in him. He can only take one official visit. The difference is that on the unofficial visit, the school doesn't spend any money on the recruit, hence the fee for lunch. On an official visit, they can pay for transportation and room and board. I think they can also give them gifts that have a value of less than $25.00. The big cookies with the player's names and numbers on them are an example of that.

Did your family member commit?

Sep 2, 2018, 10:18 AM

If not, why?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did your family member commit?

Sep 2, 2018, 10:19 AM

No offer, or would've committed on the spot.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:01 AM

I like the previous poster, would LOVE to hear the differences after the scar/usually/usc jr visit.

Sep 2, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Did your family member commit? ]

Let us know when the offer is made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 2, 2018, 3:18 PM

Stay in the loop, and thanks for your perspective.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2018, 5:21 PM

I remember years ago under Bowden my son and I got similar treatment when he was invited. We had to pay for buffet style breakfast as to adhere to NCAA rules and they had student host that gave us a tour of all the facilities they had then. I really liked walking through and seeing all the past players from way back in what i think was the Clemson hall of fame. They also took us on the field for pregame warm ups and then took us to the prospect seating. We got to do this several times and we really enjoyed it.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:44 PM

I'm very fortunate as this is my fourth time going through the process. I have two older boys and was involved with another kid that played with my oldest. The other kid was a four star and ended up committing to and playing for Clemson.

Its interesting to see the changes that have gone on through the years. On our first two visits, even the dads were allowed to go into the locker room after the game. The players stuck around in the locker room and spoke to everyone. Although they were all very courteous, it was as if they were instructed to do that. That has now changed.

I'm very fortunate to have been able to do that even once, much less to have had the experiences that I have had.

Sep 3, 2018, 12:24 AM

Yes, would like to hear about your visit and about your family and what your impressions were. Our family will be praying that God will lead you in your journey. I hope you end up at Clemson, but if not wherever you go may you have tremendous success. I hope you get a great education, enjoy college life and play some football along the way.

Best to you and your family and I hope you had a great time Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic