Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Limited Action but Nolan Turner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Limited Action but Nolan Turner

Jan 18, 2019, 11:49 AM

Has really impressed me as a FS. I know Dabo said when we signed him he would be one of the better safeties to come through here, but really has caught my eye. Seems discipled but when he locks in he can hammer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree

Jan 18, 2019, 11:51 AM

some called it nepotism by signing him, but in my opinion he is the most disciplined safety we have.

He's to the defense

Jan 18, 2019, 11:54 AM

What Hunter was to the offense...not walking on, aside, of course. But, he just does the job. I noticed how quickly he was inserted into the Title game after Bama scored. That's telling.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It probably was nepotism. Dabo preaches and practices family.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to agree ]

But what we should all have learned is that anyone who is on the Clemson football team is there for a reason and serves their role. Sometimes we see it on the field, sometimes its leadership by example in the locker room. A healthy locker room isn't just about talent, and Dabo seems to have the recipe that I no longer question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

i think you are correct sir

Jan 18, 2019, 1:23 PM

Ryan Carter is another that comes to mind. He was huge his last 2 seasons for us just from a leader standpoint

alot of people said something similar about Ryan Carter

Jan 18, 2019, 1:30 PM [ in reply to agree ]

back when we were recruiting Nkemdiche and Ryan Carter ended up being a 3.5 year starter. Venables said he was one of those kids you couldn't afford to keep off the field.

Re: Limited Action but Nolan Turner- the back story (link)

Jan 18, 2019, 11:53 AM

by Marty Smith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d64hv8i24xM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Limited Action but Nolan Turner- the back story (link)

Jan 18, 2019, 11:57 AM

What a story.

I really think he makes a run as FS opposite Kvon by fall ball. If Charleston or Zanders/Phillips etc are the real deal early will really be a strong group

Couldn't agree more. Pinkney had an outstanding game too.***

Jan 18, 2019, 12:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got the speed to be a good one.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:54 PM

He needs to get stronger and become a better tackler. He was out of position a number of times in the championship game, but Tua didn't see the open man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's got the speed to be a good one.

Jan 18, 2019, 1:24 PM

^^My thoughts too, but I still like how he plays. He will be coached up and I think we have a really good one in the making.

Oh, I agree.

Jan 18, 2019, 2:05 PM

I just think a lot of people underestimate the value of Tanner Muse. Turner's not going to beat him out for his job. As a matter of fact, Turner was on the field a lot in the Championship Game at the same time Muse was. He's probably better suited for backup to K'von Wallace's position than Muse's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once Clemson had a

Jan 18, 2019, 9:06 PM

Sizable lead, I believe K'von moved to nickel and the Tigers went with two LB's, using Simmons speed, as well, to handle Bama's need to pass. That put Nolan on the field...and he showed...along with Mark...and Nyles...and all those other non-starters. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he does have the DNA.***

Jan 18, 2019, 9:17 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic