Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know this is beating a dead horse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

I know this is beating a dead horse

Feb 7, 2019, 9:24 AM

But I’m tired of the spoiled rotten Clemson “fans”. Quite frankly, I’m also embarrassed for some of the comments I read online yesterday when Mason Trotter committed. It wasn’t so much here on this site, but ShakinTheSouthland was a mess yesterday on their NSD thread. Some on 247 were also mad. I didn’t even consider going over to TCI.

People over there on STS were complaining heavily that the coaches gave a scholarship to an unranked player. Most of the comments were mad at the fact that we are going to have to turn blue-chip prospects away in the 2020 class for a guy who barely had any offers. I saw more than one poster, even the guys who write articles for them, question Dabo and the decision making of this class. There was also general b!tching about the quality of the class as a whole, and how it’s inevitable that we will digress back to mediocrity...because of our class ranking (which is still a top 10 class regardless).

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK. It’s almost like, I don’t know, we haven’t won the national championship 2 out of the last 3 years. Our coaching staff has deserved the right to NEVER be questioned with their offers and who they take commitments from. I’m not saying they are perfect, but Jesus Christ, people were acting like the sky was falling yesterday.

Like I said, it was embarrassing to me and I feel sorry for the fans who can’t enjoy success. They can’t enjoy the run we’ve been on and literally will complain about anything. I for one am very glad that Mason Trotter is a Clemson Tiger and I hope he becomes an All-ACC lineman for us down the road. It’s almost like these grown people on message boards who are Debbie Downers are rooting for the downfall of players and the downfall of the program, just so they can say “I told you so.” It made me sick yesterday...the idea of turning away kids who want to be All In just because they don’t have stars by their name. Give me a break.

Sorry for the old man “get off my lawn” rant. It’s just a shame to me that some fans can’t enjoy the good times while they last and have to question our elite coaching staff. I could give a rats @ss if other fan bases complain and question our rankings, but Clemson fans should not. Dabo and his staff deserve better than that because they’ve earned that respect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stay off STS' lawn.***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know this is beating a dead horse

Feb 7, 2019, 9:39 AM

You welcome him to the family and glad he made the decision to go the same university he did... however at any time during your rant did you watch his tape? I’m fully aware Dabo and co know more football than I do but I also played and the tape doesn’t add up to a Clemson offer. I hope he works out but why can you not debate the fact there were other players out there that had better film without just saying bc Dabo says so. That gives this board a bit of a dictatorship feel where we can’t have actual football debates. Again, not knocking the kid I’m glad he’s here, but it’s a fair point to say that scholarship could have gone to someone with more impressive tape.

It's dumbfounding to me that in February of 2019

Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 AM

after 4 straight playoff appearances, 2 national championships, 4 straight conference championships and 5 straight state championships that anyone would question this staff's recruiting decisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yep. There are only 9 schools that do it better.***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

And yet 0 schools were able to beat Clemson last season***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This is how dynasties end. And they ALL end eventually.***

Feb 7, 2019, 10:59 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Of course they do, but for the most part Dabo has had the

Feb 7, 2019, 11:11 AM

same staff in place for years. A staff that has proven time and time again that they are excellent at evaluating and developing talent. Will they ever get the benefit of the doubt from Clemson fans when they sign a 2 or 3 star player? There are so many examples of Dabo and his staff taking underrated players that become major contributors to the program.

This is how dynasties end.***

Feb 7, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to And yet 0 schools were able to beat Clemson last season*** ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

With top ten recruiting classes?***

Feb 7, 2019, 1:34 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see what happened to Bama this year?

Feb 7, 2019, 2:35 PM

Did all that Top 10 talent help them avoid being embarrassed on the National Stage, under the bright lights?? Even you would have to admit the answer was a resounding "NO."

It's pretty obvious that since we are in an even worse situation that we are screwed.

Re: Did you see what happened to Bama this year?

Feb 7, 2019, 2:39 PM

Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hahaha***

Feb 7, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Yep. There are only 9 schools that do it better.*** ]

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Re: It's dumbfounding to me that in February of 2019

Feb 7, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to It's dumbfounding to me that in February of 2019 ]

I agree. These guys know how to evaluate, recruit, and develop. They dont just do stuff without careful thought. People who dont get it will never get that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I know this is beating a dead horse ]

Dabo and company are probably going to be right in their decision making process a lot more often than internet desk jockies with less information, less experience and less at stake. Dabo and company have been 'right' in their assessment of college talent more than Rivals and almost every other judge of college talent. So I grant zero credibility to the guy on the net with a keyboard and not much else who calls BS on them over this or that commitment.

i think what seperates us from other schools

Feb 7, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I know this is beating a dead horse ]

is the vetting process by the coaches. The coaches find these 2* guys, Davis twins, HR, Nolan Turner, etc. and give them scholarships bc they have vetted them and know their work ethic, know what type of families they come from, and know that they are in fact ALL IN!

We have multiple examples since Dabo took over of guys that weren't highly recruited but end up being studs for us. Why? Bc Dabo and coaches know what they will get out of guys. Not just 2* guys either, they vet the 3*, and the 4 and 5* too. We will never be a #1 recruiting class and Dabo has indicated that, bc we recruit to a standard. We know what we are looking for and its not always about the "tape"

I for one am perfectly fine with the Trotter take, bc he is coachable, has a solid work ethic, and the coaches have seen enough film to know that he will fit in with Clemson.

We could have looked at tape of Ryan Carter (and we did) and question him getting a scholarship. We had people questioning the Davis twins getting scholarships (that's worked out). We had people question Nolan Turner scholarship and he looked really good against the "best" Bama team ever assembled.

There is a culture at Clemson that is different than any other school. We recruit to a standard. We have the lowest scholarship offers, we have the least amount of decommits, and we have guys stay until their senior years and get their degrees. I will not question any of Dabo or other staff members takes in recruiting until we start seeing us lose 3-4 games a season. Until then I'm fine with everything they do.

Re: i think what seperates us from other schools

Feb 7, 2019, 11:33 AM

Should have read yours before my comment. Much better articulated

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

STS hated the Carter signing

Feb 7, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to i think what seperates us from other schools ]

of course, the guys who ran the board then were canned. The commenters remained sadly

Our last two last minute takes were ETN and Denzel Johnson***

Feb 8, 2019, 5:58 AM [ in reply to i think what seperates us from other schools ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I know this is beating a dead horse ]

Wasn't it a grey shirt offer? Things can happen.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I know this is beating a dead horse ]

This sounds a little bit like the talk with Nolan Turner and the Davis twins.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Quick question...

Feb 7, 2019, 9:39 AM

Why would you even go to STS or 247? Those sites, along with TCI are straight garbage.

Agreed...

Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 AM

That's why I never leave tnet. Literally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I don't visit those sites because they have the absolutely

worst light bulbs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Glad you finally admitted that. I've suspected for many

Feb 7, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Agreed... ]

years that you were just an "AU" program running continually on the server.

And TNet isn't?***

Feb 7, 2019, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Quick question... ]

No, it's not. Hth***

Feb 7, 2019, 2:16 PM

They acted the same way about Nolan Turner a couple years ago. It was even bad on TNET. Now Nolan is playing big minutes and making big plays in Natty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 9:56 AM

Sts has always been bottom feeder morons posting. The kid is a Grey shirt. Not a big deal. Hell he probably will provide depth. Which is always needed. Can’t always have 5 stars backing 5 stars backing more 5 stars.. they will never get that. Plus we get guys that are hungry to bring the pain! They have a chip on their shoulder.

Dabo says better to have a TEAM than a bunch of individuals

Feb 7, 2019, 9:59 AM

No matter the stars

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 10:21 AM

I saw Trotter's game film and to me it was impressive. The kid is going to be good. JMHO.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:46 AM

That's the same bunch of know-it-alls that complained about Nolan Turner getting a scholarship when he didn't have a single d1 offer. Shows what they know!

I truly hope that our players know that a lot of complainers are trolls. Will Never question Dabo's decision!

Feb 7, 2019, 10:56 AM

Some don’t get the fact that Dabo does it differently so convential wisdom will not work in terms of his recruiting strategy. He typically gives a couple of spots to high character team guys which builds the culture he desires. We are living in the greatest era of CU football as a direct result so I am willing to forfeit the recruiting title when we are playing for and winning the real title

Agreed - I'M ALL IN - GO TIGERS

Feb 7, 2019, 11:05 AM

The people bitching don't understand recruiting and where Clemson was less than 10 years ago

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately some people are poor winners

Feb 7, 2019, 11:07 AM

humility does not exist for some, they just want to worry about 5 star players and all else is a waste. Must be tough life living in a way that never satisfies. Sure they may be "better" players but do they fit the mold, the character, the atmosphere at Clemson ?? I will take our coaches and recruiters, they are doing great IMO.

# 10 Recruiting class, but # 1 on the field!!! I will take that every single time over a # 1 recruit class.... Everyone has a seat on the bus, Dabo and company have that figured out.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:18 AM

I can't add much more to this, but many times I have mentioned that when you look at all of the players that are in the NFL Hall of Fame, almost everyone of them are there just as much because of their character than their level of skill. That is a huge part of the criteria that Dabo looks for. I don't want five starts that take every other play off, or loaf and malinger through their Junior season before they are drafted. Oh, I'm happy to get four and five stars because I know if we off they are high character people. I'm just as grateful for two and three start players that Dabo thinks can play or add another intangible to the team. Welcome to Clemson Mason!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 11:44 AM

I agree with both sides, to an extent. The forums/boards should be a place to freely discuss observations - thoughts - opinions. And the Clemson staff have earned a great deal of respect & trust in their recruiting. So both are right in that regard. But I wouldn't go trashing any kid who comes to Clemson just because I think other kids may be more athletic.

I would also add that Clemson coaches go as much or more on what they see when these kids come to camp than any tape they see. Did you hear what Dabo said about that new TE kid? Best he's ever seen in camp...ever! That is an impressive comment. And the kid isn't all-world consensus 5-star type kid either.

Feb 7, 2019, 1:26 PM

You are preaching to deaf ears. No one here complained. Go to STS and rant. We are guiltless over here. Yes there is a first time for everything.

When the Davis twins committed, it was embarrassing

Jun 16, 2022, 8:06 PM

A total of ZERO TNet posters have apologized for the BS they spewed 4 years ago about wasting scholarships on guys that ended up being quality players on our national title team.

That's bullshyatt

Feb 7, 2019, 7:53 PM

I've seen a lot of people admit they were wrong about the Davis twins.

No you haven't lol***

Feb 18, 2019, 10:59 AM

Obviously they are not Clemson alums.

Feb 7, 2019, 2:36 PM

;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STS & TCI are garbage

Feb 7, 2019, 2:38 PM

HTH

“FIRE BATSON!!!”

Feb 7, 2019, 3:38 PM

That’s all you really need to know about STS.

C_Craft and QT are knowledgeable, after that it gets pretty thin.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you mean to post this over there??***

Feb 7, 2019, 4:24 PM

Feb 7, 2019, 4:26 PM

Complaining about the complainers.... make sense to me.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Feb 8, 2019, 5:51 AM

Don't ever forget that most of the negative comments come from coot posers just trying to get their ball of negativity rolling, don't give them the satisfaction of believing they accomplished that. All that a Tiger fan, a real Tiger fan has to do, is take a few minutes and watch Mason's film, and you will clearly see that the kid went under the radar bc he is every bit of a high 3 star recruit. Our coaching staff will develop him and have him ready for backup duty by the start of his junior season!!! Coots are going to coot bc they don't know any better when they are owned the way we own them!!!!

You can't argue with stupid.***

Feb 8, 2019, 6:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 11:48 AM

Same crew that complained about Hunter Renfrow being able to walk-on. These jerks don't bother me because if they were really so smart they would be making the big bucks coaching. As Dabo said on ESPN -we recruit people first!

A very,very high percentage of these bitchers

Feb 8, 2019, 2:39 PM

Never set foot in a Clemson classroom or have ever donated one cent to the college or athletic department. Fans my a$$!

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic