Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2016 vs 2018 Experience
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

2016 vs 2018 Experience

Jan 8, 2019, 12:45 PM

The win in 2016 was an exhilarating, dramatic, basically walk-off win. When Hunter caught that ball, I yelled out, “We won the National Championship!”

This year, the game was a slow burn, punctuated by incredible play after incredible play. The fact that they basically ran the ball down our throats all night made me think Alabama still had a chance. It slowly became obvious we were going to win, capped off by that incredible 10-minute drive to end the game. It was more of a feeling of satisfaction that we just took the “greatest team of all time” to the woodshed and put a beating on them they won’t soon forget.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2016 vs 2018 Experience

Jan 8, 2019, 1:00 PM

I keep seeing people talking about Bama crushing us with their run game.

Venables seemed to know that the only way Bama was going to get in the end zone consistently was big plays in the passing game. Even when they got down the field using the run, it immediately stopped working inside the 20 or 10 yard line.

Bama scored 1 TD in what I think was 5 red zone attempts. Once they got our defense packed in where we didn't have to devote deep safeties to the pass game, they were cooked.

Also once we got up by multiple scores, we were happy to let them use 30-40 seconds off of the clock for each play they ran.

Jan 8, 2019, 1:05 PM

Spot on. Plus their RBs had a little shake in the hole a few times when we had guys right there but that’s going to happen against that level of talent. Main thing was everybody else kept pursuing and didn’t give up the big one.

they could run on us but we couldnt run on them

Jan 8, 2019, 1:34 PM

Yet rushing stats were about equal.

Bama SEC Bama SEC ESPN SEC Bama ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 1:44 PM

Ditto for me in 2016. It was surreal, almost unbelievable. Last night it was a deep, deep feeling of satisfaction and wonderment.

2016 was cathartic, 2018 was just #### FUN

Jan 8, 2019, 1:46 PM

I have never had more fun watching a football game and probably never will again than what we saw last night. Delivering a flat out beatdown to the #1 supposed "best team of all time."

2016 was such a mix of emotions. It was such an exciting but STRESSFUL game capped off with a huge release at the end. Euphoria and catharsis that we finally climbed the mountain.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i got teary eyed after the 2016

Jan 8, 2019, 1:46 PM

being born in october of 82 the one in 2016 was the first one i had witnessed after 34 years it felt like id never get to witness one..it was more emotional to finally witness it ..this one was more cheerful running around with a grin on my face as my labradoodle bought knocked me over trying to jump up on me because she couldnt figure why i was bouncing around

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic