Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I miss the balloons...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 89
| visibility 1

I miss the balloons...

Nov 4, 2018, 9:11 PM

Is the cannon next to go?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I miss the balloons...

Nov 4, 2018, 9:18 PM

The hill entrance does not have the same pop without the balloons. Wish we could get them back...

Nov 5, 2018, 9:41 AM

They need to find a substitute, why don't they just shoot dippin' dots into the air, or orange popcorn. Need a committee from tnet to figure this out!

Nov 5, 2018, 9:45 AM

I was thinking air cannons shooting $2 bills. Bam, problem solved with the hill not being packed as well.

not while the climate nazis are having there way.***

Nov 4, 2018, 9:20 PM

Re: not while the climate nazis are having there way.***

Nov 5, 2018, 12:11 AM

Yeah, get used to it. It’s only going to get worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Saving animals from needlessly dying = climate nazis. Okay.***

Nov 5, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to not while the climate nazis are having there way.*** ]

Re: Saving animals from needlessly dying = climate nazis. Okay.***

Nov 5, 2018, 10:16 AM

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how many animals have died at the hands of orange balloons. Still waiting.

They totally should have informed you

Nov 5, 2018, 11:17 AM

I guess the Clemson University Commission on Sustainability forgot to include you in their study and recommendation!

They should have known that your layman opinion is very relevant to the environmental data they used to make the decision.

Re: They totally should have informed you

Nov 5, 2018, 12:17 PM

Yes,... we all know that the environmentalists, politicians and political appointees are to be fully trusted. It's for our own good.

This wasn't politicians conducting the research

Nov 5, 2018, 1:50 PM

The Clemson University Commission on Sustainability was commissioned BY THE UNIVERSITY to study the effects. Using, you know, data and facts.

Re: This wasn't politicians conducting the research

Nov 5, 2018, 4:39 PM

No balloons have made it to the ocean, no turtles have eaten them and died,... there are no facts here. Only politically motivated agendas and 'feel goodness'. You shouldn't confuse those with facts.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:43 AM

I really don’t understand what’s so lame and geeky about not wanting to release a bunch of TRASH into the air. I didn’t know that it was frowned upon to try to be a steward of the environment. Disappointed. I’m sure the same people talking about ‘tree huggers’ and ‘environmental nazis’ wouldn’t want balloon trash falling from the sky into their yard. But maybe I’m wrong, maybe people do want trash scattered in the name of football. I am also aware that there are no sea turtles around Clemson. Balloons are trash.

Nov 6, 2018, 5:58 AM

If any of you “environmentalist” were truly worried about trash in the environment you would frantically be working on a solution to the littering problem upband down our highways. I pick up several bags of trash every two weeks on the little backroad running through my farm. Have you looked at the shoulders of the road recently? That’s the litter issue in this state. Not the few hundred balloons that never make it out of the upstate. By the way, the only balloons I’ve ever seen landing on my farm 15 miles from Clemson were birthday balloons.

Nov 6, 2018, 6:14 AM

HarleyTgr said:

If any of you “environmentalist” were truly worried about trash in the environment you would frantically be working on a solution to the littering problem upband down our highways. I pick up several bags of trash every two weeks on the little backroad running through my farm. Have you looked at the shoulders of the road recently? That’s the litter issue in this state. Not the few hundred balloons that never make it out of the upstate. By the way, the only balloons I’ve ever seen landing on my farm 15 miles from Clemson were birthday balloons.

I’m a whitewater kayaker in North Carolina and I go on river clean ups and lake clean ups all the time. The point I’m making is why put more trash out there. I’m done.

Nov 6, 2018, 8:47 AM

And you probably throw used batteries spray cans of paint and other chemicals away in your trash daily. You people are focused on the wrong problem. Roadside litter and dumping of garbage and trash is the biggest environmental issue we have in this state yet you are concerned with a few hundred balloons and helium.

Nov 5, 2018, 12:24 PM [ in reply to They totally should have informed you ]

So, no hard data. Just feelings.
Figures.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 5, 2018, 12:58 PM

There’s this new invention called Google , Use it and you’ll find all the data you need

You seriously think that

Nov 5, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: They totally should have informed you ]

The Clemson University Commission on Sustainability did not use data in their study presented to the University?

Nov 5, 2018, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: They totally should have informed you ]

My friend is on council and born and raised in clemson and attended clemson. Attends many games...this campus and these new kids like the ones complaining about the ticket system and then the hill isn’t filled are the ones hell raising about all sorts of things...this isn’t unc students come on act better and don’t get offended and feelings hurt.

Nov 5, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: They totally should have informed you ]

hopefully all you heartless old men die off before every species on the earth is eradicated besides heartless old men

Nov 6, 2018, 8:53 AM

Cdixon11 said:

hopefully all you heartless old men die off before every species on the earth is eradicated besides heartless old men

That’s a bit much don’t ya think?

Nov 5, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to not while the climate nazis are having there way.*** ]

So you think it’s OK to kill wildlife so you can watch some balloons go up in the air? What a kind soul

Turtles don't die if I don't personally believe they die!

Nov 5, 2018, 1:52 PM

Doesn't matter what people who work for the University, with education in the proper field, think! My layman's opinion means something, cause...reasons!

Nov 5, 2018, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: not while the climate nazis are having there way.*** ]

No wildlife has been killed and no evidence presented that says wildlife will be killed. It's only in (some) folks mind that this MIGHT happen this way, and to help justify that feeling, has been disingenuously presented as though it's fact based . That IMAGINED problem is what was used to take joy away from thousands of Clemson fans,... and that's just wrong.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:23 PM

Same here. I was at the NC State game, and it just wasn’t the same. I blame the “tree huggers”! Bwahahahaha! But, seriously, couldn’t there be a biodegradable balloon filled with a non ozone harming gas? I’d pay more for a ticket. I mean, I remember when tickets were $20 face value for about anywhere. We still have the best entrance in the best venue in college football. But, bring back earth friendly balloons! I’ll lay an extra $10 per game!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 9:26 PM

I thought I heard that they were biodegradable, though not 100% sure.

Nov 5, 2018, 9:32 AM

These ‘biodegradable’ balloons can take many years to break down, allowing plenty of time for animals to mistake them for food. I’m cool without the balloons, let’s just keep winning football games.

Nov 5, 2018, 5:18 PM

Football games are not good for the environment. Think about how much fossil fuel is burned to get 100,000 people to campus. All the charcoal and propane burned. All the trash put I
In the landfill. The slope is slippery. Don't let the libs start pushing you down it. You will never get off.

Nov 5, 2018, 6:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons... ]

in 1995, the price for eight season tickets was 867 dollars. that was for a thousand dollar IPTAY member. No seat equity. Section N Row H.

Bro, why do you hate turtles so much???.***

Nov 5, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Terrapin fans.***

Nov 5, 2018, 12:25 PM

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Underrated post of the month ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^***

Nov 5, 2018, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:32 PM

Qualk said it would in no way change the excitement of the entrance. He was wrong

Nov 4, 2018, 9:35 PM

If we can’t have balloons, maybe we can release orange painted doves.

Also, the woohoo should be next to go.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:42 PM

d rad or someone needs to bring them back. from what i understand the geeks at student government stopped them .. they will not be here next year.... crazy! team running down hill is not as exciting. dont think we will choke any sea turtles in lake hartwell. my grandson is getting jipped as the hill entrance lacks something ..balloons!!

Nov 4, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons... ]

d rad or someone needs to bring them back. from what i understand the geeks at student government stopped them .. they will not be here next year.... crazy! team running down hill is not as exciting. dont think we will choke any sea turtles in lake hartwell. my grandson is getting jipped as the hill entrance lacks something ..balloons!!

Nov 4, 2018, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons... ]

Yeah I noticed yesterday on TV that the most exciting 25 seconds didn't have that POP it had. No Balloons and a near empty hill. The powers that be need to do something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 10:19 AM

Cancel fall break? SMH

Mar 6, 2018, 8:23 PM

Yea that’s it! This new fall break thingy really messed it up. SMH at you.

Nov 4, 2018, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons... ]

If we can’t have balloons, maybe we can release orange painted doves.

Also, the woohoo should be next to go.

Get rid of the woohoo and bring back the balloons. Sounds perfect to me.

Nov 4, 2018, 9:41 PM

I heard lack of balloons is the real reason ESPN hasn’t brought Gameday this year and likewise the punishment of 12:00 noon kickoffs.

The cannon is close to gone

Nov 4, 2018, 9:44 PM

A few years ago people were complaining about the cannon noise and ptsd. Granted, none of the complainers had ptsd but certainly wanted it changed anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would and even better should a true PTSD sufferer be in loud

Nov 5, 2018, 12:22 PM

Death Valley in the first place? That would require a lot of xanax don't you think?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vietnam veteran that sits in front of me about jumps out of his

Nov 5, 2018, 5:36 PM [ in reply to The cannon is close to gone ]

skin every time the cannon goes off. It rfreaks him out enough that any time he thinks it’s going off he covers his ears...it’s kinda sad to see.

i don't.***

Nov 4, 2018, 9:52 PM

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: i don't.***

Nov 4, 2018, 10:01 PM

You probably woohoo, too...

okay. you'd be wrong about that

Nov 5, 2018, 12:51 PM

and probably a lot of other stuff too.

I simply don't miss the balloons. I forgot about their existence so much that I FORGOT that it was thing. They had been scaled back so much that they were barely noticeable to me.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: okay. you'd be wrong about that

Nov 6, 2018, 6:08 AM

You must be an ACC Ref.....

nor do i.

Nov 5, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to i don't.*** ]

and ftr, your flaccid insult notwithstanding, I've never woohoo'd.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

I miss the Hill being full of fans

Nov 4, 2018, 9:52 PM

Looks like neither of us are going to get what we miss...

Re: I miss the Hill being full of fans

Nov 4, 2018, 10:38 PM

Sadly that tradition seems to be dying as well. When I was a student, we were there as soon as the gates opened so we could get along the fence. Now apparently you can’t get on the hill without an actual hill ticket. Everything is so #### regulated.

Re: I miss the Hill being full of fans

Nov 6, 2018, 7:18 AM

In-state students should have priority on tickets.

Interested to see how it looks for the SCAR game ...

Nov 5, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to I miss the Hill being full of fans ]

The Hill is nôt full the, it never will be.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 10:12 PM

My 4 year old niece and my sister always attend a September game or two with me. This is the third year I've taken them. As we walked to the stadium I asked her what she was most excited to see this year. She immediately blurted out, "The BALLOONS!!!"

Imagine how my heart sank as I had to explain to her our "Sea Turtle" decision.

Nov 5, 2018, 12:21 PM

Just explain to her that we must care for all those sea turtles in Lake Hartwell. I'm sure she'll understand and be at peace with it the same as those making the decisions.

Noise pollution is a real problem***

Nov 4, 2018, 10:20 PM

Re: Noise pollution is a real problem***

Nov 5, 2018, 9:57 AM

Balloons don't make much noise.

Maybe if they tied long strings to them and got them back at halftime??

I don't

Nov 5, 2018, 10:08 AM

no

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I heard the cannon scares baby birds out of their nest prematurely.***

Nov 5, 2018, 10:17 AM

Again, GIANT BUBBLE MACHINE! One of you boosters

Nov 5, 2018, 11:03 AM

with deep pockets needs to step up! Maybe contact the estate of Lawrence Welk, they should have a Champagne bubble machine around somewhere. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Again, GIANT BUBBLE MACHINE! One of you boosters

Nov 5, 2018, 11:26 AM

never thought i would see a Lawrence Welk reference lol. Youre going wayyyy back.

We only had one TV in the house growing up, and Mom

Nov 5, 2018, 4:19 PM

would force it to be on that channel to watch ole "Anna One, anna twooa. Wunnerful, wunnerful."

This is hilarious in my opinion!! Point for you!

Nov 5, 2018, 12:25 PM

LOL

Nov 5, 2018, 12:18 PM

The environmentalists and their political agenda are more important.

The University Commissioned the team

Nov 5, 2018, 1:53 PM

The people at our University who study this stuff for a living made the recommendation.

But sure, morons here think that the Democrats are out to get their balloons...

“Environmentalist” does not equal “democrat”. HTH***

Nov 5, 2018, 5:40 PM

Re: “Environmentalist” does not equal “democrat”. HTH***

Nov 5, 2018, 9:39 PM

Environmentalists = Liberal however.

Re: The University Commissioned the team

Nov 6, 2018, 6:10 AM [ in reply to The University Commissioned the team ]

No just the igits like you.....

Nov 5, 2018, 12:19 PM

FAST4DR said:

Is the cannon next to go?

It doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult to find a replacement sfx. I had thought about how cool it would look to have purple and orange smoke Jets shooting the colored smoke straight up in the air as the players run down the hill. Similar to the color jet streams that some air shows used, but on a smaller scale. But whatever this solution, it should’ve been put in place before we got rid of a part of what has become a nationally recognized entrance by college football team.

Us, too.***

Nov 5, 2018, 12:42 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 5, 2018, 2:06 PM

Well this sure went to hell in a hand basket. Yes, I miss the balloons. Am I an animal hater? On the contrary. My day to day revolves around repurposing racehorses. If you don’t miss the balloons, that’s fine. Go keyboard warrior elsewhere or better yet, get involved and actually do something. We are all Clemson family. Treat each other as such.

Pick your battles.

Nov 5, 2018, 4:42 PM

I like the balloons but I'm happy Tillman didn't get a name change. Imo, Clemson Engineering could come up with something that wouldn't make the tree huggers knees jerk and we'd have balloons again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 5:09 PM

Here's some for you;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BJ_-pNcm0M

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2018, 5:32 PM

Put two giant Paw balloons (think smaller Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) on cables on each side of scoreboard.... Release them to go a couple hundred feet in air when cannon goes off... Reel them back in....

Nov 5, 2018, 5:40 PM

I miss Tiger Rag without the wussy woohoo more than I do the balloons.

Nov 6, 2018, 8:56 AM

This. A thousand times this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The answer is obvious

Nov 5, 2018, 7:33 PM

Just replace the old style balloons with biodegradable balloons. These do cost more, but we could reduce the number of balloons launched to help offset the additional cost.

Nov 5, 2018, 9:57 PM

I miss the balloons to, just put a giant net above them or something.
Also alot of the younger people are being pretentious in these comments. Valling for the older people to die before sea turtles and yadadada.
Look im only 25, and by no means am i a certified genius, but isnt there something called survival of the fittest? Doesnt nature itself adhere to such a law?? Like ya know the old lions die when the younger lion rips its throat out. If the animal cant tell a balloon isnt food then its a sign its not strong enough to survive, no one ####### about the dodo bird, noone complains about the Tasmanian tiger that went extinct because we hunted them so much because they were killing farmers sheep and cattle in Australia.
Animals in themselves are smart and the smart ones are the ones that live.
Also another point research how much the plastic bag ban has helped the plastic pollution, add the plastic straw ban in there to. Guess what it doesnt matter, you have other countires outside the US polluting billions of pounds of plastic. So yeah you might keep 1 million pounds out of the ocean. But billions upon billions are getting dumped into the ocean via india and China. So please tell me how much this saves the enviroment. America could cut plastic out of everything we use as a nation and it would still be a problem. You have other countries. Tell india to chill out they pollute the most, tell china to stop dumping all of its chemicals into a river that leads to the ocean.

Nov 5, 2018, 9:57 PM

I miss the balloons to, just put a giant net above them or something.
Also alot of the younger people are being pretentious in these comments. Valling for the older people to die before sea turtles and yadadada.
Look im only 25, and by no means am i a certified genius, but isnt there something called survival of the fittest? Doesnt nature itself adhere to such a law?? Like ya know the old lions die when the younger lion rips its throat out. If the animal cant tell a balloon isnt food then its a sign its not strong enough to survive, no one ####### about the dodo bird, noone complains about the Tasmanian tiger that went extinct because we hunted them so much because they were killing farmers sheep and cattle in Australia.
Animals in themselves are smart and the smart ones are the ones that live.
Also another point research how much the plastic bag ban has helped the plastic pollution, add the plastic straw ban in there to. Guess what it doesnt matter, you have other countires outside the US polluting billions of pounds of plastic. So yeah you might keep 1 million pounds out of the ocean. But billions upon billions are getting dumped into the ocean via india and China. So please tell me how much this saves the enviroment. America could cut plastic out of everything we use as a nation and it would still be a problem. You have other countries. Tell india to chill out they pollute the most, tell china to stop dumping all of its chemicals into a river that leads to the ocean.

What a stupid argument

Nov 6, 2018, 8:05 AM

"Pollution is worse elsewhere, so we should just say screw it and pollute ourselves"

"If animals are too stupid to eat trash they deserve to die"

I'm seriously just appalled at the lack of responsibility for the 1 earth God gave us.

Nov 5, 2018, 10:01 PM

I don’t mind the lack of balloons.. what I do mind is the lack of people on the hill..

Go watch Scary Movie 3 with Jenny McCarthy and

Nov 6, 2018, 7:29 AM

Pamela Anderson at the start, you will get balloon overload.

Nov 6, 2018, 7:38 AM

Just release balloons on strings...duhhh.

So many new accounts posting

Nov 6, 2018, 7:59 AM

And all with the same message. Interesting.

Nov 6, 2018, 8:45 AM

Nov 6, 2018, 8:50 AM

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5387147A/en

Water-soluble balloon
Abstract
A balloon is formed from a water-soluble film which mainly comprises a polyvinyl alcohol. Coloring agents as food additives are used for pigmenting the balloon. The balloon per se is soluble in water upon coming in contact with water and accordingly, it never becomes a cause of environmental pollution. The coloring agents used are those for use in foods and thus they do not become a cause of environmental pollution.

In a floating test, the balloons were floated in the air even after one week. In a test for dissolving them in seawater, they were dissolved in the seawater and disappeared within 3 minutes.

IPTAY needs to see if these are available.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 8:57 AM

https://www.1011now.com/content/news/New-billboard--490980521.html

Is this real?***

Nov 6, 2018, 9:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson needs to create an eco friendly ballon so these

Nov 6, 2018, 10:30 AM

knuckleheads and the normal people can all be happy for Clemson football.

Replies: 89
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic