Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Warning about Hulu live tv.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Warning about Hulu live tv.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:03 PM

I switched to Hulu a couple months ago. For the purpose of having the ACC Network when it’s out to watch Clemson and GT. But Lordy the service messes up all the time there consistently having issues. Like last night during amazing race the thing went out and the screen said we are having problems at this time try again later. And this problem is happening all the time like 6 times or more a week. I’m gonna be completely outraged if they are experiencing issues during Clemson football. And no it’s not my internet connection. When I had YouTube tv I never had these issues. Just wanted to post and see what others are dealing with that has Hulu live tv.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Going to be looking into the sports streaming when

Jun 27, 2019, 3:11 PM

football season gears up too so I'm curious to hear which service is better for CFB--YouTube or Hulu?

Anyone use PSVue?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

highly recommend Youtube TV. Just imo***

Jun 27, 2019, 3:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: highly recommend Youtube TV. Just imo***

Jun 27, 2019, 3:21 PM

I hope YouTube adds Acc network. I loved YouTube tv when I had it

I guess the ACC Network is going to be the deciding factor***

Jun 27, 2019, 3:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will try Vue soon, but YouTubeTV is far and away the

Jun 27, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Going to be looking into the sports streaming when ]

best of all the others. At this point I think I've tried them all except Vue.

Re: Warning about Hulu live tv.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:12 PM

Maybe your dial up modem does not have sufficient bandwidth or the overhead plumbing in ur mom’s basement is scrambling the signal

Jun 27, 2019, 3:20 PM

I have spectrum 60mps internet. I’m not the only one having problems with Hulu so not on my end

I've had the same problem. It went out during the US

soccer match last night and it was also messed up last weekend when my wife and I were trying to watch a show off the streaming portion. The picture quality is also not at the level I had with YouTube TV (or Sling for that matter. I know that varies based on your ISP but I was using the same connection and the same hardware for all 3.

So far I'm not impressed with Hulu and will try PS Vue next.

I've had the same problem. It went out during the US

soccer match last night and it was also messed up last weekend when my wife and I were trying to watch a show off the streaming portion. The picture quality is also not at the level I had with YouTube TV (or Sling for that matter. I know that varies based on your ISP but I was using the same connection and the same hardware for all 3.

So far I'm not impressed with Hulu and will try PS Vue next.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:27 PM

I have similar problems with YouTube. I am constantly having to reboot my I-Pad because YouTube loses the internet connection, it’s the only app I have this problem with. I have Spectrum Internet to. When streaming live no matter who your provider is you will have freeze ups and temporary lose of signal. But YouTube has to many interruptions even for movies, TV, even when searching the Internet.

Good Luck Jessy89. Let me know if you find a better app. I have heard good things about SLING and my son is high on AmazonPrime. Who has Prime ? Would appreciate some feedback before I make a change.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTube or YouTubeTV?***

Jun 27, 2019, 3:31 PM

Jun 27, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Warning about Hulu live tv. ]

I’ve also thought about looking into some of the IPTV options. But do not know much about those.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:34 PM

That rarely happens to me. I have 200Mb from Spectrum wirelined to the tv though.

Jun 27, 2019, 3:53 PM

A couple of years ago we did the cord cutting and had the best luck with Live TV on 1) Vue and 2) Hulu. Sling buffered way too much for us. Our subdivision internet tops out at 25mb so we're borderline fast enough to stream. Good thing is for either - no contracts. If Vue sucks, try something else the next month. Same for all of them.

I would be careful going to YouTube before you research though. Not saying they are bad or anything. But if you're like us and use FireStick or FireTV to stream, Amazon and YouTube have not settled their disagreement so there is no YouTube app for FireTV or FireStick.

To the OP about Hulu Live - we just have Hulu but ours locked up a bunch lately. Started following Hulu Support on Twitter - found out Hulu & FireStick were having issues almost daily. Just FYI. (Ours has worked fine since then though)

Jun 27, 2019, 5:08 PM

None of them will work good if your internet is too slow.
Solve that, solve your problem.

Jun 27, 2019, 4:12 PM

Does anyone know if ATT Uverse will carry ACCN?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve had it for over a year and last night was the first

Jun 27, 2019, 4:42 PM

Outage for me. The outage was caused by MSNBC coverage of the clown show in Miami.

Re: I’ve had it for over a year and last night was the first

Jun 27, 2019, 4:57 PM

That is very insulting to Clowns. They work hard for their confetti.

Jun 27, 2019, 5:01 PM

Sling

Here is a link to request the ACCN on Youtube TV

Jun 27, 2019, 5:09 PM

https://gtswarm.com/threads/request-acc-network-on-youtube-tv.17861/

For those blaming lack of bandwidth for problems, I only have 10 mb

Jun 27, 2019, 5:16 PM

in my office, and during March Madness, I streamed YouTube Live TV with no problem whatsoever! Also did a couple of the College World Series games without a problem. I'm counting on YouTube having ACCN by the startup date!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic