Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Tiger lovefest is baffling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1,011

The Tiger lovefest is baffling

Apr 15, 2019, 10:05 AM

here is a guy who is a womanizer, drug abuser and overall, a walking asszzhole. However, he now has a "comeback" story to which we are supposed to praise him from overcoming....well, I am not sure what he has overcome. A bad back? So we praise his effort to get over back issues and just forget what a deek the guy was for years and years.

Just interesting to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Tiger lovefest is baffling

Apr 15, 2019, 10:12 AM

He got into drugs due to surgeries. He wasnt a crack head. He has overcome that. Other than than that you described your idol Trump. Why the double standard? People pull for Tiger because they like watching greatness and redemption. He is now loved on tour by players, caddies, and fans. I think he may have grown up after all of the humiliation he went through. Anyway, he pulled something off yesterday that pretty much everyone thought would never happen again for him. I don't think it ever will. We witnessed something special.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 10:26 AM

Good lord man, you bring politics into everything. This was about Tiger Woods. Stay on topic, not that hard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 10:42 AM

Still...why the double standard? Good lord.

Apr 15, 2019, 11:30 AM

I am still having a hard time with the coorelation. One is a politican who is running a country and hasnt had a comeback story. What would his comeback story include or even be? That he banged a #### star, was impeached and then built a huge tower for the poor and underprivileged kids of America? Then got a nobel prize and CNN lauded him as a comeback man of 2025?

I mean, what are you even trying to say?

You are just bringing politics to look savvy and its idiotic.

I have never condoned his actions at all. Just stay on topic or leave the thread

Apr 15, 2019, 11:48 AM

The correlation is just that the reasons you named for disliking him are the same traits as someone you love. It's pretty straightforward.

Tiger is Trump's favorite golfer, just loves him

Apr 15, 2019, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The Tiger lovefest is baffling ]

even gonna give him the Medal of Freedom.

Spoke to @TigerWoods to congratulate him on the great victory he had in yesterday’s @TheMasters, & to inform him that because of his incredible Success & Comeback in Sports (Golf) and, more importantly, LIFE, I will be presenting him with the PRESIDENTIAL MEDAL OF FREEDOM!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1117843954437767168

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The Tiger lovefest is baffling ]

There is zero proof he got hooked on drugs because his surgeries. Zero.
He claims that is what happened. I’m not sure I believe him. He comes across to me as being an arrogant dude who feels he is above the law.

I’d ask you to ask yourself...

Apr 15, 2019, 9:24 PM

Why did you feel so stirred by emotion to make a passionate statement in the jounge about a guy that you don’t trust? Why are you so moved by Tiger Woods? What is really driving your emotions here? If it’s because he cheated on his wife, would you care as much if she looked different? What if she was ugly? What if Tiger looked different? Would we care so much?

I’m drunk and going to bed, maybe. Feel free to say what you want when I leave. But I assure you that you won’t do yourself any harm if you ask yourself those questions. Just try to be honest when you answer yourself.

Apr 16, 2019, 1:44 AM [ in reply to Re: The Tiger lovefest is baffling ]

Other than the fact that the drug he was addicted to was the one he was prescribed from his surgeries.

Wow dude

Apr 16, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The Tiger lovefest is baffling ]

Until you provide pics of this '10' that we've been waiting for well over a month you pretty much don't have a voice around here. Take your politics to P&R.

Watching the best golfer ever comeback in one of the most

Apr 15, 2019, 10:13 AM

amazing comebacks ever is what I loved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is a good golfer but not the best, imo***

Apr 15, 2019, 4:20 PM

If you concentrate on his sport

Apr 15, 2019, 10:14 AM

and the injuries he had to overcome to be on top of it, it is an incredible story

We all can't be perfect

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

So is Ray Lewis, if you put it that way.***

Apr 15, 2019, 11:14 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

yeah, you are right!***

Apr 15, 2019, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Or even OJ***

Apr 15, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to So is Ray Lewis, if you put it that way.*** ]

I enjoyed watching him win.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:15 AM

There’s a point at which the villain becomes the underdog. It had gotten to the point that I didn’t think Tiger could do it anymore. After all of the issues he’s dealt with and over a decade of not winning he had been written off by many. Yeah I know he brought most of those issues on himself. But just the general belief that he was done, coupled with the fact that he’s older and seems slightly less dickish, had me rooting for him to come from behind. I think the media showing him playing around, having fun on the golf course, joking, and even laughing at himself over the past couple weeks has kind of allowed the public to let go of some of their resentment regarding Tiger. Regardless of whether you like him or not, yesterday’s final round was pretty entertaining to watch.

Plus... I’m hoping at some point in my life, people will forgive me for all of my bad decisions.

Re: I enjoyed watching him win.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:22 AM

Exactly. I think so many people make mistakes and are flawed. Tiger inspired people yesterday. If he can comeback many other flawed humans can. Not like I know what it's like not to be perfect, but for the people that are flawed I would imagine that's how they feel.

Man, the sports talk radio was laying it on thick and heavy

Apr 15, 2019, 10:22 AM

last night. But, if you were a fan of his before that fateful night, you've probably been aching to see him come back and win. I think he gets a slide from a lot of folks on the infidelity part because we figure that beautiful woman was just a gold digger anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, the sports talk radio was laying it on thick and heavy***

Apr 15, 2019, 10:27 AM

Why? The sports world is full of

Apr 15, 2019, 10:23 AM

heroes who made many personal mistakes a long the way:

MJ, Mickey Mantle, Namath, Kobe, Magic, Isaiah, Wade Boggs, Tony LaRussa...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love him or hate him, his impact on the sport probably

Apr 15, 2019, 10:24 AM

outpaces even Jordan and basketball. People tune in when Tiger is playing. Kids pick up the sport when Tiger is winning, because they want to be like him. He had a YUGE fall from grace, and spent the better part of a decade working his ### off to get back to where he was, with a revamped mentality. He looks like he's finally having fun on the course. The fire is still there, but he's actually enjoying himself.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmiO1-vnA4

2004 Tiger would NEVER so much as smile on a golf course, much less have anything resembling "fun". Now, it's a much more humble, contrite, and appreciative version of the previous guy. We'll see if winning goes to his head and turns him back into the guy that I didn't like or pull for before. I don't think it will. I think he gets it now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw Kevin Na..and really hoped this had

Apr 15, 2019, 10:31 AM

something to do with the N.W.O.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m a Tiger fan, but get your point.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:33 AM

I think a lot of these sports commentators are afraid of being locked out of ever getting close to Tiger. He pays close attention to who praises and who criticizes... and he’s vendictive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I DGAF about his personal business. I just enjoy watching

Apr 15, 2019, 10:51 AM

greatness.

I woulda plowed as many dirty pigs as possible, too, truth be told.

I always found some humor in that.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:54 AM

He's a friggin' billionaire, banging a Perkins waitress.

Re: I always found some humor in that.

Apr 16, 2019, 1:46 AM

Was she not hot?

Apr 16, 2019, 7:48 AM

I think I threw up in my mouth

Apr 16, 2019, 7:55 AM

#### Tiger. That is bad. Even his new chick isn't that hot. Hi ex wife was so hot too. It makes no sense.

TY. I wasn’t sure where you’d come in with

Apr 15, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to I DGAF about his personal business. I just enjoy watching ]

Plowing Dirty Pigs. Appreciate the honesty here Mr Sawce

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your first sentence describes a lot of Joungers

Apr 15, 2019, 10:54 AM

Savvy ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a good sports story...

Apr 15, 2019, 11:24 AM

I don't personally invest much energy into worrying about the personal lives of athletes and celebrities. I think most Americans mostly care about what happens on the field/court/course.

Just read some news that you might not like...

Apr 15, 2019, 1:55 PM

The President is going to present Tiger with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

best golfer who ever won The Masters wearing a t-shirt

Apr 15, 2019, 2:33 PM

I get kicked off my home course for wearing non-collared shirt.

Gotta give him that.

Re: best golfer who ever won The Masters wearing a t-shirt

Apr 16, 2019, 7:45 AM

Ricky Fowler is by far the best dressed in the field. I did find Tiger winning a Masters with what appears to be saggy bewbs interesting. Maybe more of us have a chance than we think.

Tiger & Dustin Johnson

Apr 15, 2019, 5:21 PM

are the least likable, and most morally bankrupt players on tour. I hate to see either win. Both are egotistical asswholes that care of nothing other than themselves

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Tiger & Dustin Johnson

Apr 15, 2019, 7:21 PM

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26525661/how-tiger-made-earth-shake-again-masters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't appreciate the...

Apr 16, 2019, 7:36 AM

disparaging of reformed womanizers, drug abusers and overall, a walking asszzholes. I don't expect the POTUS to award me anything, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see what you’re saying. What’s surprising to me is

Apr 16, 2019, 9:02 AM

That the mass forgiveness has come with him offering little to no (that I remember) public contrition for his past actions, nor any attempt to use his fame to send out a message on the dangers of the drugs that got him in a bad place before—-I admit that I could have missed it if he did.

I’m not saying he owes the public any of those—-not at all, it’s his business. What I am saying is that he’s regained the public adoration while seemingly ducking the limelight, avoiding the fallout, and generally whistling through the graveyard like nothing ever happened. Yeah, he held press conferences, but according to him he banged a bunch of hoores because he was a sex addict, and got a DUI because he didn’t understand the side effects of his prescription.

You know why John Daly has fans still? Because the dude is a flawed character like Tiger....difference is, he owns his demons.. The best I can figure is that there are a whole bunch of grownass adults who felt a little silly about their Tiger idolization when he was in the midst of his woes, and now feel like they can jump back on the train guilt free after he won a tournament.

Right now John Edwards is somewhere wondering how he can get some of this mass public forgiveness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And to clarify, I’m not judging the guy, just

Apr 16, 2019, 9:06 AM

Examining the sociology of public forgiveness.

One thing middle age has brought me is the awareness that everyone is flawed, everyone has skeletons, and almost anyone you see is dealing with some level of strife at any given time. Tiger owes me nothing and I wish him well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And to clarify, I’m not judging the guy, just

Apr 16, 2019, 9:17 AM

https://youtu.be/FA7ty2LQwc0

right...I referred to that in my post.***

Apr 16, 2019, 9:26 AM

Re: And to clarify, I’m not judging the guy, just

Apr 16, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: And to clarify, I’m not judging the guy, just ]

If you believe this as an apology, that is on you. This was a display in order to save his sponsors, that is it.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1,011
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic