Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hold me, jounge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 537

Hold me, jounge

Oct 2, 2019, 3:01 PM

heading to Disney in a few weeks.

Park tickets procured. Accomodations (off-site) arranged.

Managed to convince SheGUAR that anything more than 2 days would be overkill for the kids, which wasn't a hard sell since neither of us WANT to go....just checking this childhood milestone off their list so that our kids don't murder us in our sleep later in life.

I assume food (well, anything bought in the park) will be asspensive.

What surprises lurk out there?? Any tips? (IB4 lungey things). Where can I drink? Where can I not drink? Anything to do outside of the park(s) that's worthwhile? Thought about Seaworld, but not sure the appeal ever since they freed willy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can ya UPS® me a Dole™ whip?***

Oct 2, 2019, 3:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u can get one in Simpsonville. Less expensive, and probably

Oct 2, 2019, 3:06 PM

less melty.

How does one do that?***

Oct 2, 2019, 3:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does one do that?***

Oct 2, 2019, 3:11 PM

http://www.simpsonvillestation.com/

pssst

Oct 2, 2019, 3:04 PM

I never have been there. Never murdered my parents.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good....however, maybe this explains why

Oct 2, 2019, 3:24 PM

you hate everything.

you can drink in every park except Magic Kingdom

Oct 2, 2019, 3:04 PM

there you have to be at one of those special dining experiences

food is expensive, but you can also bring stuff in with you

the bus system is really easy and convenient, but you are staying off site

Weed edibles....You need lots of weed edibles***

Oct 2, 2019, 3:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hold me, jounge

Oct 2, 2019, 3:08 PM

All the parks serve booze except Magic Kingdom i believe. But you can take food/drinks/snacks into the park. I literally saw people pushing 48qt coolers around in rented wheelchairs. Yes everything in the park is expensive. Be prepared for long security lines, they are getting more thorough checking bags etc. The water parks are a nice side trip when it's hot.

We were going to do Magic Kingdom one day, aaaaaand....

Oct 2, 2019, 3:13 PM

not sure the other day. I was thinking Epcot, only because I don't know much about Disney, and thought those 2 were kinda the 'signature' Disney things...

most other rec's we've gotten were for Animal Kingdom over Epcot....

I'd agree with Animal Kingdom over Epcot unless

Oct 2, 2019, 3:15 PM

the kids really want to see some fishes.

how old are the kids?

Oct 2, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to We were going to do Magic Kingdom one day, aaaaaand.... ]

mine loved Epcot at 2 and 4. basically saw a lot of characters and the Frozen ride is there

if you have a bag/backpack, split off into two groups and one of you go through the line solo with the bag because of advice from above about it taking a while. This will get the kids through faster and they won't be all whiny and squirmy.

do get to magic kingdom early to watch the opening ceremonies

Other than seeing that castle, Epcot & AK were better

Oct 2, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to We were going to do Magic Kingdom one day, aaaaaand.... ]

and the kids liked those better. Epcot has booze from around the world. Try to drink a drink in every country. I think I got 6 or 7 down but the boys were napping in strollers and it was tolerable.

Lines, man, lines everywhere, and not the powdery white ones.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were going to do Magic Kingdom one day, aaaaaand....

Oct 2, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to We were going to do Magic Kingdom one day, aaaaaand.... ]

I guess it depends on the age of the kids and what rides they can ride. I prefer Animal Kingdom over Magic. Also, the new Avatar section just opened in Animal Kingdom. Bad. ###. Y'all can #### on Disney all you want and that #### is expensive but that new Avatar ride is ####### amazing. Everest is probably my favorite ride in all the parks after the new Avatar ride.

Hollywood Studios is probably second best with rides/attractions. Also they just opened a new Toy Story section which is pretty cool.

Epcot is best for drinking/eating with a decent rides (ride Soarin) and attractions scatterred in each country.

I'm not sure how it works staying off site but if you can get fast passes DO IT.

I THINK Fastpasses are only if you stay on their property

Oct 2, 2019, 3:23 PM

which makes some of those lines tolerable.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tix inlcude FastPass+

Oct 2, 2019, 3:26 PM

which seemingly means we can sign up in advance for (3) rides per day...forgot about that, should look into it

Find out the day you can sign up....and log in that morning

Oct 2, 2019, 3:26 PM

and sign up. That #### goes FAST.

and don't waste them on things like meeting arielle in her g

Oct 2, 2019, 3:30 PM

rotto

However Ariel's ride was decent for kids, so was the

Oct 2, 2019, 3:33 PM

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

We will probably go back in 3 or 4 years so we can ride the better rides.

Yes this^^

Oct 2, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Find out the day you can sign up....and log in that morning ]

Also, there is a park app that has maps and #### on it that tracks the fastpasses etc, you should be able to add one as soon as you use one (if something is available that you want to do) meaning you can continually hold three.

Epcot + Alcohol makes it tolerable

Oct 2, 2019, 3:18 PM

Animal Kingdom is niceish
Everything is AWESOME and EXPENSIVE and EXHAUSTING and EXPENSIVE and CROWDED and EXPENSIVE

I have not been in a while, so have

Oct 2, 2019, 3:33 PM

no recommendations. However, I think flow0440 can help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I will never go again without staying on site

Oct 2, 2019, 3:40 PM

Last time we went, we stayed right down the road but what a PIA getting in and out and feeling like you HAVE to spend all effin' day there. Everything is asspensive. What's another grand?

Hate that place but gonna have to check that box for the twins sometime soon. Thinking maybe the cruise might be better, but would that really check the box?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another grand? Monica, have you priced onsite accomodations

Oct 3, 2019, 7:20 AM

More like "What's another $3k"

As the Jounge's premier anonymous self-proclaimed internet

Oct 2, 2019, 3:43 PM

child criminology expert, I can tell you with near certainty that TAKING your kids to Disney actually increases the chances of your children murdering you in your sleep later in life.

That said, can I have all of your stuff when they do?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gotchya ratcheer, fam...in order

Oct 2, 2019, 3:49 PM

1. Wake up, put milk in the freezer. START YOUR DAY EARLY.
2. Take a huge dump.
3. Eat a big breakfast at your accommodations
4. Figure out how big a backpack they allow in there, then SLAM it full of water, goldfish, bananas, granola bars, etc.
5. Go to park as early as possible, don't give them a fugging dollar while you are there. Consume the food/dranks you mule in, buy mickey mouse shat at the local cvs. For real, tids like $4 in a store nearby for what you will pay $44 for at the park.
6. When nobody can stand the stupid place anymore (tired, hungry, etc.), leave and go to Millers Ale House. Get there around 3PM. Google for directions, menu, etc. Plenty of food choices and beers. If I recall correctly, still lunch menu/prices at 3PM and lunch/happy hour beer prices.
7. Fill your gullett, catch a buzz, make the Mrs drive back to accommodations.
8. Watch a movie or whatevs, have some snacks.
9. Put kids to bed.
10. Dress wife up like one of the 7 dwarfs and make sweet sweet love to her.

Rinse, repeat.

This method will save you literally possibly hundreds of dollars per day, you beat the system, catch a buzz, get laid, and sleep well.

Should wait a few months until it cools off.***

Oct 2, 2019, 4:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

end of October shouldn't be too bad, right?

Oct 2, 2019, 4:37 PM

RIGHT?

correct and the crowds aren't too bad this time of year.***

Oct 2, 2019, 5:13 PM

End of October could be okay or not. In Naples it

Oct 2, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to end of October shouldn't be too bad, right? ]

usually cools during the first two weeks of Nov. Orlando is a few hours north so roll of the dice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

October is the Food & Wine festival at Epcot, also.

Oct 3, 2019, 7:58 AM [ in reply to end of October shouldn't be too bad, right? ]

They add extra kiosks in each "country" with tasting size menu of different food, wine, beer and liquor dranks.

Pro tip #1

Oct 2, 2019, 4:46 PM

pack lunches in soft side cooler. Not a 50qt yeti! like a lunch size. We put 4 sandwiches, frozen bottle of water for each in the cooler.

procure locker at the entrance to each park.

put soft side cooler in locker.

If you have stroller, put soft side cooler in stroller.

Protip #2.

Backpack with snacks.

Each kid had a quart ziplock bag with snacks. gummy bears, lunchsize oreos. etc.

Protip #3

Sports bottle with flavored drink packets.

Each kid has a collapsible sports bottle for water, they also have flavored drink packets to put in said bottle.

I bet we saved $500 on food and crap each trip.

Protip #4

Sorcerers of the Majic kingdom.

it will take the kids minds off of standing in line for rides. Go to fire station beside the customer service building at the front of park. sign each kid up. they get a deck of cards and there is a scavenger hunt around the park.

ITS FREEEEEEEE! and time consuming.

Pro Tip #5

Dont go.

epcot is holding their annual food and wine festival right

Oct 2, 2019, 5:11 PM

now. it's worth the expense and hassle.

Warm---My--Heart.

Oct 2, 2019, 5:20 PM

Stayyyyyyyyyy with meeeeeeeeeeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9694K85Xc8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 537
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic