Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
glottal stop (n.) - that thing that Walt does instead of pronouncing the letter "T"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,170

glottal stop (n.) - that thing that Walt does instead of pronouncing the letter "T"

Mar 15, 2018, 6:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: glottal stop (n.) - that thing that Walt does instead of pronouncing the letter "T"

Mar 15, 2018, 6:34 PM

Se()on Hall, for example

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Yep, it's extremely pronounced, and annoying as hayull.

Mar 15, 2018, 6:43 PM

I often enjoy the content of his show, and even his take on things. Just wish it was coming from a more likable and easy to listen to personality.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Yep, it's extremely pronounced, and annoying as hayull.

Mar 15, 2018, 7:39 PM

Everybody uses glottal stops in phonation, but a rare jewel is that full airflow interruption and exaggerated emphasis perfected by Walt. It's yet another thing he's an expert at.

GO TIGERS

Mar 15, 2018, 7:47 PM

Don’t forget....Ora-gahhn. Nobody else in the world says it like that. Dude’s a whacko when it comes to the English language.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2018, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Yep, it's extremely pronounced, and annoying as hayull. ]

I enjoy his show as well. Was thinking today how it makes no sense that Ramona is his side host (she knows very little about sports) except for the point of Walt feeling better about himself when she asks him stupid sports questions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2018, 9:46 PM

I love listening as well, and yes, Ramona is a curious case. I've never really understood her function - perhaps that'd be an engaging show segment for the doldrums following NCAA action in a couple weeks?

GO TIGERS

Mar 16, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, it's extremely pronounced, and annoying as hayull. ]

Walt tells it like it is. He knows no other way. A sickness of his own Deptula doesn't miss a thing. You've got come strong. If you're going on you better hang on. ROAD RAGE!!!

At first I thought it was Romona singing his theme song lol

Mar 16, 2018, 4:55 PM

GET OUTTA MY WAAAAAAAAAY

GO TIGERS

Mar 16, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep, it's extremely pronounced, and annoying as hayull. ]

Ramona is there for a reason, there isn't enough space for any other sports discussion other than what Walt thinks.

If you had a producer with sports knowledge the whole show would probably be an argument over one specific thing each day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or you could say extremely UNpronounced.***

Mar 15, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Yep, it's extremely pronounced, and annoying as hayull. ]

Re: glottal stop (n.) - that thing that Walt does instead of pronouncing the letter "T"

Mar 16, 2018, 12:29 AM

Yo. I literally had water come out of my nose when I read this. Thank you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2018, 5:04 PM

Sorry bout that nose, brotha.

GO TIGERS

Re: glottal stop (n.) - never thought there was a term for it

Mar 16, 2018, 7:23 AM

Tip’o’the cap to YOU bd! But, how do/did you know that? ??

I agree with the other comments. Funny though, when moving back into the upstate several years ago and first hearing his show, I found him fairly annoying at times, but now, I must admit, I have grown to like Walt and the show.

Like the line from the Randy Newman song ‘Rednecks’.... “He may be a fool, but he’s our fool.”

Have a good one my friend!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: glottal stop (n.) - never thought there was a term for it

Mar 16, 2018, 5:01 PM

Thanks Bill - I guess I picked up that knowledge somewhere between studying dentistry, voice lessons, and Spanish? Some good ol' obscure trivia for when I make it on Jeopardy someday. Still waitin for a call from Trebek...

GO TIGERS

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,170
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic