Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big problem I have with Alabama is even if
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Big problem I have with Alabama is even if

Oct 31, 2018, 6:33 PM

they lose to LSU, and do not win their division, they will be a four seed, like last year. Additionally, like last year, they will avoid having to play in a conference game which gives them an extra week’s rest.

Here’s my problem...two years ago Saben said no team should be in the CFP unless they win their conference. Last year he did not even win his division but successfully campaigned to get his team in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big problem I have with Alabama is even if

Oct 31, 2018, 6:38 PM

You can say the same thing about Notre Dame as well. They don't even have to play a championship game, period.

Oct 31, 2018, 7:34 PM

I’d disagree with ND. I feel if they lose everyone else would lose twice but I’d go so far to say that a highly ranked two loss conference champion would get in.

Peeps on here say they don’t care if nd loses or not but imo if we ran into disaster but won acc with one loss, we get the nod over them. So I pull strongly for them to lose if for no other reason but to give us ins.

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 2:46 AM

If they had to play us in the ACC championship game they would lose , keeping them out of the CFP . They get that exclusion and thus if they go unbeaten will ( IMHO ) back in not having to beat a quality opponent in the championship game of any conference . Alabama not winning their division doesn't bother me when they are included .
Alabama , if we are being honest... deserves the benefit of the doubt based simply on their enormous and unquestionable amount of success during Saban's remarkable and historical tenure .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 3:10 AM

Success or not, if you don't win your own conference you shouldn't be in the playoff.

Nov 1, 2018, 3:48 AM

That has already been eliminated as a disqualification , so there's little value in discussing it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

So Tdug, are you related to Finebaum?***

Nov 1, 2018, 8:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it's a given Clemson would beat ND***

Nov 1, 2018, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Big problem I have with Alabama is even if ]

Oct 31, 2018, 6:48 PM

Yeah but...Bama Privilege

Oct 31, 2018, 6:51 PM

I'm right there with you, but if our boys stay healthy, the only team to beat Clemson is Clemson. That is not going to happen. Tigers are in 4th quarter mode...

Message was edited by: nail biting tiger fan1®

Oct 31, 2018, 7:20 PM

If Bama loses and ends up 4 and we end up 1, that will just suck.

for Ala.***

Oct 31, 2018, 7:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct. Our D did not like how things went down last year. We got the O to back it up now

Oct 31, 2018, 7:33 PM

How about this as a NEW RULE?

Oct 31, 2018, 7:28 PM

If you are not a conference champion and are ranked #4 then....

#4 plays #5 for the right to take the official #4 playoff spot. This would take care of the very rare situation that a non-conference champion gets in and it also give an opportunity for #5 to make the CFP. This could apply to ND if they get the #4 slot or even Bama last year.

This would have meant that Bama would have had to play Ohio State last year for the right to be the #4 CFP team.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How about this as a NEW RULE?

Oct 31, 2018, 7:39 PM

I actually agree with that but I’d expand it to 6 get in 3-6 and 4-5 play. Then 1 & 2 would be worth getting. Because you could have 6 conference champions or 5+1.

I just think if you had 6 like that, you’d have a little less bias. That would also allow a team like UCF to get a 6 spot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just trying to solve the problem with a team...

Oct 31, 2018, 7:42 PM

...having it easy by sitting and eating popcorn while the other three teams are fighting for a conference championship. The 6 team playoff scenario like you have it still doesn't solve the problem.

It would be an interesting twist to the CFP if on rare occasion #4 and #5 fight it out for a CFP spot.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just resting. Avoiding injuries.***

Nov 1, 2018, 2:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Include the conference championship games of the

Nov 1, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to How about this as a NEW RULE? ]

ACC, SEC, B1G, PAC-12 and Big 12 with 1 at large bid in the playoffs. 3 semi final games (the two top ranked teams from their conference championship gets a bye, winner goes straight to the championship). 1 finals game. 1 championship game. 5 playoff games total.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 31, 2018, 7:51 PM

You're exactly right, an extra week of rest, an extra week to get healthy, an extra week to work on fundamentals. Or put another way, an extra 20% of time to do all of the above. Give a good coach that much more time than his opponent and he's going to be hard to beat.

null

Oct 31, 2018, 9:30 PM

That’s why it’s in our interest for Bama to win on Saturday. If they lose we get Bama anyway and a second SEC team. It’s last year all over again... except we win.

History shows

Nov 1, 2018, 4:49 AM

Clemson fares better against Alabama with 1 week prep vs. 1 month. Unfortunately, we were an easier study for them last year without DW4. Hope they win out & we get ND or Mich in semis. With a more dynamic offense, I like our chances against them in a final.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

E$ecpn has billions and billions invested in them getting

Nov 1, 2018, 7:42 AM

one or two in every year....

It's the golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules

All P5 conference champions get into the playoffs

Nov 1, 2018, 8:20 AM

The two with the worst records play each other with the winner making the final four.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 1, 2018, 8:27 AM

1: this topic has been discussed about 1000 times here.

2: why does no one understand that Alabama only got in last year because Ohio State has two loss’? They did sneak in, but because of the two loss’. Had Ohio State had 1 loss, there’s a 0% chance Alabama gets in.

This year ND is still undefeated, and OSU, Mich, and OK have one loss. It’s pretty likely that a two of those teams are 1 loss conf champs when the music stops. Alabama will have a problem on their hands in his case.

You make too much sense.

Nov 1, 2018, 8:33 AM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't think that was Saban. I think that was Meyer

Nov 1, 2018, 8:50 AM

I said you shouldn't be considered when he was at Florida

but then changed his mind when he was at OSU.

i agree with your sentiment about bama and nd. they both get special treatment.
the one thing I will add is, at least bama gets special treatment based off what they have done on the field the last decade.

nd gets special treatment based off crap 100 years ago and a bunch of stupid Irish and/ or catholies who want to identist with them for no good reason.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I don't think that was Saban. I think that was Meyer

Nov 1, 2018, 11:14 AM

It was both of them. Meyer said it last year because he was trying to keep Bama from getting in. Whereas the year before Satan was saying it because he was trying to keep OSU out. Remember what happened last time those 2 met. OSU ran all over Bama.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"bama is on buses 1, 2 & 3 everybody else is on the roy bus"***

Nov 1, 2018, 9:24 AM

Win or lose Alabama continues to be one of the four....

Nov 1, 2018, 9:41 AM

best teams in the country. I hate that they make the PO without even a division title but this isn't about divisions and it isn't about conference champs, it's about putting the best four teams in the playoff. The goal is flawed even though we seem to get the best four now, imo.

We nee four conferences with 16 teams each, four pods in each conference with four teams in each pod.

The pods winners play off, then conferences have a true champ who meet in the post season in a final four. It becomes a more fair system which shortens the season for the players.

All the money involved in football is from TV so folks could save a ton of money traveling to bowl games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic