Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
egg on face.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,859

egg on face.....

Apr 15, 2019, 6:28 PM

posted early last week about how the Tigers had an opportunity to make a statement by winning the four consecutive away games against FlaSt and tomorrow against UGa.......well.....the Tigers made a statement....just not one any of us fans wanted to hear.....sometimes, you can catch a team when they're on a streak---but in this case, the Tigers helped FlaSt end a losing streak....and start one for us......Time remains to get the train back on track...just not a huge amount of time....

Still cheering the Tigers on! Beat UGa!!

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: egg on face.....

Apr 15, 2019, 6:50 PM

Well, that’s baseball. I’m sure NCState is licking their wounds too. Lost to coastal and then get swept by Louisville... who could and should have been swept by us.

I think the ACC is just that balanced. We ran into a buzzsaw. I’m sure after Florida beat them 12-2 in the mid week game that Martin had a meeting as well as the players and said we’re not going to send the coach out like this.

Easy to forget how young our team is. Even Wilkie is not a seasoned catcher. Teodosio is almost a freshman as much as he missed last year. It’s a tough tough environment for any team to go play. Avid fans that chirped the whole game.

Except for Saturday, our pitching wasn’t that bad. Fla st had 6 runs Friday but only four hits. Tigers are a good team. This may be just what the doctor ordered.

Go Tigers!!!! Apologies for the long response.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 6:57 PM

Good analysis - kerigantoo ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 15, 2019, 8:18 PM

Thank you, means a lot. Love me some Tiger baseball. I was very fortunate to grow up watching Bill Wilhelm, God rest his soul. It’s a crime against humanity that man didn’t win a CWS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 10:09 PM

I agree with that kerigantoo!! Bill Wilhelm was a great coach and definitely deserved to win a CWS. A little story - had a fortunate chance to play golf with him at Boscobel once. On one hole he hit his drive in the rough and then hit his second shot also in the rough. While walking to his ball he pointed to the green, laughed and said “Well - I’m gaining on it”.... lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 15, 2019, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: egg on face..... ]

Well, that’s baseball. I’m sure NCState is licking their wounds too. Lost to coastal and then get swept by Louisville... who could and should have been swept by us.

I think the ACC is just that balanced. We ran into a buzzsaw. I’m sure after Florida beat them 12-2 in the mid week game that Martin had a meeting as well as the players and said we’re not going to send the coach out like this.

Easy to forget how young our team is. Even Wilkie is not a seasoned catcher. Teodosio is almost a freshman as much as he missed last year. It’s a tough tough environment for any team to go play. Avid fans that chirped the whole game.

Except for Saturday, our pitching wasn’t that bad. Fla st had 6 runs Friday but only four hits. Tigers are a good team. This may be just what the doctor ordered.

Go Tigers!!!! Apologies for the long response.

Good post. Objective and well stated. Refreshing...

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,859
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic