Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The problem with Dabos' comments ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,342

The problem with Dabos' comments ...

Nov 26, 2018, 2:29 PM

is that he is not an alumnus.

In all honesty, this boils down to a few meager points:

1) We beat Carolina for the 5th time in a row. It's a great feeling, no matter how we got there. Being able to return that favor immediately following their 5-peat is very gratifying. I don't want any ownership of the 5-bombs though. Let Kentucky or Texas A&M have that ... We have more important things to do. Let's talk when were at the say Va Tech/UVa level of domination and are counting with our toes.

2) It's o.k. to say the defense stunk on Saturday night. It happens (ask Michigan - ESPN just wrote an article this past week titled "How Good is Michigan's Don Brown? 'No one better,' Harbaugh says."They got 62 dropped on them).

3) It's o.k. that Jake Bentley threw for 500+. Later in life in conversation he can reflect on the best game of his career...that his team still lost by 3 TD's.

4) It's o.k. for alumni and non-alumni to root for college teams. Not real sure how this conversation got started, but if it was ever serious its a hint of ridiculous. It's like saying you can't be a Panthers fan if you don't live in CLT. And please, please don't utter the words "it just means more."

5) It's o.k. for David Hood to have a mulligan (if it even is one). He seems to be a classy guy and does a good job for this site.

6) It's o.k. for Dabo to respond to the article/question like he did. His comments aren't incorrect. The "time to go somewhere else" I'm sure was out of frustration about the article/questions coupled with the play of the defense. Poor timing? Probably. But I think we are taking it too serious.

7) It's o.k. t

There's no doubt there was some slight disappointment in the fact that we didn't completely dominate Carolina Saturday night. It's just because it's soooooo much fun and we did it the previous two years. We don't like seeing Carolina have any glimpse of success/hope/positivity when we play them. But you not gonna 63-17 someone year after year.

Love this staff. Love this team. Love this run. Don't miss the moment. It will all be gone one day. Father time, if I recall, is still undefeated too.

GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...doesn't exist***

Nov 26, 2018, 2:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Technically

Nov 26, 2018, 2:32 PM

Dabo and Mrs. Kathleen were both given honorary degrees from Clemson. Therefore they can be counted as alums and are the best fans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Technically

Nov 26, 2018, 2:48 PM

When I look at a filled Death Valley, I don’t see different classes of fans.

Our defense played poorly and it was obvious..........

Nov 26, 2018, 2:42 PM

so there's no real discussion to be made - everybody knows it. So let it rest about what who said about what and move on to the Pitt game - THAT'S what the team needs to be focusing on now.

thank you. ..I yelled as loud as I could until

Nov 26, 2018, 2:43 PM

I couldn't yell anymore in the 4thqrt.

you're the 1st person to give me credit for the win. Clemson's football team deserves a little credit as well.

2) I don't give a crap about those rankings. ig is all relative. I doubt michigan would have the #1 defense if they played in the big12.

3) I don care what Bently talks about as long as he makes sure I don get onions on my sammich.

4) if you're over 40 and a panther fan , you're a traitor. if you are under 40 and want to root for the north Carolina panther fan. there is no university of North Carolina panthers so I don't know how that relayes to clemson graduates.

5) I'm sure hood will be glad to read it.

6) I'm bored now, I'm out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,342
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic