Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so

Jun 21, 2019, 1:00 PM

forth around the stadium. I do have a question for you though about something that didn't come up in the article and that is concerning The Hill. Specifically, has anything been done to lessen the restrictions on students, or fans in general, sitting there? It was not resolved last year despite the new policies that were supposed to fix the problem. Death Valley without question loses a little of its roar with the more sparsely populated Hill area we have seen the last couple of years.

I can't for the life of me see how it can't restored to its former self.

Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so

Jun 21, 2019, 4:20 PM

We are supposed to have a meeting with Drad at some point in the next week and I plan to ask him. As far as I know, nothing has been done

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Somebody!

Jun 21, 2019, 4:24 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

David, please let him know...

Jun 21, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so ]

there is quite a large group of the fan base that is not happy with seeing the hill empty. It has looked full, even when Clemson was not a good team for it's existence.

We know full well it's not all the students fault either as these policies have limited their ability to get onto the hill.

Further, we're wise to the move that these plans might have been put in place to make the attendance on the hill look bleak, on purpose. Thus, making their plans to fill some of the hill with more concrete seating seem more viable to the public.

The hill is as sacred as the Rock that sit on top of it. Any changes or continued policies that limits attendance is not acceptable.

They need to lessen the restrictions and make it easier for students (1st), and general admission (2nd) allowed back on the hill.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for responding! Death Valley is one of the true

Jun 21, 2019, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so ]

great venues in sports. To see it (and hear it) with a significantly diminished sea of orange on the hill is disappointing.

Can you ask him if we have plans for a new scoreboard/video board?***

Jun 22, 2019, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2019, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so ]

Tell the Administration to keep their filthy hands off our Hill. GO TIGERS

Jun 21, 2019, 8:07 PM

My son is a junior at Clemson so I have some knowledge of student ticket policies. When a student gets their game ticket they now also get a wrist band. There are three different types of arm bands: 1) upper deck, 2) lower deck and 3) the hill. The fire marshal now limits access to the hill to a specific number of students. The top of the hill is blocked off and students must enter through a gated area where the wrist bands are verified so no wrist band means no entrance. Gone are the days where students could move down from the upper deck to sit with friends on the hill. Gone are the days of taking your kids to the hill during the game so they could experience it for themselves. My understanding is that some students got hurt at the conclusion of the Notre Dame Game, due to the crowd pushing them against the fence, leading to these policies. Don’t blame the students when the hill isn’t full. Those are coveted tickets and the students want them. This is purely an administration decision,

So basically some administrative overreach/reaction. Un-

Jun 22, 2019, 1:40 PM

necessary.

Re: So basically some administrative overreach/reaction. Un-

Jun 22, 2019, 11:12 PM

My dad was one those that would buy a cheap ticket back in the 90s and He and I would buy a 5 dollar ticket and sit on the Hill I have so many great memories of sitting there watching Clemson play sometimes win sometimes lose but always had fun on the Hill, Students around me going crazy. My dad always told me the language that you hear at a football game or baseball game or basketball game stays at the arena or stadium. Another word don't tell mom. I hate that kids today cant enjoy the same experiences that I had as a child. Had Great times on the Hill as a child did not go to Clemson because they did not have my Degree of becoming an Occupational Therapist so went Greenville Tech then finished my masters online.

Thanks for this information***

Jun 22, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: david hood - thanks for the update on the projects and so ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic