Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
?? our TiGER Band & here’s some 2018 stats on their effort to entertain us.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,902

?? our TiGER Band & here’s some 2018 stats on their effort to entertain us.

Apr 14, 2019, 5:55 PM

300 Members.

Mark Spede is Director~

Trey Lockett was ‘18 Drum Major~

Students came from every College at Clemson Univ. covering more than 40 majors.

1st Schollie given wasn’t until 1977.

Practiced 152 hours just for Football Appearances in ‘18 & for Natty.

Played Tiger Rag about 40 Times each home game.

At one away game they ate 550 pizzas!

Have performed in 67 Away Games in last 10 Years.

Temp @ Ta&m in 2004 was 103*.

And..b/4 & during Jan 2019 Natty Game they sounded & looked Awesome!!

Go to ESPN SKY CAM of the game and see-hear them perform before the game, after the famous Alabama “Million Dollar” Band..

when they smartly & loudly ROCKed & marched playing the famous Orange Bowl March, then Tiger Rag while in PAW formation, Clemson Alma Mater and then Tiger Rag again.

Thx TiGER BAND 4 all U do for CLEMSON! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question for Tiger Band...

Apr 14, 2019, 5:58 PM

are we going to see a 90 yard wide "44-16" formation at the GT game?

Halftime or pregame...wanna make sure I have my camera ready.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ?? our TiGER Band & here’s some 2018 stats on their effort to entertain us.

Apr 14, 2019, 6:28 PM

It's Spede

And, really, get a grip. It's a band we can all be proud of because they're Clemson, and we can appreciate their time, their effort, their enthusiasm, and their leadership.

But they're just an average college marching band - a big one, but just average.

Furman blew them off the field in September - at less than half their size.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Thx for correcting typo BUT disagree with most of your other opins!

Apr 14, 2019, 6:34 PM

Good Day!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but any bad that plays Tiger Rag is well above average.

Apr 14, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: ?? our TiGER Band & here’s some 2018 stats on their effort to entertain us. ]

And if we're going to talk marching band metrics, there are some 4A and 5A high school bands that are better than Furman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

consumed 5 trashcans filled with champagne bottles

Apr 14, 2019, 6:35 PM

in under 15 minutes on Jan. 1, 1982. ;)

the drinking age was 18 then.

That didn't stop them this go 'round, either.***

Apr 14, 2019, 7:55 PM

As an ex-member I can appreciate the extra work that goes in

Apr 15, 2019, 2:52 AM

When I was in it was all volunteer. A lot of schools have music programs that give creds and have course requirements, but at least back then it was all love and for the fun of it. Not so easy to do all your regular coursework and still have time to devote to TB, so I really respect these kids. Plus, we were an actual band, not a traveling joke show like that thing Stanford slaps together.

Sure we got out-volumed by U5C and FSU, etc, but again those were music programs, and I guarantee you they didn't out-fun us. We had a penchant for stealing anything that wasn't nailed down in those days, including one of the first fast-food restaurant rolling salad bars (rumored), half a dozen GT footballs tucked in our Sousaphones while marching (fact), the Kentucky State flag from one of the horse race tracks up there (fact), U5C sideline headphones during the game (fact), and the inflation hose that led to a very droopy GT giant yellowjacket balloon (fact).

We were always greeted at the local malls (where we stopped to eat) by a half dozen local law enforcement vehicles. We even had a key that got us into the upper deck of the stadium, if we were ever inclined to go there late at night, say, to fly paper airplanes off the side.

Re: As an ex-member I can appreciate the extra work that goes in

Apr 15, 2019, 12:00 PM

I saw the rolling salad bar - it was more than a rumor, but less impressive than it sounds. Also many ESPN banners and flags, things were pretty rowdy in the 80's. And they were apparently nothing compared to the 70's.

I also saw the droopy giant Yellow Jacket, but I always thought it was just the inflation fan that was unplugged by someone "accidentally" kicking it on the way to the stands. We were rooting so hard for that thing to hit the ground, but tragically someone corrected the issue pretty quickly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a little after the salad bar so I'm glad someone can

Apr 15, 2019, 12:59 PM

confirm it. Despite all our shenanigans, the only time I remember us getting in any serious situations was when someone stole U5Cs headphones at halftime during our game. Bruce Cook walked up to the stands, with a cop on either side of hims, and yelled on his megaphone "There will be no arrests. I don't care who took them, I just want them back." Sure enough the headphones mysteriously worked their way down the stands to him in secret. Apparently, the refs said that if the dirtpeckers didn't have their headphones, they would take ours too. So that was pretty serious. Other than that, it was astonishing what all we got away with.

Re: I was a little after the salad bar so I'm glad someone can

Apr 15, 2019, 1:16 PM

It took a lot to get Dr. Cook mad, but man when it happened it wasn't something you wanted to see. I got him mad at me once by being a jerk, and I just wanted to melt into the ground.

That day with the headphones was the most angry I ever saw him.

A lot of that stuff is still around the Brooks Center.***

Apr 15, 2019, 1:11 PM [ in reply to As an ex-member I can appreciate the extra work that goes in ]

Apr 15, 2019, 2:58 PM

Am I mis-remembering this? Was not the entire Tiger Band evicted from a hotel during the 1979 Road Trip to Notre Dame??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 3:15 PM

That was a couple of years before me, and I don't recall hearing that story, but I'd sure like to hear about it if it's true.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic