Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow Tower
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 97
| visibility 1

Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow Tower

Jan 18, 2019, 8:38 AM

project. Would that be the "quid" or the "quo?"

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:45 AM

This will be in the news cycle for a few hours than something else will take it over.

Even if the house moved to impeach, the Senate would not take it up.

The only way dems can get Trump out of office is for him to be defeated in the election next year.

What's funny is the signs that something like this was coming. Any time Rudy comes out and starts vomiting words, you know there's something coming related to Cohen and the President.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I think you are underestimating the importance of this

Jan 18, 2019, 8:57 AM

piece of the story.

Rudy knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:00 AM

Honestly. The dude said he could shoot somebody in downtown Manhattan and wouldn't lose votes.

And it's true.

Only way to get him out of office is to vote him out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That may be, but you are underestimating the impact of

Jan 18, 2019, 9:12 AM

this kind of discovery. This is straightforward simple to understand obstruction of justice and a part of the larger story of why Trump has been such a bootlicker for Putin and Russian interests - a quid pro quo of profit in exchange for sanctions relief. If you lived through the Nixon presidency, you know that there comes a point where the evidence is too overwhelming for everyone but the most sycophantic supporters to acknowledge leaving only a small base of simpletons.

Another brick in the wall.

Re: That may be, but you are underestimating the impact of

Jan 18, 2019, 9:25 AM

1st - This is BUZZFEED. The source discredits the story before you get past the headline.

2nd - Cohen is a compromised witness for multiple reasons, ranging from his criminal conviction to the entrapment in which the FBI has extracted his "story". In Cohens current position, it is in his best interest to say anything he can that would place blame on Trump.

Unsubstantiated claims from a compromised witness posted on a site that is well known as a non-credible source for news is just another nothingburger.

Come back when you actually have something.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually Buzzfeed's news side of their business

Jan 18, 2019, 9:31 AM

has been pretty spot on and relatively un-biased.

Yeah sure they still have the "10 things that will make your head explode"

But the news part of their business is actually decent.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

Re: Actually Buzzfeed's news side of their business

Jan 18, 2019, 9:44 AM

BuzzFeed is one of the least most trusted "news" cites with some of the highest rates of inaccuracies and political bias of all news sites today. It is lumped in with Breitbart and OccupyDemocrats in terms of how much unsupported "fake news" and political bias they spin. In fact, Breitbart is considered more trustworthy than BuzzFeed, but only marginally so. Breitbart is still ####, just like BF.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-are-the-most-and-the-least-trusted-news-sources-in-the-us-2017-08-03

Their investigative journalists have been writing

Jan 18, 2019, 9:55 AM

articles from sources that soon turn out to be true. Have been for a while now.

Jason Leopold hasn't exactly been a bastion of truth.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:21 PM

Much like a few liberal participants in this thread, he has proven himself to simply make things up when the truth isn't substantial enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their investigative journalists have been writing

Jan 18, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Their investigative journalists have been writing ]

Oh look, my challenge to this BuzzFeed "report" is correct.

Once again, BuzzFeed is trying to pass off gaslighting and speculation as "facts" in another case of class BuzzFeed yellow journalism.

The BuzzFeed reporter that broke this "story" openly admits he has no evidence to support what he has published. Typical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEoj-J3CaWU

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/buzzfeednews-bombshell-reporter-no-we-have-not-seen-the-evidence-supporting-our-report/

What were you saying about "sources" again...?

OPPS

Jan 19, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Their investigative journalists have been writing ]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2019/01/18/b9c40d34-1b85-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5c6daaeab19a

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No offense, but I doubt there is anything negatively reported about Trump

Jan 18, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: That may be, but you are underestimating the impact of ]

that you or any Trump supporter still left would actually believe.

You're really taking on the Trump defense approach. Criticize the source (even though Buzz Feed News has a fine reputation) and call the witness a liar (even though Cohen was not involved in this story).

Your head is just in the sand, man.

Re: No offense, but I doubt there is anything negatively reported about Trump

Jan 18, 2019, 12:45 PM

You say BuzzFeed is a "credible source" and yet MY head is in the sand?

You may want to delete this post and take a day to really think through your position.

BuzzFeed is one of the least trusted, factually incorrect, and biased news sites on the web.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-are-the-most-and-the-least-trusted-news-sources-in-the-us-2017-08-03

Oh and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEoj-J3CaWU

Got em'.

EDIT: Oh, also noticed you're a Coot too.

And you assume I'm a Trump supporter? Wrong again.

Are you right about anything?

Message was edited by: tokillagamecock®

Keep on grasping at that straw

Jan 18, 2019, 1:03 PM

"Not seeing evidence" sure takes a life of its own if you don't read beyond that, but that's how the fringe right wing news works. Then it's shared through old people's Facebook feeds.

The sources have been trusted previously. I have no idea how you can give Trump the benefit of the doubt at this point. That really seems like something only a Trump supporter would do.

Thank you for the 40 minute video. I'm sure you watched it before posting it. There is no way you just saw this shared by Info Wars and started spreading it feverishly.

Re: Keep on grasping at that straw

Jan 18, 2019, 1:10 PM

Shut up Coot.

Also, the admission that there is no evidence to support this story is currently spreading like wildfire all over the front page of Reddit. I found this one on r/politics.

And no, BuzzFeed has not provided any semblance of a trustworthy report. Their "reports" have been debunked as hearsay time and time again.

There is a reason it is considered one of the least trusted new sites next to OccupyDemocrats and Breitbart, because they make #### up with no sources.

Quit being a moron and read the sources I have posted.

I frankly would not mind seeing Trump removed for a number of reasons, however I understand the rule of law and do not advocate for a warrantless, unsupported witch hunt against someone. Removing him because you disagree with him is wrong and sets a dangerous precedent. Thus far, there is no evidence to support impeachment. We must always challenge the process at which we levy heavy consequences against people, we must always adhere to Due Process. What you are doing violates the principles of Due Process but, it wouldn't be the first time someone of your ilk wholly supports violating someone's Constitutional rights.

You seem like an agitated guy

Jan 18, 2019, 1:19 PM

Hold on tight. I don't think you're going to be pleased when this finally hits the fan.

All of the "trusted sources" in your link don't seem to have a problem reporting on this report.

Two law enforcement officials seem like good sources to me. We'll see. There is no reason to give the Trump administration any benefit of the doubt at this point. He lies about everything and changes the lie when he is caught. Keep up the good work and keep on searching for Twitter posters who you agree with.

Re: You seem like an agitated guy

Jan 18, 2019, 2:20 PM

"BuzzFeed News cites two unnamed federal law enforcement officials.."

Yeah, thats TOTALLY legit ????????

How many of the dozens and dozens of these "groundbreaking" stories that supposedly 100% guarunteed Trump's guilt came from "unnamed sources" which turned into nothingburgers within days and provided no criminal evidence that Trump did anything? Just more hype and empty accusations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/01/18/democrats-demand-investigation-after-report-that-trump-ordered-michael-cohen-lie-congress-about-russian-project/

Looks like it hit the fan alright

Jan 19, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to You seem like an agitated guy ]

Looks like another fake story to me, considering that Mueller is attacking it's validity.

What did you say about "having your head in the sand" again?

https://www.boston25news.com/news/breaking-news/buzzfeed-report-says-president-trump-directed-cohen-to-lie-to-congress/906229350

nm

Jan 18, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Keep on grasping at that straw ]

Re: You seem like an agitated guy

Jan 18, 2019, 1:26 PM

Yeah, and how many times have we heard THIS one over the last 3 years?

You realize you're going to give yourself a heart attack if you dont slow down?

We've seen this cycle a few hundred times already:

[Not credible news source]: "Ha! Here's a story that PROVES Trump Corruption and a source agrees! IMPEACHMENT TIME!"

(Days later): "Actually, we still haven't uncovered evidence.. but we will still impeach!"

(A few more days later): "Well, our sources turned out to be wrong, but nevermind that prior story that turned out to be a big farce! We WILL find something to impeach him over! Orange Man bad!"

(cycle repeats)

*yawn*

Of course the reporter didn't directly see the evidence

Jan 18, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Keep on grasping at that straw ]

that's why BuzzFeed News (which is different than Buzzfeed) has 2 sources that have proved credibility in the past.

That's call journalism

Re: Of course the reporter didn't directly see the evidence

Jan 18, 2019, 1:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqqwTgk8ri0

Re: I think you are underestimating the importance of this

Jan 19, 2019, 12:29 AM [ in reply to I think you are underestimating the importance of this ]

Fake news!!!

I've made a multiple choice form to help Trumpies respond

Jan 18, 2019, 8:46 AM

A. "I don't see what the big deal is."
B. "But Obama did worse."
C. "I don't believe it. Fake news. Deep state."
D. "Cohen is making stuff up to save himself!"

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You left off Hillary***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:48 AM

Re: I've made a multiple choice form to help Trumpies respond

Jan 18, 2019, 8:50 AM [ in reply to I've made a multiple choice form to help Trumpies respond ]

E. They believe Trump probably did tell Cohen to lie, but they don't care.

Looks like "D." is the initial go to response for

Jan 18, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to I've made a multiple choice form to help Trumpies respond ]

the passengers on the USS Trumptanic.

According to the known liar Cohen!

Jan 18, 2019, 8:47 AM

Trump said “if you believe Cohen, I can mak you a good deal on the Brooklyn Bridge”

D***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:48 AM

Re: According to the known liar Cohen!

Jan 18, 2019, 8:51 AM [ in reply to According to the known liar Cohen! ]

I think you know Cohen is more than likely telling the truth. You just don't think it matters in the big picture.

Only the best people? Plus perhaps additional evidence?***

Jan 18, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to According to the known liar Cohen! ]

Giuliani said that. But the report said

Jan 18, 2019, 9:02 AM [ in reply to According to the known liar Cohen! ]

"The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents."

Re: Giuliani said that. But the report said

Jan 18, 2019, 9:04 AM

There will probably be none directly from Trump.

If you have multiple witnesses, texts, and emails stating

Jan 18, 2019, 9:14 AM

that Trump was in the meetings and notified on 10 different occasions of the discussions and directed the Cohen's contacts, it doesn't really matter what Trump says.

Re: If you have multiple witnesses, texts, and emails stating

Jan 18, 2019, 9:30 AM

It won't matter with his supporters. Also, we don't know the exact details yet. It may not add up to enough as far as him being prosecuted or impeached. I am sure you want one of those two things.

I want the rule of law.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:36 AM

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Re: I want the rule of law.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:39 AM

Yes, but you many not get what you want is my point.

We'll see. With so many indictments and convictions in

Jan 18, 2019, 9:46 AM

spite of all of all of the lies and obstruction, it seems likely that Mueller will get to the bottom of things.

I have confidence that the truth will be known and the rule of law will prevail.

Re: We'll see. With so many indictments and convictions in

Jan 18, 2019, 9:51 AM

I have confidence Mueller will get to the bottom of it. I have no confidence that the rule of law will prevail.

Mueller will submit his report. The media will go fool

Jan 18, 2019, 9:52 AM

for 48 hours. Then it's back to business as usual.

Re: Mueller will submit his report. The media will go fool

Jan 18, 2019, 10:04 AM

The media may even go nuts for a couple of weeks, but in the end it will all just come down to the 2020 election. Maybe Trump's poll number will drop at the most. Trump will either win in 2020 and serve four more years in the WH or he will lose and move on with his life annoying the country with even crazier tweets as he ages..

lol.....good one.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to I want the rule of law. ]

You want Trump’s head on a platter, regardless of innocence or guilt, and you’ve made it plain as day to everyone here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! I am definitely enjoying this journey and

Jan 18, 2019, 9:54 AM

am confident that Mueller will get to the bottom of things.

The Rule of Law will prevail, no matter how hard Trump and his Republican Party tries to avoid it. That should make everyone who cares about the rule of law happy. It just takes a bit longer when pretty much everyone in the White House is lying.

I think you like one version of the rule of law in this

Jan 18, 2019, 10:17 AM

scenario, and it's the version you've mentally built up as to how it will go down.

I also like the rule of law. In this case, I'll be ok with the outcome if the rule of law finds Trump to be guilty or innocent. I'm not sure you can honestly say the same.

"...learned about the lie through interviews, emails, texts

Jan 18, 2019, 9:03 AM [ in reply to According to the known liar Cohen! ]

and a cache of other documents."

cache
a : a hiding place especially for concealing and preserving provisions or implements
b : a secure place of storage. "discovered a cache of weapons"

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

From Barr's confirmation hearing courtesy of Linda Graham.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:06 AM

Graham: So if there was some reason to believe that the President tried to coach somebody not to testify or to testify falsely, that would be obstruction of justice?

Barr: Yes. Under that...under an obstruction statute, yes.

and here's the evidence...

Jan 18, 2019, 9:16 AM

well, not really

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/01/18/welp-buzzfeed-reporter-admits-theyve-not-seen-evidence-supporting-their-bombshell-on-trump-cohen-and-trump-tower/

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: and here's the evidence...

Jan 18, 2019, 9:17 AM

Jan 18, 2019, 9:31 AM

But God who'd want to be such an assh

Jan 18, 2019, 9:35 AM

ole

In Honor of Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday...

Jan 18, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: and here's the evidence... ]

Re: In Honor of Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday...

Jan 18, 2019, 9:45 AM

What an honor

Jan 18, 2019, 9:50 AM

It is almost like MLK was speaking directly to you on the willful ignorance thingy. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing we know for sure.....

Jan 18, 2019, 9:53 AM

ONE of us is an ignorant schmuck.

The eternal debate is which one?

Only one of us?

Jan 18, 2019, 9:59 AM

my mind does not deal in absolutes Obed, maybe that is why I am not as easily tricked as you.

There's no gray areas when it comes to idiocy.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:19 AM

It's binary....black and white. When your opinions are as polar opposites as ours are, one of us is completely wrong about virtually everything.

We don't know who though, and that's what makes it fun.

Re: There's no gray areas when it comes to idiocy.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:24 AM

you may want to square off the corners on this hole you are digging, for comfort later.

That's the beauty of America.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:26 AM

We're both doing pretty well with our alternate realities. I'm ok with it.

sure, but it also

Jan 18, 2019, 10:30 AM

kind of makes holding onto a democracy a challenge.

au contraire, mon frere.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:32 AM

You and I being allowed to have completely different versions of what reality is and where it should go is the very foundation of democracy. You only lose hold of it when we eliminate all areas in between.

In a functional democracy, we should both have to eat a few crap sandwiches from time to time.

I got a guffaw out of that.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to What an honor ]

Not a chuckle or a chortle, but a guffaw.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to and here's the evidence... ]

Ah yes, thats pretty much what I expected from Buzzfeed.

Overreaction is a possibility. But seems there’s a lot ...

Jan 18, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to and here's the evidence... ]

of criminal activity (including convictions) and Russian associations directly linked to Team Trump.

Disregard all news commentary- 100% from both sides .... and just consider the actual film clips and Tweets from Team Trump, the existing criminal charges / convictions and Trump’s affection for Putin.

Blind loyalty seems questionable. Sometimes it’s best to sell a stock and take the loss.

Oh joy let’s run with another rumor and say it’s “news”.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:37 AM

Throw this story on the trash heap of every other opinion pushed as sourced news. You look like a fool.

I'm not sure I can handle the irony of this comment.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:39 AM

I'm trying to can even.

Re: I'm not sure I can handle the irony of this comment.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:40 AM

Big time.

Humbly report sir, I believe you are asserting hypocrisy,

Jan 18, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure I can handle the irony of this comment. ]

which is wholly different from irony.

#Alanisnet.net

Then I really can't even. Haven't had my Starbucks and

Jan 18, 2019, 9:46 AM

avocado toast yet. #notmybestlife

Re: Humbly report sir, I believe you are asserting hypocrisy,

Jan 18, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Humbly report sir, I believe you are asserting hypocrisy, ]

Can't it be both?

"In hypocrisy, as in dramatic irony and verbal irony, there is a discrepancy between what the speaker says and the situation in which he says it. But the particular nature of this discrepancy differs among these kinds of case. Unlike verbal irony, hypocritical talk is not a figure of speech."

Not really, IMHO.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:13 AM

Irony, in a nutshell, is when someone does or says something completely opposite from what you'd expect.

Are you saying you would not expect Memphis to refute the validity of an article unfavorable to Trump?

Similarly though, if Memphis had said something like "Nothing bugs me more than people who lie", it would be time to get out the irony hashtags.

The differences are subtle, but they're there. This is just my take based on my classical training, high intelligence, and a single semester as an English major.

Re: Not really, IMHO.

Jan 18, 2019, 10:34 AM

I could be way off. It seems it could be both imo, because you would think someone who doesn't like bs news wouldn't read bs news non stop and wouldn't use lack of credibility to make his point. Yeah it's hipocrisy as well. I guess it could both. Maybe I wrong, but seems kind of similar to this situational irony below. I could be way wrong though. I do want to make sure I use it correctly though.

"A post on Facebook complaining how useless Facebook is.
This is ironic because one would expect someone who dislikes Facebook to stay away from it instead of using it to make their point. "

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-situational-irony.html

I think robertn could get away with the way he used it

Jan 18, 2019, 11:10 AM

I was just being a doooosh because I knew robert would get it.

HTH - “But the Fool on the Hill sees the sun going down

Jan 18, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure I can handle the irony of this comment. ]

And the eyes in his head see the world spinning round And nobody seems to like him They can tell what he wants to do”

Re: Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow Tower

Jan 18, 2019, 9:47 AM

president and not candidate trump I assume?. Yeah, kind of a big deal.

There have been so many reports over the last couple

Jan 18, 2019, 11:02 AM

of years, and nothing has really happened yet, to the President. I'm still waiting for the official announcement from the official investigation. I choose for that to be the first news I read about the President's potential criminal activity. (I do see the headlines, of course, as they are pervasive, but I choose not to read the reports.)

Why? What are you afraid of?

Jan 18, 2019, 11:44 AM

What is the argument for ignorance?

Not afraid of anything...

Jan 18, 2019, 11:49 AM

I'd just rather "know that I know" what is true, best I can. I don't want to get worried about every little thing the President might have done. I spend enough time worrying about what I directly observe him saying and doing.

Even if the things rumored in reports were all true, it still wouldn't matter until Mueller actually announces his findings. So why waste time on it?

Re: Not afraid of anything...

Jan 18, 2019, 12:10 PM

That's how I feel. I dislike Trump and firmly believe is a shady dude, but I still need proven facts before I think he is deep trouble. Everybody is just speculating.

I think everyone should withhold judgment until

Jan 18, 2019, 12:24 PM

known facts are in. I mean, one can choose to read every report that comes out, but I think it's not best to make judgments about him and his guilt based on those reports.

Personally, I am assuming the President has not committed any crimes, and am treating him as such, until such a time criminal charges are brought, or impeachment proceedings are brought, if either happens.

Everyone here knows I have many criticisms of the President, but not one time have I ever said anything negative about him in connection to Russia or crimes he may have committed. And it will stay that way until Mueller has his say.

I don't even mind speculating.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Not afraid of anything... ]

It's when speculating turns to "hoping" that it gets obnoxious. Both sides.

I hope Trump gets impeached....
I hope Hillary gets hauled off in handcuffs....

Just try to be a good person, control what you can control, and let the chips fall where they may. I don't get the intense emotional involvement that people have with these matters.

I think nowadays there are people who would start a riot if Trump got impeached, and people who would have a party if he got assassinated.

The President getting impeached would be

Jan 18, 2019, 12:31 PM

absolutely terrible for our country, as would Clinton being convicted of a crime.

Agree, but there are people who talk about it like

Jan 18, 2019, 12:34 PM

they're at the sentencing of someone who murdered a family member.

Broken record, I know, but it's this team sport mentality.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:43 PM

I disagree with the President on a lot of things, but I view him as my leader, with whom I disagree, not as an enemy. (I wish the President viewed things this way! Ha!) James Clyburn is (well, was) my Congressional representative with whom I disagree on many things, not my enemy.

As a South Carolina alum, Dabo Swinney is the coach of another football team, not my enemy. I truly believe Clemson's success is a positive thing for all of in this region, including the Gamecocks.

Similarly, the President being cleared of crimes and having success would be a great thing for all of us. We should all want that!

It would seem you are not alone in not wanting to know

Jan 18, 2019, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Not afraid of anything... ]

what's known and what has been made public in court filings.

I would prefer to be informed. This is bigger than Watergate from an historical perspective. As a result, I am intellectually curious about it. I am enjoying the journey. Knowledge doesn't make me "worry" more. Quite the opposite.

Two different approaches. Neither is right or wrong. I just prefer the informed approach to the uninformed approach.

I'm struggling to see how "intellectually curious" and

Jan 18, 2019, 12:17 PM

"news from Buzzfeed" even fit together in the same sentence.

"Top 10 lies Trump told--We couldn't even imagine number 6!!"

Is there anything more laughable than a Trump bootlicker

Jan 18, 2019, 12:24 PM

complaining about the credibility of someone?

One thing you should ALWAYS remember - in a battle of credibility, Trump loses every single time!

So your argument here is that "Trump is a bigger liar than

Jan 18, 2019, 1:30 PM

Buzzfeed"?

Nice

No. My point is that Trump is a bigger liar than everybody.

Jan 18, 2019, 1:46 PM

That's what "every single time" means.

HTH.

But you brought Trump into that.

Jan 18, 2019, 1:50 PM

I never mentioned him. There was no comparison until you mentioned him.

Buzzfeed being wrong, and Trump being a liar can be mutually exclusive.

But apparently, you cant make that determination.

Have you been hacked?

Jan 18, 2019, 2:01 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Im-struggling-to-see-how-intellectually-curious-and-24936242

Yeah, I re-read my post after I said that.

Jan 18, 2019, 2:04 PM

So I made him the butt of an invented, buzzfeed style headline. Sue me.

That's a not a comparison between him lying and Buzzfeed's potential authenticity, however. As stated..those concepts are mutually exclusive.

I agree, not a right/wrong issue...

Jan 18, 2019, 12:20 PM [ in reply to It would seem you are not alone in not wanting to know ]

Just preferences in what information we want to have.

*things being made public in court findings would not be something I would try to avoid reading about...just the things that are "reported" from "sources," which, to me, is essentially a professional rumor. Not that the sources are wrong...I just don't personally want to deal in that arena.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:12 PM

The Latest: Mueller's office says BuzzFeed report inaccurate

Message was edited by: henry®

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 8:28 PM

Oops.

LOL had a feeling that was coming. Fake news. Huge win

Jan 18, 2019, 9:28 PM

for Trump. He owes Buzzfeed news a steak dinner.

Re: LOL had a feeling that was coming. Fake news. Huge win

Jan 19, 2019, 8:34 AM

He has never been more hooked up since he has been in office. They did more for him than Fox has ever done.

Hey, Chuckston

Jan 19, 2019, 12:18 PM

LOLOLOLOL!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/2019/01/18/b9c40d34-1b85-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5c6daaeab19a

Chuckston T-Man

Replies: 97
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic